Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

22 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Ok. It doesn’t exist. Speaking about doesn’t make you a Russian support either despite what you think 

I made no such statement or implication.

A quick search turned up this breakdown of one of the earlier aid packages.

And I'm serious, if this really does matter to you, you should reach out to your member of Congress. Their office may be able to provide more information or point you in the right direction.

So… it was likely a missile fired by Ukraine (yes, in response to Russian bombing) that landed in Poland. 

Zelensky and other Ukrainian politicians immediately called for/alluded to Article 5.  

Yet, every media outlet is proceeding to discuss this war as if it was a Russian launch anyway.  

More billions to Ukraine. 

Obsessive war talk again.  

Sketch war continues to be sketch. 

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So… it was likely a missile fired by Ukraine (yes, in response to Russian bombing) that landed in Poland. 

Zelensky and other Ukrainian politicians immediately called for/alluded to Article 5.  

Yet, every media outlet is proceeding to discuss this war as if it was a Russian launch anyway.  

More billions to Ukraine. 

Obsessive war talk again.  

Sketch war continues to be sketch. 

I don't have any headlines in my news feed calling for that at all. 

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I don't have any headlines in my news feed calling for that at all. 

Both Fox and MSNBC had guests on this morning talking about this war escalating due to what happened in Poland, and even though Russia didn’t launch the strike, we now have to operate under “what if they did”… it’s like everyone has just been waiting for this to happen to unleash their pro-war talking points.   Even when it wasn’t Russia … well… “what if it was!!!???” vibe. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Both Fox and MSNBC had guests on this morning talking about this war escalating due to what happened in Poland, and even though Russia didn’t launch the strike, we now have to operate under “what if they did”… it’s like everyone has just been waiting for this to happen to unleash their pro-war talking points.   Even when it wasn’t Russia … well… “what if it was!!!???” vibe. 

Gotcha. I personally think that all of NATO has handled this in a very sober and rational matter. 

Russia is losing, they know they're losing, and they know that they can't escalate a nuclear war without MAD. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

we are buying them 70s era Russian helicopters and tanks? 🤔 

20 Mi-17 helicopters;

45 T-72B tanks;

Yeah, one of the problems is that the Ukrainian army is trained in Soviet and post-Soviet weapons and armor. If we dropped an M-1 Abrams in Kyiv, they wouldn't have the training to effectively use it.

So there are two things being done to fix this:

1. The US and other NATO countries, (especially the former Soviet countries) are sending their old Soviet gear to Ukraine right away. No training is needed, so the Ukrainians can deploy them in the field immediately.
  2. Ukrainians soldier are going out of country (primarily to the UK) for training on NATO equipment. This way, when they have enough soldiers who are properly trained, we have the option of giving them more modern NATO kit.

The funny thing is, Russia is so depleted that they are currently deploying 40's era Soviet weapons. So even the old stuff Ukraine has is better.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Didn't see either of those, saw CNN talk about NATO being cautious and getting the full picture before acting, also brought up the issue of Zelenski accusing Russia being a bad look but they did say that when he said it his country was under it's most aggressive missile barrage yet.