Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

6 minutes ago, sherpa said:

So Raytheon isn't a "stock of freedom?'

As a guy who used to teach Sidewinder, and surface to air systems that Patriot was based on, I had very frequent dealings with that company as they used to produce the graphics used in my lecture.

They build Patriot, Sidewinder and Amraam.

Hard to find a company that US air assets would consider more a contributor to our defense and "freedom."

Sorry, I just didn't invest in that company, so what? 

Trying to kick up some dirt where's no dirt 

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Lots of expletives on here today . You okay? 

image.png.a4be9a35389c015f9d9732db70f40094.png

LOL 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Sorry, I just didn't invest in that company, so what? 

Trying to kick up some dirt where's no dirt 

Nope. Couldn't care less.

A comment that suggests that Raytheon is not a "stock of freedom," your words, is bizarre, and a view absolutely not shared by anybody in a US tacair cockpit or on the ground position defended by Patriot.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Nope. Couldn't care less.

A comment that suggests that Raytheon is not a "stock of freedom," your words, is bizarre, and a view absolutely not shared by anybody in a US tacair cockpit or on the ground position defended by Patriot.

I believe its a stock of freedom 

Off hand remark

• Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Chill out 

I’m fine thanks, but I’m not the one on here calling other people POS and giving still others the finger. But maybe you have a different interpretation of ‘chill out’. I know language is fluid these days. 😉

• Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m fine thanks, but I’m not the one on here calling other people POS and giving still others the finger. But maybe you have a different interpretation of ‘chill out’. I know language is fluid these days. 😉

I was falsely accused. How am I suppose to react? 

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Relax Tibs

He simply has a different opinion about how we choose to defend freedom. That’s all.

No he’s got a different opinion on which Americans freedom is a priority…we think all freedoms that don’t encroach on others are equal 

Edited by redtail hawk

The Biden administration has signaled to European allies that the US would allow them to export F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine, sources familiar with the discussions told CNN. Retired US Air Force Colonel Cedric Leighton explains the significance of the jets.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2023/05/19/f-16-explainer-colonel-cederic-leighton-ukraine-sot-ovn-intl-hnk-vpx.cnn

32 minutes ago, ALF said:

The Biden administration has signaled to European allies that the US would allow them to export F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine, sources familiar with the discussions told CNN. Retired US Air Force Colonel Cedric Leighton explains the significance of the jets.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2023/05/19/f-16-explainer-colonel-cederic-leighton-ukraine-sot-ovn-intl-hnk-vpx.cnn

Leaked USAF Documents state that Ukrainian Pilots could trained on the F-16 in as little as 4 months

Ukraine sent over two pilots, one qualified on the MiG-29, the other on the SU-27. The timeline comes from evaluations of their performance in simulators.

Theses guys were already qualified pilots with a lot of flight time. Not green as grass replacement pilots starting from scratch. It's important to keep that in mind.

But it also means that if Ukraine can keep its pilots alive, it's got an idea of how long it takes to transition them over to Western fighters. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

No he’s got a different opinion on which Americans freedom is a priority…we think all freedoms that don’t encroach on others are equal 

No idea what any of that means Hawk, but it’s still no excuse for the expletive laced responses. If people can’t stay somewhere in the neighborhood of civility then I’m not sure anyone ever gets their point across or moves the discussion along. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Get 'er done! 

Are you Ukrainian?

Honest question, because I don’t know…

I fail to understand how anyone without heritage ties could be this excitable about furthering a proxy war with a nuclear power.

Maybe you just really like war and/or really hate territorial expansion, however I’ve really never seen any self reflection or anger towards the US and our constant aggression in the Middle East and/or territorial land disputes happening African nations like Yemen, with American bombs being dropped on civilians by the Saudis. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Are you Ukrainian?

Honest question, because I don’t know…

I fail to understand how anyone without heritage ties could be this excitable about furthering a proxy war with a nuclear power.

Maybe you just really like war and/or really hate territorial expansion, however I’ve really never seen any self reflection or anger towards the US and our constant aggression in the Middle East and/or territorial land disputes happening African nations like Yemen, with American bombs being dropped on civilians by the Saudis. 

Maybe he's just rooting for the good guys?  Ukraine may be corrupt but they're trying to Westernize (hard to do when big brother interferes with everything).  We just let Russia run through Ukraine they'll target someone else.  Plans already slipped for Moldova and the Baltics (I'm sure the conspiracy theories say it's fake).  

Besides it's an amazing story.   A world superpower is getting b slapped by a tiny country because of superior tech and an utterly inept army.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2