Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Well look at what happened to your model government! Your hero putin had to default, lol. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/27/economy/russia-debt-default-sanctions/index.html

Still, it took longer than many had expected: Sanctions have largely failed to cripple Russia's economy, as surging energy prices have padded the country's coffers.

Meanwhile, Russia's currency has soared to a seven-year high against the US dollar.

When does the crippling part begin? Shouldn’t it have all been over by now? Do you have any expectation for when it might be over? The Ukrainian people are suffering. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/27/economy/russia-debt-default-sanctions/index.html

Still, it took longer than many had expected: Sanctions have largely failed to cripple Russia's economy, as surging energy prices have padded the country's coffers.

Meanwhile, Russia's currency has soared to a seven-year high against the US dollar.

When does the crippling part begin? Shouldn’t it have all been over by now? Do you have any expectation for when it might be over? The Ukrainian people are suffering. 

So you have no clue about the importance of the bond market I guess. Sure seems that way 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you have no clue about the importance of the bond market I guess. Sure seems that way 

You should write an angry letter to CNN for publishing that pro-Putin crap. They are obviously fascists. And possibly ignorant of how bond markets work. 

On 12/5/2021 at 9:42 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

Other than Sevastopol in Crimea Russia has no strategic interest in Ukraine other than discouraging NATO from expanding and housing troops in the country.  It's all posturing right now.  On both sides.  NATO is trying to pretend it is still relevant and Russia is bluffing a build-up to assess the West's response strategy in the event something "hot" starts.

Can anyone clearly articulate the US security interest here?  Absent any patronizing talk about supporting democracy.  Can you find Ukraine on a map without the country names shown?  

Bump this... 😆 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Sure, no problem.

$87,000,000,000: NATO's monthly budget

$5,000,000,000: Monthly cost to grind the Russian army to shreds

Sounds good to me. 

Edited by ChiGoose

You have to ask yourself why the US is sending two battalions of the 101st to Poland, one of which is the headquarters batallion. The 101st is offensive capability. They aren't peacekeepers. 

Destroyers to Spain, F-35s to England. Feels like positioning to me in bits and pieces, under the radar so nobody gets spooked and drives oil prices higher. 

I don't put it past these fools to engage in real conflict with Russian troops in Ukraine - if Kyiv is in imminent danger of collapse, I could see NATO entering the war. 

Ukraine isn't just Biden's mess. It's been a Bush, Obama, Trump mess too. 

Edited by dpberr

13 minutes ago, dpberr said:

You have to ask yourself why the US is sending two battalions of the 101st to Poland, one of which is the headquarters batallion. The 101st is offensive capability. They aren't peacekeepers. 

Destroyers to Spain, F-35s to England. Feels like positioning to me in bits and pieces, under the radar so nobody gets spooked and drives oil prices higher. 

I don't put it past these fools to engage in real conflict with Russian troops in Ukraine - if Kyiv is in imminent danger of collapse, I could see NATO entering the war. 

Ukraine isn't just Biden's mess. It's been a Bush, Obama, Trump mess too. 

Well... At least Clinton is out of picture.  The Republicans blamed him for everything.

Clinton Bad!