Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

https://apnews.com/article/edward-snowden-russian-citizenship-441ab3c037b91145d17f2de2237f834d?taid=6331d2d3ad85850001c8e9f1

Meanwhile, noted libertarian and opponent of the surveillance state Edward Snowden has found an open, transparent, civil rights abiding country more to his liking. Congratulations, Comrade Snowden! And you will also be exempt from Putin’s free and fair draft, although I’m sure he’d let you volunteer. 

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

https://apnews.com/article/edward-snowden-russian-citizenship-441ab3c037b91145d17f2de2237f834d?taid=6331d2d3ad85850001c8e9f1

Meanwhile, noted libertarian and opponent of the surveillance state Edward Snowden has found an open, transparent, civil rights abiding country more to his liking. Congratulations, Comrade Snowden! And you will also be exempt from Putin’s free and fair draft, although I’m sure he’d let you volunteer. 

Putin is really scrounging for change trying to find political wins for himself.

The stuff coming out of Russia right now is insane. Widespread draft dodging, attacks on recruiting offices, mass flight to the borders, at least one recruiter murdered. It's like they're speedrunning Vietnam.

If you're going to make a conscript army work, you need a just cause, some damn good propaganda, or both. Ukraine has both and Russia has neither. 

8 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The stuff coming out of Russia right now is insane. Widespread draft dodging, attacks on recruiting offices, mass flight to the borders, at least one recruiter murdered. It's like they're speedrunning Vietnam.

If you're going to make a conscript army work, you need a just cause, some damn good propaganda, or both. Ukraine has both and Russia has neither. 

Its only a matter of time before they all show up at the Texas border requesting asylum. 

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Its only a matter of time before they all show up at the Texas border requesting asylum. 

All the better reason to have a pro-democracy foreign policy. If Venezuela had a functioning democracy DeSantis couldn't be kidnapping those legal immigrants and shipping them across state lines 

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

All the better reason to have a pro-democracy foreign policy. If Venezuela had a functioning democracy DeSantis couldn't be kidnapping those legal immigrants and shipping them across state lines 

The fake liberals love to conjure up all sorts of "crimes" in an attempt to redirect the main theme of the story when somebody embarrasses them and exposes their hypocrisy.  In this case they welcome and embrace everybody, just not to their community or neighborhood.    

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That is precisely the problem of not enforcing our borders or immigration law at the national level.

As long as they can come here with ease, there is no reason to force domestic change in their own country.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

That is precisely the problem of not enforcing our borders or immigration law at the national level.

As long as they can come here with ease, there is no reason to force domestic change in their own country.

Asylum seekers are here legally. I hope you don't think we should should just throw people back to the wolves

I do wish we spent more money on helping other nations so they would want to stay where they can live, thrive and survive. It would help out so much with the global war for democracy against China, Russia, North Korea and Iran

Unbelievable!  The United States does not have the money or resources to turn every other country into a 'democracy'...nor is it our role in the world. (Paging George Bush, paging George Bush). Similarly, we do not have the money, space or resources to accept every person around the world who claims they are coming here seeking asylum. This is a fool's errand. 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Asylum seekers are here legally. I hope you don't think we should should just throw people back to the wolves

I do wish we spent more money on helping other nations so they would want to stay where they can live, thrive and survive. It would help out so much with the global war for democracy against China, Russia, North Korea and Iran

"Asylum seekers?"

They are illegal aliens, and there are millions just this year.

It doesn't matter a bit if we "spend more money" helping nations with tyrannical governments if that money goes through that government.

I don't think you have any idea of the scope of this, but I do know that not enforcing our immigration laws promotes and empowers these same tyrannical governments.

See the idiocy of Carter's Mariel boatlift for an example.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, that's you. Your arguments are pretty weak in general actually. 

Really?

Weak?

I flew South America for ten years, from about 2002 until 2012.

I went through Miami Customs and Immigration once a week and sometimes five or six times a week.

I had countless opportunities to talk to Immigration folks during that time, as various US Immigration computer delays delays would occur.

I guarantee you that you have no idea of how much of an industry this is, or how much money is made by it by brokers in South/Central America.

Standard situation. A woman gets a visa. Comes up pregnant before here trip.

Immigration agents would state that there is no way that woman or that child is ever going to abide by the visa.

You don't know the situation, and you don't know what a "weak" argument is.

You are a political hack.

Uninformed and ignorant.

Just now, sherpa said:

Really?

Weak?

I flew South America for ten years, from about 2002 until 2012.

I went through Miami Customs and Immigration once a week and sometimes five or six times a week.

I had countless opportunities to talk to Immigration folks during that time, as various US Immigration computer delays delays would occur.

I guarantee you that you have no idea of how much of an industry this is, or how much money is made by it by brokers in South/Central America.

Standard situation. A woman gets a visa. Comes up pregnant before here trip.

Immigration agents would state that there is no way that woman or that child is ever going to abide by the visa.

You don't know the situation, and you don't know what a "weak" argument is.

You are a political hack.

Uninformed and ignorant.

I know I know, and you also know what Thomas Jefferson would think of Biden, blah blah 

• Dislike 1