Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene says Ukraine won't get more U.S. aid under GOP

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said Thursday that Ukraine will not receive any more funding if Republicans retake control of Congress in the upcoming midterm elections, per the Hill.

Driving the news: "Under Republicans, not another penny will go to Ukraine," Greene said at a Trump rally in Iowa. "Our country comes first."

"The only border they care about is Ukraine, not America’s southern border," she said of Democrats. "They don’t care about our border or our people."

Flashback: Greene's statement comes after House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) signaled last month that aid to Ukraine could be halted under Republican leadership.

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/05/marjorie-taylor-greene-ukraine-aid-republicans

Well, our aid to Ukraine has been incredibly effective in stopping Russian operations, blowing up Russian gear and killing Russian soldiers. 

In my book, this gives us leverage over Russia and Ukraine.

Marjorie Taylor Greene wants us to give away leverage in this crisis for nothing. Zero concessions from anyone. Just stop it flat out.

That incredibly stupid. Especially when we have leverage that we can use to work events to our advantage.

Suppose you're MTG. Why not tell Russia we'll stop our aid to Ukraine when Russia pays for and completes the border wall. And a second wall right behind it. That's an easy win right?

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

How much money laundering do you think is going on with this conflict? 

The American taxpayers are just kinda slightly a little bit curious, no biggie. 

Hey! Asking those sort of questions will get you impeached! Class…. we’ve been over this already.

1 hour ago, TSOL said:

How much money laundering do you think is going on with this conflict? 

The American taxpayers are just kinda slightly a little bit curious, no biggie. 

Not as much as the amount of attempted genocide. But what do you care? 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Tell us how the US can stop money laundering  or corruption during a war with Russia ? 

Do you want Putin to destroy or take over Ukraine ?

Since you are feeling so charitable to the less fortunate, can I borrow $250 bucks? 

But no, I do not want to see Ukraine destroyed, I just can't afford many more HIMARS systems 

Don't forget, we also have a stadium to pay for as well 

18 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Since you are feeling so charitable to the less fortunate, can I borrow $250 bucks? 

But no, I do not want to see Ukraine destroyed, I just can't afford many more HIMARS systems 

We’ve spent less than the amount equal to 3% of the pentagon’s budget to utterly decimate the Russian military, morale, and country, without risking US soldiers and while strengthening our relationships with our allies.

It’s probably the greatest ROI the federal government has ever seen. If Ronald Reagan was still alive, he’d just be laughing non-stop with his only criticism being that we should give more. 

Send more HIMARS, javelins, drones, missiles, bullets, etc. Grind the Russian military into dust and restore Ukraine’s pre-2014 borders. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

We’ve spent less than the amount equal to 3% of the pentagon’s budget to utterly decimate the Russian military, morale, and country, without risking US soldiers and while strengthening our relationships with our allies.

It’s probably the greatest ROI the federal government has ever seen. If Ronald Reagan was still alive, he’d just be laughing non-stop with his only criticism being that we should give more. 

Send more HIMARS, javelins, drones, missiles, bullets, etc. Grind the Russian military into dust and restore Ukraine’s pre-2014 borders. 

Thank you for your perspective. We just want to know that there's oversight to the spending, that it's not just defense contractors and sleazy eastern European types getting rich off of the war. 

7 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Thank you for your perspective. We just want to know that there's oversight to the spending, that it's not just defense contractors and sleazy eastern European types getting rich off of the war. 

That’s a fair concern!

But we have to recognize what kind of oversight is possible in the moment without jeopardizing Ukraine’s success instead of using oversight as a way to slow down aid (which I am sure is the goal of some of the MTG types).

The primary goal should be helping Ukraine defend itself and even retake its legal 1991 borders. Everything else, while it may be important, should be secondary. 

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Trump most likely agrees with this sentiment and Putin very much hopes Americans do too. 

Thank goodness good people have been in charge, though. Hopefully we continue to support Ukraine in war and peace. If you taxes go up because of it, oh well. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ALF said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene says Ukraine won't get more U.S. aid under GOP

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said Thursday that Ukraine will not receive any more funding if Republicans retake control of Congress in the upcoming midterm elections, per the Hill.

Driving the news: "Under Republicans, not another penny will go to Ukraine," Greene said at a Trump rally in Iowa. "Our country comes first."

"The only border they care about is Ukraine, not America’s southern border," she said of Democrats. "They don’t care about our border or our people."

Flashback: Greene's statement comes after House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) signaled last month that aid to Ukraine could be halted under Republican leadership.

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/05/marjorie-taylor-greene-ukraine-aid-republicans

She’s nuts, of course, but her comments on security at our southern border are spot on.  

The amount of pain, suffering and death on both sides of the border is incalculable and Biden and his team seem not very concerned about it. I’d go so far as to say politicians on both sides of the aisle seem not to be all that concerned about that brand of suffering. 

21 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

She’s nuts, of course, but her comments on security at our southern border are spot on.  

The amount of pain, suffering and death on both sides of the border is incalculable and Biden and his team seem not very concerned about it. I’d go so far as to say politicians on both sides of the aisle seem not to be all that concerned about that brand of suffering. 

So what do you suggest be done because of these people seeking asylum? 

53 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump most likely agrees with this sentiment and Putin very much hopes Americans do too. 

Thank goodness good people have been in charge, though. Hopefully we continue to support Ukraine in war and peace. If you taxes go up because of it, oh well. 

Money 

It's a hit 

Don't give me your do goody good bullsh1t 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Liberation of Kherson oblast is happening 👍

There's a clear front line that has formed  along the Dnipro river where Russian troops control most of the four regions they now claim as there's. 

I don't think either side is willing to negotiate in good faith, but the rational thing to happen is to declare the area east of the Dnipro a DMZ. All Russian troops out of Ukraine, no Ukrainian troops or weapons east of the Dnipro river.

I do think the nuclear rhetoric has calmed down, mostly due to a show of US strength. The 101st Airborne Division is in Romania on the Ukrainian border. The USS G.H.W. Bush is somewhere in the Adriatic off the coast of Croatia. 

But how this plays out is entirely up in the air.

Can Ukraine press east and send the Ruskies back to Moscow? Is Russia just waiting for the ground freeze to ceize an advantage and push Ukraine back? 

How will the lack of electricity and water effect the Ukrainian population as winter approaches?  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

There's a clear front line that has formed  along the Dnipro river where Russian troops control most of the four regions they now claim as there's. 

I don't think either side is willing to negotiate in good faith, but the rational thing to happen is to declare the area east of the Dnipro a DMZ. All Russian troops out of Ukraine, no Ukrainian troops or weapons east of the Dnipro river.

I don't understand why Ukraine wouldn't want to press their advantage. They want their legal 1991 borders back and uncovering the atrocities in Russian-occupied cities likely hardens their resolve to not leave any Ukrainians under Russian occupation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I don't understand why Ukraine wouldn't want to press their advantage. They want their legal 1991 borders back and uncovering the atrocities in Russian-occupied cities likely hardens their resolve to not leave any Ukrainians under Russian occupation.

I certainly understand that, and I think there's a 0.001% chance that Russia will cede any territory they've claimed without being driven out by force.