Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you’re saying that for over six months we failed at ‘managing’ this conflict and therefore we’re NOW going to start giving the Ukrainians what they need? Or are we still just managing it? 

Is that what you think? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

What do you think? 

About whether we should be ‘managing’ a war? No, we shouldn’t.

About whether from the very beginning we should have given Ukraine what they needed to win? Yes, we should’ve. But Biden was once again clueless, anticipating a small incursion (his words not mine). 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

About whether we should be ‘managing’ a war? No, we shouldn’t.

About whether from the very beginning we should have given Ukraine what they needed to win? Yes, we should’ve. But Biden was once again clueless, anticipating a small incursion (his words not mine). 

So you think those appeasers who were against helping Ukraine were totally wrong then, right? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

So you think those appeasers who were against helping Ukraine were totally wrong then, right? 

Actually I think we should’ve stepped in BEFORE any of this got started. But once it did, you go in strong and end it fast! So….if all we’re going to do is ‘manage’ a war then I don’t blame what you call the appeasers. The current Biden policy is utterly ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Actually I think we should’ve stepped in BEFORE any of this got started. But once it did, you go in strong and end it fast! So….if all we’re going to do is ‘manage’ a war then I don’t blame what you call the appeasers. The current Biden policy is utterly ridiculous. 

Why is it ridiculous? just because he is a Democrat? 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why is it ridiculous? just because he is a Democrat? 

Huh? It’s ridiculous because it’s been an utter disaster for the people of Ukraine. Everything isn’t about American politics! Get off your partisan soapbox. This wasn’t a surprise attack. This wasn’t Pearl Harbor. What was the Biden Administration doing during the build up on the border? They were watching the Winter Olympics! 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Huh? It’s ridiculous because it’s been an utter disaster for the people of Ukraine. Everything isn’t about American politics! Get off your partisan soapbox. This wasn’t a surprise attack. This wasn’t Pearl Harbor. What was the Biden Administration doing during the build up on the border? They were watching the Winter Olympics! 

You are so partisan. Such spin! You are literally blaming Biden for Putin attacking Ukraine. How silly 

Do you still play on a sit and spin? 

image.png.3718985df34a6e4910c06b81fdae697d.png

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are so partisan. Such spin! You are literally blaming Biden for Putin attacking Ukraine. How silly 

Do you still play on a sit and spin? 

image.png.3718985df34a6e4910c06b81fdae697d.png

I’m not blaming Biden for the attack. I’m blaming Biden for the response and for not stepping in to stop it before the attack….and you know it. But instead of admitting it you fall back on childish nonsense as expected.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not blaming Biden for the attack. I’m blaming Biden for the response and for not stepping in to stop it before the attack….and you know it. But instead of admitting it you fall back on childish nonsense as expected.

Stop it how? What are you saying here? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Stop it how? What are you saying here? 

By doing the hard work of diplomacy and assembling a coalition of our allies to make it clear that ANY incursion would not be tolerated…before it starts. How about that? But what were we doing…watching figure skating and hoping not to embarrass China while they were throwing a party.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

By doing the hard work of diplomacy and assembling a coalition of our allies to make it clear that ANY incursion would not be tolerated…before it starts. How about that? But what were we doing…watching figure skating and hoping not to embarrass China while they were throwing a party.

We should have threatened war? 

On 9/27/2022 at 10:06 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Unbelievable!  The United States does not have the money or resources to turn every other country into a 'democracy'...nor is it our role in the world. (Paging George Bush, paging George Bush). Similarly, we do not have the money, space or resources to accept every person around the world who claims they are coming here seeking asylum. This is a fool's errand. 

Now you are saying Biden didn't do enough??? 

image.png.a87a9ba8b6f88de9d81f603a5fe35907.png

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Maybe you were but our intelligence community had this one nailed.  The Ukranian citizens barely believed it was going to happen.  Our intel community was jumping up and down about it in the months leading up.  A coalition would have been different than NATO in what way?  Should NATO have made a more specific threat to Putin?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LDD said:

Maybe you were but our intelligence community had this one nailed.  The Ukranian citizens barely believed it was going to happen.  Our intel community was jumping up and down about it in the months leading up.  A coalition would have been different than NATO in what way?  Should NATO have made a more specific threat to Putin?

Fully agree with this.

The US intel community had this specifically predicted.

It was almost like they had very reliable informants in Russian offices.

This one's on Putin, and ugly as the end game may be, he caused it and he will pay the consequences

Unfortunately, totally avoidable, so not only Putin, but NATO, the Russians, the US taxpayer and more importantly, the Ukrainians are paying the initial cost. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yeah, you really need to go back and read up on our actions prior to the invasion. 

20 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Fully agree with this.

The US intel community had this specifically predicted.

It was almost like they had very reliable informants in Russian offices.

This one's on Putin, and ugly as the end game may be, he caused it and he will pay the consequences

Unfortunately, totally avoidable, so not only Putin, but NATO, the Russians, the US taxpayer and more importantly, the Ukrainians are paying the initial cost. 

I loved the part where Macron fired his chief of intelligence when Russia invaded.  Because his chief of intelligence told him there was no way America could have penetrated Russian security so completely. 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers