Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Freedom isn't free! 

Did you stand with Obama in opposing the Iraq War? 

Interesting, now you're about freedom?  There has to be some internal conflict with that notion?  Why are we the only country in the world that has a problem with being a sovereign nation?  I'm all for lending a hand to other struggling countries, when we have our own affairs in order.  

1 hour ago, Brueggs said:

Interesting, now you're about freedom?  There has to be some internal conflict with that notion?  Why are we the only country in the world that has a problem with being a sovereign nation?  I'm all for lending a hand to other struggling countries, when we have our own affairs in order.  

You are a surrender monkey. 

Your last point is so silly. What, when a Repiblican is president? 

You supported Bush's war right? Or were you with Obama on that? 

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nobody in the Democrat Party supported that war more than Biden using his Senatorial influence

He promoted it for months.

Did you forget that?

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Everyone that cares about freedom, free government and democracy. Thank goodness Biden was president when this happened 

You’re right! I’m sure without Joe at the wheel it would’ve been a major incursion instead of the minor incursion he opened the door for. 

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You are a surrender monkey. 

Your last point is so silly. What, when a Repiblican is president? 

It has nothing to do with party.  I didn't like either one of those presidents actually.  

Now that partisan politics is out of the way, where does that leave you?

12 hours ago, Brueggs said:

Simply because America is unique as its both a country and a global empire.  America the country is like other countries with elected representative government that  serves the interests of the people and the country.  But in reality, most of the representatives we elect to Washington serve the interests of the empire. 

The empire's objectives are simple.  Maintain the current uni-polar order where the empire makes the rules and everybody else follows the rules.  Address any threats to this order by whatever means are required.   Countries that don't want to follow the rules are subject to political, economic, and military actions.  As long as a country follows the rules it doesn't matter if its a democracy, a monarchy, or some form of an oppressive government as long as they serve the interests of the empire. 

While most think the empire derives its power from the military, its real power comes from the US dollar and its status as the world's reserve and trade settlement currency.  And through this controls the "value" of money worldwide.  When you control the value of money, you control the value of everything.  Along with that it allows for the remarkable ability to run trillion dollar deficits and create billions at any whim while deflecting most of the harm and impact to others.   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

2 hours ago, Brueggs said:

It has nothing to do with party.  I didn't like either one of those presidents actually.  

Now that partisan politics is out of the way, where does that leave you?

Leaves me with a victory against fascism. Putin being defeated is a good thing all around. 

11 hours ago, sherpa said:

Nobody in the Democrat Party supported that war more than Biden using his Senatorial influence

He promoted it for months.

Did you forget that?

Joe Biden isn't the reason we went to war. I'm sure in a few months we can really have a deep discussion on this, The 20 year anniversary of the war is coming up 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Leaves me with a victory against fascism. Putin being defeated is a good thing all around. 

Joe Biden isn't the reason we went to war. I'm sure in a few months we can really have a deep discussion on this, The 20 year anniversary of the war is coming up 

No, Joe Biden isn't the reason for anything until he was President.

He was basically a suit in the Senate.

Regardless, he was the main trumpeter in the support for the war, on the Democrat side, in his Senate role.

Undeniable.

Factual.

Not subject to argument.

32 minutes ago, sherpa said:

No, Joe Biden isn't the reason for anything until he was President.

He was basically a suit in the Senate.

Regardless, he was the main trumpeter in the support for the war, on the Democrat side, in his Senate role.

Undeniable.

Factual.

Not subject to argument.

So? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So? 

So?

Are you kidding?

You are asking someone if they supported Obama's angst against the war, while neglecting to acknowledge the single most influential proponent of it on the Dem side, who is now our President was rallying his troops for it. 

So?

You think no one notices this nonsense?

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

So?

Are you kidding?

You are asking someone if they supported Obama's angst against the war, while neglecting to acknowledge the single most influential proponent of it on the Dem side, who is now our President was rallying his troops for it. 

So?

You think no one notices this nonsense?

Oh no, I ask someone something! 😆

And Biden was NOT the single most influential proponent on Dem side, he even tried watering down the powers given to Bush on his mad rush to war 

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh no, I ask someone something! 😆

And Biden was NOT the single most influential proponent on Dem side, he even tried watering down the powers given to Bush on his mad rush to war 

Goodness me.

He was Chairman of the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee when the vote was cast.

Are you simply blind to this?

Watching you, and him, back away from this is as pathetic as watching the Pelosi brigade deny knowing about "enhanced interrogation."

Insulting to anybody with any knowledge, and grossly insulting to people involved. 

36 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Goodness me.

He was Chairman of the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee when the vote was cast.

Are you simply blind to this?

Watching you, and him, back away from this is as pathetic as watching the Pelosi brigade deny knowing about "enhanced interrogation."

Insulting to anybody with any knowledge, and grossly insulting to people involved. 

Goodness! Was he really, wow! 

Backing away? What have you got in your head. 

He also said his vote was a mistake. Yup 

Ya, that torture in Iraq was real bad, wasn't it? 

What a mess! 

oh, and 19 years, not 20, my bad 

Bush's crazed drive to invade Iraq, What a mess! 

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

If reports are to believed. Looks like this fiery ordeal might finally be nearing the endgame with a Ukrainian victory. Now we just have to hope Putin accepts the loss with grace and doesn’t do anything desperate. 

I hope so. This war should have never happened, and when it happened it should have been a comprehensive Russian victory.  Putin has no one to blame for the current mess than himself and the country he's built over the last 20 years.  

Taking his L and cutting a deal *should* have happened months ago, when it was obvious his army and his country weren't prepared for a real war. But all he does is double down on mistakes, or try and escalate his way out of the situation.  What worries me is what he does when he realizes he's flushed 20 years worth of success down the toilet in 6 months. 

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Goodness! Was he really, wow! 

Backing away? What have you got in your head. 

He also said his vote was a mistake. Yup 

Ya, that torture in Iraq was real bad, wasn't it? 

What a mess! 

oh, and 19 years, not 20, my bad 

Bush's crazed drive to invade Iraq, What a mess! 

If this makes any sense to anyone.

• Agree 1