Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Oy!! 

LONDON — He may be in the middle of a leadership crisis in Britain and facing pressure from his own Conservative Party lawmakers, but Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s popularity continues to soar in Ukraine.

This week, he was afforded honorary Cossack status by a community in Chernihiv, in northern Ukraine, and dubbed “Borys Chupryna.” The blessing ceremony took place at St. Catherine’s Church, and a certificate of his new status along with a portrait by artists Daria Dobryakova and Yuri Kutilov are on their way to London, Ukrainian media outlets reported.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/06/09/russia-ukraine-war-putin-news-live-updates/

Poland's president says calls with Russia's Putin are like speaking to Hitler: report

Duda made the remark late Wednesday after French President Emmanuel Macron – who has kept up a dialogue with Putin during the Ukraine war – said over the weekend that "we must not humiliate Russia so that the day when the fighting stops we can build an exit ramp through diplomatic means," according to Reuters. 

"Did anyone speak like this with Adolf Hitler during World War Two?" Duda reportedly told the German newspaper Bild. "Did anyone say that Adolf Hitler must save face? That we should proceed in such a way that it is not humiliating for Adolf Hitler? I have not heard such voices."

https://www.foxnews.com/world/poland-russia-ukraine-war-putin-hitler-comparison

On 6/9/2022 at 5:14 PM, Tiberius said:

And they wonder why Nordic countries are moving to get into Nato.  

Hopefully Ukraines neighbors will get more financial help from the eu and elsewhere.  Poland for example has absorbed a huge amount of refugees and they aren't exactly rich.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

And they wonder why Nordic countries are moving to get into Nato.  

Hopefully Ukraines neighbors will get more financial help from the eu and elsewhere.  Poland for example has absorbed a huge amount of refugees and they aren't exactly rich.  

Help from the EU?  Almost all of these economies are raging dumpster fires that depend on transfer payments from a few stronger economies like Germany,  With the US close behind in conditions deteriorating.  Most observers here are still fixated on the idea Putin is out to reform the Soviet Union or some other territorial conquest.  What he's out to do, with China in the wings, is break the world financial order where the US and Europe call the shots.  Look at today's market action for a clue.  Gold was up $24 US in trading and every major currency lost ground to the US dollar except one.  The Russian Ruble.  The sanctions are working great.  To destroy the economies of the West. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Help from the EU?  Almost all of these economies are raging dumpster fires that depend on transfer payments from a few stronger economies like Germany,  With the US close behind in conditions deteriorating.  Most observers here are still fixated on the idea Putin is out to reform the Soviet Union or some other territorial conquest.  What he's out to do, with China in the wings, is break the world financial order where the US and Europe call the shots.  Look at today's market action for a clue.  Gold was up $24 US in trading and every major currency lost ground to the US dollar except one.  The Russian Ruble.  The sanctions are working great.  To destroy the economies of the West. 

A few in the east are raging dumpster fires because they were under the ussr's thumb for so long.  Not easy to rebuild after that.  I've been to a few of these countries shortly after communism collapsed and the difference between now and then is immense.

And one reason Germany is doing so well is because they looted a lot of countries they invaded in ww2.  Gold, art, you name it they pillaged it.  They've made some amends but only a fraction. 

As to Russia you may be right.   I suspect their aims are not quite so high (bit unrealistic) but could be.  I think as Putin finally admitted they are trying to get old lands back and he's blowing off some fireworks before he croaks.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

A few in the east are raging dumpster fires because they were under the ussr's thumb for so long.  Not easy to rebuild after that.  I've been to a few of these countries shortly after communism collapsed and the difference between now and then is immense.

And one reason Germany is doing so well is because they looted a lot of countries they invaded in ww2.  Gold, art, you name it they pillaged it.  They've made some amends but only a fraction. 

As to Russia you may be right.   I suspect their aims are not quite so high (bit unrealistic) but could be.  I think as Putin finally admitted they are trying to get old lands back and he's blowing off some fireworks before he croaks.

Germany is doing well because they stole artwork almost 3/4 of a century ago? I have to say….you may be right…but I’ve never heard that one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Germany is doing well because they stole artwork almost 3/4 of a century ago? I have to say….you may be right…but I’ve never heard that one. 

I suspect you're being facetious.  Not quite my point there.  They stole gold reserves and anything they could get their hands on of value.  Many of a certain age in formerly occupied nations hold a grudge still while the young look to Germany for work. 

Former eastern bloc countries had it real rough it's hard not to have some sympathy there.  For Poland, Czech,  Slovakia which didn't exist then, Germany either invades or is gifted lands and pillages resources and kills any who dissent.  Then what do they have to look forward to?  Soviet rule which wasn't better and certainly not wanted.   It's a wonder some have recovered as they have.

Putin carries poop case when he travels outside Moscow to hide possible health problems: Report
Putin reportedly collects his fecal matter and urine to dispose of in Moscow

"Putin fears the possibility of any information about his health getting into the hands of foreign intelligence services," Rebekah Koffler, president of Doctrine & Strategy Consulting and a former DIA intelligence officer, told Fox News Digital. 

Putin has an 81% approval rating despite scattered protests since the start of the invasion of Ukraine. 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-poop-case-moscow-health-problems

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Putin carries poop case when he travels outside Moscow to hide possible health problems: Report
Putin reportedly collects his fecal matter and urine to dispose of in Moscow

"Putin fears the possibility of any information about his health getting into the hands of foreign intelligence services," Rebekah Koffler, president of Doctrine & Strategy Consulting and a former DIA intelligence officer, told Fox News Digital. 

Putin has an 81% approval rating despite scattered protests since the start of the invasion of Ukraine. 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/putin-poop-case-moscow-health-problems

Well, I am sure that he doesn't carry it himself.

He has his Private Putin Poop Patrol for that.  😎

Our President Ladies and Gentlemen...........Good job Joe !

Joe Biden Tosses Zelensky Under the Bus and Backs up Over Him 

337f845a-eaa8-4a73-95f6-91802b26a6d7-860

President Joe Biden, speaking to donors at a Democratic fundraiser here, said Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky “didn’t want to hear it” when U.S. intelligence gathered information that Russia was preparing to invade.

The remarks came as Biden was talking about his work to rally and solidify support for Ukraine as the war continues into its fourth month.

“Nothing like this has happened since World War II. I know a lot of people thought I was maybe exaggerating. But I knew we had data to sustain he” — meaning Russian President Vladimir Putin — “was going to go in, off the border.”

“There was no doubt,” Biden said. “And Zelensky didn’t want to hear it.”

Well, that’s nice. The empathizer-in-chief maligning a guy whose country is being invaded by nuclear-armed Russia, in order to gain a few claps at a fundraiser.

Biden doing that is so on-brand because nothing is ever his fault. Inflation isn’t his fault, the economy isn’t his fault, Afghanistan wasn’t his fault, the border crisis isn’t his fault, and of course, he bears zero responsibility for Russia invading Ukraine. Do you understand how all this works now?

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/11/joe-biden-tosses-zelensky-under-the-bus-and-backs-up-over-him-n577352

32 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Our President Ladies and Gentlemen...........Good job Joe !

Joe Biden Tosses Zelensky Under the Bus and Backs up Over Him 

337f845a-eaa8-4a73-95f6-91802b26a6d7-860

President Joe Biden, speaking to donors at a Democratic fundraiser here, said Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky “didn’t want to hear it” when U.S. intelligence gathered information that Russia was preparing to invade.

The remarks came as Biden was talking about his work to rally and solidify support for Ukraine as the war continues into its fourth month.

“Nothing like this has happened since World War II. I know a lot of people thought I was maybe exaggerating. But I knew we had data to sustain he” — meaning Russian President Vladimir Putin — “was going to go in, off the border.”

“There was no doubt,” Biden said. “And Zelensky didn’t want to hear it.”

Well, that’s nice. The empathizer-in-chief maligning a guy whose country is being invaded by nuclear-armed Russia, in order to gain a few claps at a fundraiser.

Biden doing that is so on-brand because nothing is ever his fault. Inflation isn’t his fault, the economy isn’t his fault, Afghanistan wasn’t his fault, the border crisis isn’t his fault, and of course, he bears zero responsibility for Russia invading Ukraine. Do you understand how all this works now?

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/11/joe-biden-tosses-zelensky-under-the-bus-and-backs-up-over-him-n577352

Was this before or after giving Uk $ 40 billion in aid? 

Two wo world leaders were very critical of NATO, Trump and Putin 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Back to the thread.

Putin given 'urgent medical help' after falling ill while talking to military chiefs, Kremlin insider claims

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10903627/Putin-given-urgent-medical-help-falling-ill-talking-military-chiefs.html

Would be nice if he would just die already. 

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

Back to the thread.

Putin given 'urgent medical help' after falling ill while talking to military chiefs, Kremlin insider claims

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10903627/Putin-given-urgent-medical-help-falling-ill-talking-military-chiefs.html

Please let this be serious.   Wonder who would take over should this come to pass.