Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Compared to GDP we are only middle of the road 

That’s great all the little countries are supplying some weapons and all but we’re ahead of the big boys in Europe that are right next door to the conflict.

Why are we the ones footing the majority of the weapons and equipment?

Latvia

Estonia

Lithuania

Norway

Poland

Netherlands

Czech Republic

United Kingdom

Bulgaria

United States

Finland

Denmark

Sweden

Croatia

Canada

Portugal

Slovakia

EU institutions

Germany

Austria

Luxembourg

Note: Data source includes Australia, China, India, New Zealand, Norway, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, EU member states, and members of the Group of Seven (G7).

Source: Antezza et al., Ukraine Support Tracker, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I don't blame the west because Putin's is a mass murderer. I get you know Putin wants your side to win, so you want deflect for him a bit. 

The mass murdering autocrat is to blame. Not the west at all

How dare we spread popular government and the rule of law! (Ya, I get that you think our system is bad, whatever!) 

Lol, you better be a good looking guy, Tibs.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26079957

Edited by Tenhigh

12 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

You mean like the US owns Zelensky, after helping to overthrow the Ukrainian government in favor of a puppet leader to do America’s bidding?

Gee, where have I heard this broken record before? 🤔

Yes every situation is the same.  You would think this is another Iran because you connect non existing dots.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I'm saying whatever it was does not excuss Putin for his mass murdering. 

So glad we have helped smash the Russia army. 

Do you think Nazi paramilitary groups in Donbas murdering Ukrainian citizens of Russian heritage starting in 2014 following Madien had anything to do with precipitating the conditions for war?  Or are you sticking with the story that sovereign nations can do whatever they want like joining NATO or using racism as a justification for killing their own citizens?

9 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Do you think Nazi paramilitary groups in Donbas murdering Ukrainian citizens of Russian heritage starting in 2014 following Madien had anything to do with precipitating the conditions for war?  Or are you sticking with the story that sovereign nations can do whatever they want like joining NATO or using racism as a justification for killing their own citizens?

So, on that basis, you'd allow Putin to set his army free to kill, rape and burn the people of Ukraine? 

Sick. Just disgusting 

11 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Read the article,  you handsome devil!

No thanks 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No thanks 

Information expands your POV, Tibs. Your unwillingness to see anything other than complete black and white in terms of Putin's war in Ukraine is frankly quite disturbing. 

Besides, I am not sending you to Newsmax, it's the BBC.  That is the British Broadcasting Corporation,  a well respected and slightly left of center that has been around since the 1920s.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

Information expands your POV, Tibs. Your unwillingness to see anything other than complete black and white in terms of Putin's war in Ukraine is frankly quite disturbing. 

Besides, I am not sending you to Newsmax, it's the BBC.  That is the British Broadcasting Corporation,  a well respected and slightly left of center that has been around since the 1920s.

A very brief summary would be nice

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A very brief summary would be nice

OK buddy. It is a conversation between (at the time) Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and the US Ambassador to Ukraine, Geoffrey Pyatt, talking about the Ukrainian opposition and who they were orchestrating to lead.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

OK buddy. It is a conversation between (at the time) Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland and the US Ambassador to Ukraine, Geoffrey Pyatt, talking about the Ukrainian opposition and who they were orchestrating to lead.

Ok 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Ok 

So are you going to read it?

Tibs, I am not asking you to root for Putin, I frankly hope he is assassinated and this war comes to a speedy close with no further loss of life and that Ukraine regains all of its illegally stolen territory. 

But you need to understand  that history doesn't happen in a vacuu,  and is not completely black and white. While all of these deaths are on Putin, the West did plenty of bear poking.  That's not to say Putin was in anyway justified in his attack, and it may have happened absent the actions of the west, but it didn't.  Does that compute?

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So, on that basis, you'd allow Putin to set his army free to kill, rape and burn the people of Ukraine? 

Sick. Just disgusting 

No thanks 

I'm pointing out something you seem to be missing which is the dilemma of choosing sides based on some moral standard.  Where in a war which self-implies little to no moral standard exists.  That's kind of why its called war.  The Ukrainian "side" has committed the same atrocities you attribute to the Russian invaders.  Committed them first I might add.  As John Rambo pointed out in the first movie of the series, "they drew first blood".  I could argue the Russian response was a reaction to this, but I won't.  Who did what and when doesn't absolve anyone of blame. 

So how do you decide which to support given a lack of "moral" character on either side?  The democracy?  I can make a clear and intelligent argument that the distinction between Ukrainian democracy and Russian democracy in form and function is nil.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm pointing out something you seem to be missing which is the dilemma of choosing sides based on some moral standard.  Where in a war which self-implies little to no moral standard exists.  That's kind of why its called war.  The Ukrainian "side" has committed the same atrocities you attribute to the Russian invaders.  Committed them first I might add.  As John Rambo pointed out in the first movie of the series, "they drew first blood".  I could argue the Russian response was a reaction to this, but I won't.  Who did what and when doesn't absolve anyone of blame. 

So how do you decide which to support given a lack of "moral" character on either side?  The democracy?  I can make a clear and intelligent argument that the distinction between Ukrainian democracy and Russian democracy in form and function is nil.  

There's no real moral choice he but to help. You literally want to throw these people to the mercy of vicious rapists and murderers. 

And Ukraine is a flawed but functioning republic. You people are sick 

11 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

So are you going to read it?

Tibs, I am not asking you to root for Putin, I frankly hope he is assassinated and this war comes to a speedy close with no further loss of life and that Ukraine regains all of its illegally stolen territory. 

But you need to understand  that history doesn't happen in a vacuu,  and is not completely black and white. While all of these deaths are on Putin, the West did plenty of bear poking.  That's not to say Putin was in anyway justified in his attack, and it may have happened absent the actions of the west, but it didn't.  Does that compute?

I just don't care. Keep sending weapons, economic aid and other supplies! 

24 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Thanks for writing this out.

But after we're done apologizing for America, what do we do to keep Putin from achieving his goals? 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I just don't care. Keep sending weapons, economic aid and other supplies! 

This is why people accuse you of being a warmonger, Tibs.  You really should care about all of it. 

19 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Thanks for writing this out.

But after we're done apologizing for America, what do we do to keep Putin from achieving his goals? 

We agreed to provide defenses to Ukraine in exchange for denuclearization.  We keep providing assistance to Ukraine and do what we can legally to end the war, and not make it a proxy war.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

This is why people accuse you of being a warmonger, Tibs.  You really should care about all of it. 

We agreed to provide defenses to Ukraine in exchange for denuclearization.  We keep providing assistance to Ukraine and do what we can legally to end the war, and not make it a proxy war.

Makes no sense, a warmonger because I want a people to be able to defend themselves. That's kind of silly