Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

So, @Tiberius, I now have 2 questions for you:

1. When did I "blame the West for the disaster in Ukraine"?

2. Nukes or no nukes for Ukraine?

You: Second, the main reason we are dumping 100s of $billions into Ukraine is because that was the trade off to get them to get rid of their nukes in the Budapest Agreement. 

Do you understand the point? 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You: Second, the main reason we are dumping 100s of $billions into Ukraine is because that was the trade off to get them to get rid of their nukes in the Budapest Agreement. 

Do you understand the point? 

One of us does.  Point #2 is not blaming the west for the disaster in Ukraine, it's explaining why we (the US and UK) are doing so much to help.  Do you want me to explain it to you?

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

One of us does.  Point #2 is not blaming the west for the disaster in Ukraine, it's explaining why we (the US and UK) are doing so much to help.  Do you want me to explain it to you?

Yes, explain that. Use Joe Biden's words, please. Never heard him say we had a treaty obligation to supply Ukraine. I thought he made a better argument, like, you know, its just the right thing to do. But don't let me stop you, you just go right ahead and show me I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, explain that. Use Joe Biden's words, please. Never heard him say we had a treaty obligation to supply Ukraine. I thought he made a better argument, like, you know, its just the right thing to do. But don't let me stop you, you just go right ahead and show me I'm wrong. 

Ok, here goes. 

Where am I again?, I like ice cream, I beat up Corn Pop, I was a football star and a lifeguard, I couldnt' fight in Vietnam because I have asthma, I am sorry that I have to drop out of the race because I plagiarized and exaggerated my record, you ain't black, 2 words, made in America, I did not sniff inappropriately!  

I keed, I keed, but you DID say to use Biden's words, fortunately my brain isn't Mushy enough yet to use them in kind.   

But for realsies, and In a nutshell at the end of the Cold War, about 1/3 of the USSR nuclear stockpile was in Ukraine.  In exchange for them getting rid of the nukes, the US, UK and a western-friendly Russia (under Yeltsin) agreed to provide Ukraine with "security assurances".   While they fall short of security guarantees as provided by a NATO member (of which Ukraine has been far too corrupt to gain access), we did tell Ukraine that we would respond should they be attacked.  Just google it if you want to learn more, but here is a start from the hyper-conservative Brookings Institute:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2014/12/04/the-budapest-memorandum-and-u-s-obligations/

If anything this should bolster your argument that we should be helping Ukraine more, but if it makes you feel better to call me a fascist Putin supporter, by all means, have at it.  

Edited by Tenhigh

Good 

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Ok, here goes. 

Where am I again?, I like ice cream, I beat up Corn Pop, I was a football star and a lifeguard, I couldnt' fight in Vietnam because I have asthma, I am sorry that I have to drop out of the race because I plagiarized and exaggerated my record, you ain't black, 2 words, made in America, I did not sniff inappropriately!  

I keed, I keed, but you DID say to use Biden's words, fortunately my brain isn't Mushy enough yet to use them in kind.   

But for realsies, and In a nutshell at the end of the Cold War, about 1/3 of the USSR nuclear stockpile was in Ukraine.  In exchange for them getting rid of the nukes, the US, UK and a western-friendly Russia (under Yeltsin) agreed to provide Ukraine with "security assurances".   While they fall short of security guarantees as provided by a NATO member (of which Ukraine has been far too corrupt to gain access), we did tell Ukraine that we would respond should they be attacked.  Just google it if you want to learn more, but here is a start from the hyper-conservative Brookings Institute:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2014/12/04/the-budapest-memorandum-and-u-s-obligations/

If anything this should bolster your argument that we should be helping Ukraine more, but if it makes you feel better to call me a fascist Putin supporter, by all means, have at it.  

So no we are not helping them because of that Yeltsin era agreement. We are just doing it because its the right thing to do. Thanks You could of just agreed with me and saved time 

On 10/24/2022 at 5:25 PM, BillStime said:

Sounds just like the cult - always the victim.

What an incredibly stupid concept, so what are they setting up a false flag of a false flag? Or are they really implying that Ukraine would think using a dirty bomb within the borders of the country they're trying to take back makes any kind of ***** sense?

Edited by Warcodered

12 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So no we are not helping them because of that Yeltsin era agreement. We are just doing it because its the right thing to do. Thanks You could of just agreed with me and saved time 

I hope you are at least good looking Tibs.  

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Ukraine Wants $2 Billion of EU Taxpayer Money in Aid Every Month

Officials from Ukraine are looking to get the EU taxpayers to bankroll them to the tune of $2 billion dollars every month.

Taxpayers within the European Union should hand over billions of dollars in funding to Ukraine every single month, officials from the war-torn nation have said.

Of this two billion, Die Welt reports the Zelensky administration as wanting Germany alone to send $500 million every month to tide Ukraine over, perhaps a tall order considering the frequently strained relations between the two countries.

“We need four to five billion dollars for our budget every month,” Die Welt reports Alexander Rodnyansky, a financial advisor to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, as saying.

“We believe that Germany could take on around $500 million a month, especially with a view to 2023,” he continued. “From the EU as a whole we are hoping for around $2 billion a month.”

https://www.welt.de/politik/ausland/article241772151/Ukraine-Krieg-Ukraine-hofft-auf-500-Millionen-Dollar-Finanzhilfen-pro-Monat-von-Deutschland.html

Yup, freedom isn't free. Do they want Putin to succeed in creating a failed state at the gateway to Europe? no 

Russia threatens to target Western commercial satellites like Elon Musk's Starlink
Russia threatens arms race in space if commercial satellites do not stop assisting Ukraine in war

The satellites have proven vital for Ukraine’s troop communication on the ground and along the front lines, but their assistance to Kyiv in its battlefield successes have become a sore point in Russia.

"Namely, the use by the United States and its allies of civilian, including commercial, infrastructure elements in outer space for military purposes," he added, noting that satellite use "constitute[s] indirect participation" in the war. "Quasi-civilian infrastructure may become a legitimate target for retaliation.

Frustration has reportedly mounted in Moscow and within Russia’s own ranks over its inability to maintain command and control as Ukrainian forces continue to make battlefield advances.

Vorontsov argued that commercial satellites used to benefit Ukraine in the war violates The Outer Space Treaty and warned it could start a"full-fledged arms race in outer space."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-threatens-target-western-commercial-satellites-elon-musks-starlink

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

Russia threatens to target Western commercial satellites like Elon Musk's Starlink
Russia threatens arms race in space if commercial satellites do not stop assisting Ukraine in war

The satellites have proven vital for Ukraine’s troop communication on the ground and along the front lines, but their assistance to Kyiv in its battlefield successes have become a sore point in Russia.

"Namely, the use by the United States and its allies of civilian, including commercial, infrastructure elements in outer space for military purposes," he added, noting that satellite use "constitute[s] indirect participation" in the war. "Quasi-civilian infrastructure may become a legitimate target for retaliation.

Frustration has reportedly mounted in Moscow and within Russia’s own ranks over its inability to maintain command and control as Ukrainian forces continue to make battlefield advances.

Vorontsov argued that commercial satellites used to benefit Ukraine in the war violates The Outer Space Treaty and warned it could start a"full-fledged arms race in outer space."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-threatens-target-western-commercial-satellites-elon-musks-starlink

Are the appeasers going to demand we accommodate the dictator? 

Ugh.

Russia Now Has a Second Frontline Set Up Just to Kill Its Deserters: Intel.

Ukrainian intelligence on Thursday released an audio recording that appears to capture in disturbing detail the mayhem and internal rifts between Russian troops on the battlefield. In the five-minute clip, described as an intercepted phone conversation between a Russian soldier and his wife, the man says he and the other men in his unit are a comfortable distance from the actual fighting.

“They moved us back to the second line, there’s shooting somewhere ahead of us, but we’re back here for now in the trenches,” he says, before boasting that he’d been lucky and found a “Rosneft jacket covered in blood, but warm.”

“They brought the inmates here… from prison. But they led them somewhere way up front. And we’re sitting here as a retreat-blocking detachment, *****. If someone runs back, we snuff them out.”

“What a nightmare,” his wife says.

“That’s how we have it set up. We sit on the second line, guarding the first. Behind us, there’s another line. If you go that way, you also won’t make it. So it’s impossible to run away. They shoot their own.”

This could just be Ukrainian propaganda. On the other hand, Stalin had the NKVD do the exact same thing during World War II.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia-now-has-a-second-frontline-set-up-just-to-kill-its-deserters-intel

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Ugh.

Russia Now Has a Second Frontline Set Up Just to Kill Its Deserters: Intel.

Ukrainian intelligence on Thursday released an audio recording that appears to capture in disturbing detail the mayhem and internal rifts between Russian troops on the battlefield. In the five-minute clip, described as an intercepted phone conversation between a Russian soldier and his wife, the man says he and the other men in his unit are a comfortable distance from the actual fighting.

“They moved us back to the second line, there’s shooting somewhere ahead of us, but we’re back here for now in the trenches,” he says, before boasting that he’d been lucky and found a “Rosneft jacket covered in blood, but warm.”

“They brought the inmates here… from prison. But they led them somewhere way up front. And we’re sitting here as a retreat-blocking detachment, *****. If someone runs back, we snuff them out.”

“What a nightmare,” his wife says.

“That’s how we have it set up. We sit on the second line, guarding the first. Behind us, there’s another line. If you go that way, you also won’t make it. So it’s impossible to run away. They shoot their own.”

This could just be Ukrainian propaganda. On the other hand, Stalin had the NKVD do the exact same thing during World War II.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia-now-has-a-second-frontline-set-up-just-to-kill-its-deserters-intel

Sad 

Huh.

"Russia's not our enemy, the government of warmongers is the enemy."

The protesters have repeatedly condemned the government for its support of Ukraine and the European Union sanctions against Russia, and opposed Czech membership in the EU, NATO."

They are worried about freezing this winter.

• Like (+1) 1

PRAGUE, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Thousands of Czechs protested in Prague on Friday, demanding the centre-right government step down to allow an early election and calling for talks with Russia on gas supplies ahead of winter.

The demonstration on a national holiday in Prague's main square was the third organised by far-right political movements, fringe groups and the Communist party. Police estimated the crowd in the lower tens of thousands, less than the two previous rallies.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/czech-protesters-call-new-government-direct-gas-talks-with-russia-2022-10-28/