Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

This falls on our president who is a democrat 

And he’s doing a fine job rallying a global response and strengthening NATO unlike the Conald who destroyed our credibility on the world stage; fought hard to discredit NATO and hold up critical funds for Ukraine all to appease his Daddy.

image.thumb.jpeg.1fdbe85a7d335fa55860c0d21ab88b52.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And he’s doing a fine job rallying a global response and strengthening NATO unlike the Conald who destroyed our credibility on the world stage; fought hard to discredit NATO and hold up critical funds for Ukraine all to appease his Daddy.

image.thumb.jpeg.1fdbe85a7d335fa55860c0d21ab88b52.jpeg

Sure

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Some of the posters here act like Russia is the first country to ever violate the ethics and moral standards of modern warfare.  While it sure looks like they're guilty of it they're not the first.  And people living in a country that initiates discretionary and optional warfare in multiple places around the world which results in a lot of death and suffering shouldn't be throwing stones at glass houses.  Do I think Putin should be held accountable?  Absolutely. 

And so should the king of drone strikes Obama.  How many civilians died as a result of his orders?  How many wedding parties got hit over the border in Pakistan?  Illegal attacks on Pakistan per international law.  And Bush for something like 400K civilian deaths in Iraq.  Who by some wild stretch is now a hero of the left for denouncing Trump and all these killings are forgiven.  And those 10 civilians killed in Afghanistan in retaliation for the airport attack that Biden ordered and pronounced a success.  All innocent men, women, and childred.  Remind me who was held accountable for those civilian killings.  Just an honest mistake, right?  The bottom line is war sucks.

• Dislike 2

16 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Some of the posters here act like Russia is the first country to ever violate the ethics and moral standards of modern warfare.  While it sure looks like they're guilty of it they're not the first.  And people living in a country that initiates discretionary and optional warfare in multiple places around the world which results in a lot of death and suffering shouldn't be throwing stones at glass houses.  Do I think Putin should be held accountable?  Absolutely. 

And so should the king of drone strikes Obama.  How many civilians died as a result of his orders?  How many wedding parties got hit over the border in Pakistan?  Illegal attacks on Pakistan per international law.  And Bush for something like 400K civilian deaths in Iraq.  Who by some wild stretch is now a hero of the left for denouncing Trump and all these killings are forgiven.  And those 10 civilians killed in Afghanistan in retaliation for the airport attack that Biden ordered and pronounced a success.  All innocent men, women, and childred.  Remind me who was held accountable for those civilian killings.  Just an honest mistake, right?  The bottom line is war sucks.

As someone who has served in the US military as an officer and was involved in ROE, and very familiar with what and how the US conducts itself, I find any comparison with what the Russians have done in the Ukraine with how how the US military operates to be grossly ignorant and insulting.

Bad things happen in war. Intent and professionalism are important.

Barbarisms and murder cannot be tolerated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, sherpa said:

As someone who has served in the US military as an officer and was involved in ROE, and very familiar with what and how the US conducts itself, I find any comparison with what the Russians have done in the Ukraine with how how the US military operates to be grossly ignorant and insulting.

Bad things happen in war. Intent and professionalism are important.

Barbarisms and murder cannot be tolerated.

Whataboutism is a staple of Russian propaganda. Push come to shove, America has never shot 16,000 Polish POWs and dump their corpses in a forest, because they were engineers, doctors, lawyers and professors, and therefore a threat to revealed truths of Marxism-Leninism.

• Like (+1) 1

Putin appoints new commander for Ukraine 

Dvornikov, 60, was the first commander of Russia’s military operations in Syria, after Putin sent troops there in September 2015 to back the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. During Dvornikov’s command in Syria from September 2015 to June 2016, Russian aircraft backed the Assad regime and its allies as they laid siege to rebel-held eastern Aleppo, bombarding densely populated neighborhoods and causing major civilian casualties. The city fell to Syrian government forces in December 2016.  

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-04-10-22/h_df46238b7e9e7c7cb2b3beee04be45a1

This is the worse news for Ukraine , what his air power did to Aleppo was criminal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

What member of the Lincoln Project was charged with that crime and prosecuted  ?  link

All that guy does is accuse others of being pedos. Pretty old hat at this point - and you know what they say.

Sorry,

Quick interruption about Ukraine.

UKRAINE LEARNS THE ISRAEL LESSON:

Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelensky declared Tuesday that, when the war is finally over, Ukraine would emerge from the rubble a “big Israel.”

He meant that the war would never really be over, that Ukraine would be on a permanent war footing, just as the Jewish state is. He meant that it would view its neighbors the way Israel has long viewed its own: As enemies waiting to pounce. Most importantly, he meant that Ukraine would never again rely on anyone else for its security: not the West, not the international community, not the so-called liberal order. It would be, like Israel, a nation apart, answering to no one but its people, in control of its own destiny.

It said something heroic about Ukraine, which has gone from pleading with NATO to save it from imminent destruction to fighting—forcing—the Russians into peace talks in a matter of weeks.

It said something not so heroic about the West, which had failed to admit Ukraine to NATO and, more recently, to wean itself off Russian oil and gas.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/ukraine-learns-the-israel-lesson?r=12tad&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

Okay.

Done.

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/10/2022 at 7:29 AM, Westside said:

Do you still live with your mother or did you finally move out?

Years ago, your mom confided in me that she never liked you - like at all. Not even a little. Can you believe that crap? Did you sense it at the time? To be fair, she was pretty drunk and stoned that day, but nothing brings out the truth like a little weed and lot of sub-par absinthe. She used to beg me for that *****! I'm so blessed and grateful that she actually ended up buying me a nice condo with what I assume would have otherwise been part of your inheritance. Isn't that sweet? I think she was in love. All this to say now I don't actually have to live with my mom anymore. Thanks, your mom!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Years ago, your mom confided in me that she never liked you - like at all. Not even a little. Can you believe that crap? Did you sense it at the time? To be fair, she was pretty drunk and stoned that day, but nothing brings out the truth like a little weed and lot of sub-par absinthe. She used to beg me for that *****! I'm so blessed and grateful that she actually ended up buying me a nice condo with what I assume would have otherwise been part of your inheritance. Isn't that sweet? I think she was in love. All this to say now I don't actually have to live with my mom anymore. Thanks, your mom!

All I read was blah blah blah. Try harder next time.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1