Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The only problem with your argument is that the media is heavily skewed to the left and for all intents and purposes the political left and the mainstream media are a single integrated entity.

I know. That IS my point.

The media has been obviously biased to the left for decades. People could take their reporting with the appropriate grains of salt into account. But once the great orange menace came on the scene they dispensed with mere bias and became full on activists and propagandists. 

11 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

I know. That IS my point.

The media has been obviously biased to the left for decades. People could take their reporting with the appropriate grains of salt into account. But once the great orange menace came on the scene they dispensed with mere bias and became full on activists and propagandists. 

Fox news Carlson and Hannity especially , Newsmax , OAN , most AM radio talk shows , should the opposite view stay silent ?

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Fox news Carlson and Hannity especially , Newsmax , OAN , most AM radio talk shows , should the opposite view stay silent ?

5% reach. At most.

You are absolutely lost if you can't admit that the vast majority of media trumpets the democrat narrative.  Period.

27 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

5% reach. At most.

You are absolutely lost if you can't admit that the vast majority of media trumpets the democrat narrative.  Period.

Do you doubt Fox news alone has  more viewers then CNN and MSNBC combined  24/7 ?   The network news 30 minutes a day with mostly commercials and various stories.

55 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

5% reach. At most.

I don’t know, I’ve seen people who didn’t even know what a communist was all of a sudden start sharing the most insane ***** from more typical right wing sources.  

The left has always been insane ever since I first opened my account here but the right has come back in force and they aren’t your classical conservatives.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The only problem with your argument is that the media is heavily skewed to the left and for all intents and purposes the political left and the mainstream media are a single integrated entity.

Fox news is the most popular media outlet in the country, and its not even close. Has been for years if not decades. So what does it matter if "The Media" skews left, but the overwhelming majority of media consumers chose to consume media that skews right? How can they be victims of this vast liberal media complex if they dont watch it, ever? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

ok. Do you think that the right and left are held to account in equal proportion among media, big tech and federal institutions?

Are the they held to equal account on Fox and all the other right wing sources?  Not in my opinion.  Yet the right seems to feel "their" media sources speak the truth while the left sources are totally bereft and to be ignored. Total ignorance outside your echo chamber akin to the left wingers.  You are both the same.

51 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Are the they held to equal account on Fox and all the other right wing sources?  Not in my opinion.  Yet the right seems to feel "their" media sources speak the truth while the left sources are totally bereft and to be ignored. Total ignorance outside your echo chamber akin to the left wingers.  You are both the same.

FoxNews. That's all you ever have. 

CNN. ABC. NBC. CBS. NPR. Msnbc. NYT. Washington post....etc...

So...

In October 2020 Miranda Devine at the NY Post released the Hunter Biden laptop story. She verified the emails as legit from the laptop and immediately...

Every single one of the above outlets refused to report on the story. An easily verifiable story that they refused to report. A story about the son of a Presidential candidate selling access to his father to foreign business interests...

How do you suppose that story would be covered if those sons were named Eric or Donald Trump Jr.?

Twitter suspended the NY Post twitter account and banned sharing of the story. Facebook/Instagram too.

It was so blatant and obvious and out in the open and STILL we have partisan morons who won't admit it.

That's why I'm at the ***** you stage.

There's the run of the mill policy right/left disagreements that always are there throughout the decades....and then there's what's happened post 2015.

If you're a hack who still interprets where we're at through the typical right/left policy lens then I've got zero time for you.

You can ***** right off.

9 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

FoxNews. That's all you ever have. 

CNN. ABC. NBC. CBS. NPR. Msnbc. NYT. Washington post....etc...

So...

In October 2020 Miranda Devine at the NY Post released the Hunter Biden laptop story. She verified the emails as legit from the laptop and immediately...

Every single one of the above outlets refused to report on the story. An easily verifiable story that they refused to report. A story about the son of a Presidential candidate selling access to his father to foreign business interests...

How do you suppose that story would be covered if those sons were named Eric or Donald Trump Jr.?

Twitter suspended the NY Post twitter account and banned sharing of the story. Facebook/Instagram too.

It was so blatant and obvious and out in the open and STILL we have partisan morons who won't admit it.

That's why I'm at the ***** you stage.

There's the run of the mill policy right/left disagreements that always are there throughout the decades....and then there's what's happened post 2015.

If you're a hack who still interprets where we're at through the typical right/left policy lens then I've got zero time for you.

You can ***** right off.

And yet despite all that nearly half the country still voted for the guy who had the most negative coverage you could possibly imagine and the rest voted against him.

Let’s be real, no one voted for Biden they voted against trump. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, meazza said:

And yet despite all that nearly half the country still voted for the guy who had the most negative coverage you could possibly imagine and the rest voted against him.

Again, not the point at all.

I don't care if Biden was running against friggin David Duke.

The media and big tech putting their thumb on the scale by refusing to cover and in many cases outright censoring the accurate reporting of a story they damn well knew was authentic in order to protect their preferred candidate is beyond the pale. That's a move straight out of the Pravda playbook...speaking of Russian disinformation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Well, the good people of South Carolina that propelled Biden to the nomination voted FOR him. 

And let's be real, Trump earned that negative coverage 

18 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

This is nuts if it happens on so many levels.  If it actually goes down I wonder what the response will be.

Will they send elite troops or cannon fodder that would just run away?  So many questions to this lunacy.

I can't see Kim sending away his personal army to be slaughtered for someone else. Imagine the media coverage if some Korean troops were taken captive and allowed to talk about life in North Korea 

20 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

Interesting take given this aid was passed with BIPARTISAN support.

Perhaps you missed the dozens of other times I've said that I'm neither D nor R.  I'm registered independent.  I think BOTH parties suck ass and they both take the blame here.

And ***** off.

What's hilarious about our resident Independents - (we all know who they "claim" to be) - you won't find ONE thread critical of the GQP establishment or GQP media.

Idiots

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I can't see Kim sending away his personal army to be slaughtered for someone else. Imagine the media coverage if some Korean troops were taken captive and allowed to talk about life in North Korea 

N Korean troops would likely surrender to Ukraine if they can defect and stay in the West.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

N Korean troops would likely surrender to Ukraine if they can defect and stay in the West.

I hope so, but I wouldn't bet on it.  There's a lot more to North Korea's state ideology and the Kims' personality cult than just communism. North Korean defectors are strange because they frequently miss it there, and return voluntarily.  

In a nutshell, it's because they're raised to believe tha North Koreans are the gentlest, most generous, most innocent and most moral people on the planet.  So they have to obey the Kims without question and live in an armed camp, or they'll all be conquered and murdered.

Check this talk out. Its a long talk. 

The Cleanest Race by BR Myers

2 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I hope so, but I wouldn't bet on it.  There's a lot more to North Korea's state ideology and the Kims' personality cult than just communism. North Korean defectors are strange because they frequently miss it there, and return voluntarily.  

In a nutshell, it's because they're raised to believe that North Koreans are the gentlest, most generous, most innocent and most moral people on the planet.  So they have to obey the Kims without question and live in an armed camp, or they'll all be conquered and murdered.

Check this talk out. Its a long talk. 

The Cleanest Race by BR Myers

So, the identical ideological mindset as the American woke movement!    

6 hours ago, ALF said:

I’m pretty sure they are the most brainwashed group in the world. They would probably be the bunch I would fear the most in the battlefield. They wouldn’t bat an eye at dying in droves if their supreme leader asked it of them. He’s a literal god on earth in their eyes. 

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

What's hilarious about our resident Independents - (we all know who they "claim" to be) - you won't find ONE thread critical of the GQP establishment or GQP media.

Idiots

And yet you are ? 😂😂😂

You wear your party affiliation on your forehead.  You’re no better than those you criticize.

10 hours ago, meazza said:

And yet you are ? 😂😂😂

You wear your party affiliation on your forehead.  You’re no better than those you criticize.

Did you miss the point here? People claiming to be independents but aren't? That would be different than people who obviously support one side or the other (the vast majority of all of us here)