Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Are the Russians attacking? Yes

Are they making significant gains? Nope 

Do people get killed attacking well equipped and dug in troops? Yup 

What are you crying about again? 

I'm suggesting you are driven by emotion and confirmation bias while having absolutely no objectivity when it comes to this conflict and that results in faulty conclusions and overly optimistic assessments of the situation.  But you're not alone with this flaw,   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm suggesting you are driven by emotion and confirmation bias while having absolutely no objectivity when it comes to this conflict and that results in faulty conclusions and overly optimistic assessments of the situation.  But you're not alone with this flaw,   

In many ways yes. I'm so hoping the people of Ukraine are successful in their freedom fight. 

You don't even think we should help them, right? You just want Putin to enslave them, correct? 

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

dont hold back. dont just cheerlead, volunteer. they could use your help.

here you go.  link included.

https://fightforua.org/

Alright! Thanks. 

What are you doing to support causes you believe in? You are against abortion, right? 

Here, chain yourself to an abortion clinic. Or are you a hypocrite? 

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1995-03-05-9503050068-story.html

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

In many ways yes. I'm so hoping the people of Ukraine are successful in their freedom fight. 

You don't even think we should help them, right? You just want Putin to enslave them, correct? 

You certainly toss around a lot of words on here. Are Russians considered to be ‘enslaved’? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Alright! Thanks. 

What are you doing to support causes you believe in? You are against abortion, right? 

Here, chain yourself to an abortion clinic. Or are you a hypocrite? 

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1995-03-05-9503050068-story.html

you got them strawmen down pat.

you got a list you just go to when needed or something?

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What I want doesn't matter because I have no influence on the outcome or the actions of the parties involved here.  I want to tell you my sister-in-law is of Ukrainian descent and my family has donated money, household items and clothing, and labor to assist in the packaging of aide for civilian relief efforts.  So I take exception to any questioning of my motives or loyalty.  And please don't suggest my desire for objectivity and skepticism is support of Russia.  I just believe this is another in the long line of Washington's interventions and nation building operations that is going to fail like they always fail.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You certainly toss around a lot of words on here. Are Russians considered to be ‘enslaved’? 

If they try and exercise their right to protest they go to jail. Is that slavery? In a way I'd say

They lack freedom in Russia, correct? 

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What I want doesn't matter because I have no influence on the outcome or the actions of the parties involved here.   

Same with me. So why you complaining? 

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What I want doesn't matter because I have no influence on the outcome or the actions of the parties involved here.  I want to tell you my sister-in-law is of Ukrainian descent and my family has donated money, household items and clothing, and labor to assist in the packaging of aide for civilian relief efforts.  So I take exception to any questioning of my motives or loyalty.  And please don't suggest my desire for objectivity and skepticism is support of Russia.  I just believe this is another in the long line of Washington's interventions and nation building operations that is going to fail like they always fail.  

i think the higher priority is that Russia fails...

Reminds me of just after 9/11 when we were 100% going to Iraq.

And anyone that even dared to question that, was called a terrorist or terrorist sympathizer.

full circle.  same script.  same goal.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Sure, Putin would love it if we handicapped ourselves that way! 

I support NO foreign intervention without a declaration of war from both houses as the constitution calls for.

is that pro putin?

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Same with me. So why you complaining? 

I'm pointing out that much of what passes as "news" is propaganda handed out by both sides.  That's not complaining.  That's a fact of all wars.  Remember Baghdad Bob? Telling us that US forces were being destroyed while in reality they were literally on his front lawn.   

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm pointing out that much of what passes as "news" is propaganda handed out by both sides.  That's not complaining.  That's a fact of all wars.  Remember Baghdad Bob? Telling us that US forces were being destroyed while in reality they were literally on his front lawn.   

Still find that CNN Iraq reporting clip to be the best.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWtwjDhgN3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWY14eyMFg

Edited by Chris farley

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Classic comedy.  Nothing you'll see from today's rehearsed and choreographed media presentations. 

It takes me back.  January 20, 1991.  AFC Championship game.  Raiders at Bills.  A game Bills fans had suffered through many years of futility to experience.  But for some reason, NBC cuts to the Gulf War over and over.  Missing a good portion of the first half.  Even through anyone interested in whatever happened in Saudi Arabia could have tuned to 20 or 30 other channels to view.  Some reporter on a roof top in Saudi Arabia talking about and occasionally ducking what's claimed to be Skud missiles.  Just a lot of drama, and for me ruining the experience of what was the Bills most dominant playoff performance ever.  Watching the game how I hoped that one of those missiles would blow up that reporter so they'd stop cutting from the game.  But no such luck.  32 years later, still hate NBC.  

Funny and ironic.  Soon after in 1992, started dating this women, it gets a little serious, and I meet her family.  Her mom and dad were nice people.  But her father through some twist of fate was a VP at NBC HQ in NYC.     

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chris farley said:

During Desert Storm, the first Iraq war CNN was quite naïve and inexperienced  but it kind of made them.

I remember the first night, when that John Holloman guy and Peter Arnett were reporting live  from that hotel in Baghdad when Holloman describes this bright glow on the screen as a missile going by, when it was clearly the afterburners of an F-15. 

The second war, 2003, I spend most of that out of the country, and CNN International, different from the US CNN, demonstrated clear bias and inaccuracy.

It was that point that I completely lost respect for them.

I will say that they were used a bit as well.

Some of the weapons that were shown being "loaded" on US airplanes were not used. They just wanted to get them in a shot to frighten the Iraqis.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Reminds me of just after 9/11 when we were 100% going to Iraq.

And anyone that even dared to question that, was called a terrorist or terrorist sympathizer.

full circle.  same script.  same goal.

I support NO foreign intervention without a declaration of war from both houses as the constitution calls for.

is that pro putin?

Us invading a foreign nation and attempting to do nation/democracy building reminds you of us helping a nation that already has a democratic tradition and that is being invaded? We are not even putting Americans soldiers there. Very different. 

Making excuses for doing nothing does help Putin, yes. 

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Putin invaded a peaceful neighboring country. That's not propaganda 

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Classic comedy.  Nothing you'll see from today's rehearsed and choreographed media presentations. 

It takes me back.  January 20, 1991.  AFC Championship game.  Raiders at Bills.  A game Bills fans had suffered through many years of futility to experience.  But for some reason, NBC cuts to the Gulf War over and over.  Missing a good portion of the first half.  Even through anyone interested in whatever happened in Saudi Arabia could have tuned to 20 or 30 other channels to view.  Some reporter on a roof top in Saudi Arabia talking about and occasionally ducking what's claimed to be Skud missiles.  Just a lot of drama, and for me ruining the experience of what was the Bills most dominant playoff performance ever.  Watching the game how I hoped that one of those missiles would blow up that reporter so they'd stop cutting from the game.  But no such luck.  32 years later, still hate NBC.  

Funny and ironic.  Soon after in 1992, started dating this women, it gets a little serious, and I meet her family.  Her mom and dad were nice people.  But her father through some twist of fate was a VP at NBC HQ in NYC.     

Not saying you are wrong, but I don't remember them cutting out of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Us invading a foreign nation and attempting to do nation/democracy building reminds you of us helping a nation that already has a democratic tradition and that is being invaded? We are not even putting Americans soldiers there. Very different. 

So as long as Americans are not dying. its kosher?  that rich.  you should again tell us how you support the people of Ukraine.

The " you either support war or support Putin" narrative is the exact same as the mongers then who said anyone that didnt support that illegal invasion, was a terrorist or supported saddam.

same false dichotomy.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chris farley said:

So as long as Americans are not dying. its kosher?  that rich.  you should again tell us how you support the people of Ukraine.

your, you either support war or support Putin narrative is the exact same as the mongers then who said anyone that didnt support that illegal invasion, was a terrorist.

same false dichotomy.

Does not make any sense at all. You guys do the anti-war act, yet the cost is the enslavement of a free people. So ya, you complaining about us supporting a free nation in their defense of liberty is an indirect support of Putin. You yourself have complained about democracy. So seeing us defend freedom, liberty and a republic would not be in your interests, it seems 

The voices that have come out in praise of Putin kind of give the game away, also 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Us invading a foreign nation and attempting to do nation/democracy building......

Not saying you are wrong, but I don't remember them cutting out of the game. 

We invaded a foreign nation that had violated a ceasefire agreement they had signed, and were in violation of many UN resolutions and were shooting at us in a no fly zone they had agreed to.

I remember them cutting into that game once, and during that, the Bills had scored another touchdown, but the game was way out of hand by then.

• Agree 2