Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

Russians plunder $5M farm vehicles from Ukraine -- to find they've been remotely disabled

But after a journey of more than 700 miles, the thieves were unable to use any of the equipment -- because it had been locked remotely.
Over the past few weeks there's been a growing number of reports of Russian troops stealing farm equipment, grain and even building materials - beyond widespread looting of residences. But the removal of valuable agricultural equipment from a John Deere dealership in Melitopol speaks to an increasingly organized operation, one that even uses Russian military transport as part of the heist.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/01/europe/russia-farm-vehicles-ukraine-disabled-melitopol-intl/index.html

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

But the removal of valuable agricultural equipment from a John Deere dealership in Melitopol speaks to an increasingly organized operation, one that even uses Russian military transport as part of the heist.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/01/europe/russia-farm-vehicles-ukraine-disabled-melitopol-intl/index.html

Kelly'skis heroes.

• Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did Obama take 15 boxes of classified information from the WH to his mansion?

Did Obama’s son in law struggle to get a security clearance at the WH and share classified info with his Saudi friends who in turn gave him $2 billion dollars?

2 hours ago, Doc said:

That's why while I haven't blocked him, I don't engage with him anymore.

lolz

Edited by BillStime
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Interesting on tanks 

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Russians plunder $5M farm vehicles from Ukraine -- to find they've been remotely disabled

But after a journey of more than 700 miles, the thieves were unable to use any of the equipment -- because it had been locked remotely.
Over the past few weeks there's been a growing number of reports of Russian troops stealing farm equipment, grain and even building materials - beyond widespread looting of residences. But the removal of valuable agricultural equipment from a John Deere dealership in Melitopol speaks to an increasingly organized operation, one that even uses Russian military transport as part of the heist.

Massive organized plunder. Putin's morality on display. The sooner they scum is gone the better place the world will be 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/29/2022 at 12:39 PM, Coffeesforclosers said:

Yup.  I think it's safe to say that everyone in this thread hopes Ukraine is doing as well as they're telling us they're doing.

I hope so, but don't you think its a little weird that the press is unilaterally taking them at their word, seemingly without doing any actual investigating? 

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I hope so, but don't you think its a little weird that the press is unilaterally taking them at their word, seemingly without doing any actual investigating? 

I'm not sure what you would like them to do.  The war zone is a very dangerous place and nobody is safe on the front lines.  This is unlike other modern wars that we have been involved in because it is between two flagged states.  Iraq and Afghanistan were largely insurgent wars with imbedded American journalists with our troops almost at every turn.  This is far different and getting real time journalism in a very active and dangerous war zone or reliable information from an aggressive dictatorship (Russia) or a defensively postured country that is fighting for its existence (Ukraine) is next to impossible.  Ukraine has been reticent to even take credit for some of their major scores because they don't want to give up any info that might expose their forces.  

3 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

The facts are there, you've just got sift through the BS. Which includes stuff you very much might want to agree with. 

As for whatever the media is saying, the only bits I see are what gets posted on this thread.  If I watch news, I watch PBS.

3 hours ago, LDD said:

I'm not sure what you would like them to do.  The war zone is a very dangerous place and nobody is safe on the front lines.  This is unlike other modern wars that we have been involved in because it is between two flagged states.  Iraq and Afghanistan were largely insurgent wars with imbedded American journalists with our troops almost at every turn.  This is far different and getting real time journalism in a very active and dangerous war zone or reliable information from an aggressive dictatorship (Russia) or a defensively postured country that is fighting for its existence (Ukraine) is next to impossible.  Ukraine has been reticent to even take credit for some of their major scores because they don't want to give up any info that might expose their forces.  

It would be cool if they at least tried verified stories before they printed them, no? Or are you saying the news outlets should play along because Putin is evil?

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The facts are there, you've just got sift through the BS. Which includes stuff you very much might want to agree with. 

As for whatever the media is saying, the only bits I see are what gets posted on this thread.  If I watch news, I watch PBS.

There is a lot of BS even still, but not as much as in the first few weeks of the invasion.   And it was weird how it happened,  imo.