Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Why so pissed, lol? Just asking. I forgot that was a Republican led war. So it’s all good 

Why do you habitually post nonsense like this?

You don't have the ability to irritate me. 

What you do is post views on things you have no knowledge of, and while babysitting my 11 month old granddaughter who has just learned to walk and requires constant supervision, I can do that and read your stuff with little effort.

Otherwise I wouldn't read it and wouldn't respond. 

• Like (+1) 1

By now it may be too late to send enough military equipment to Ukraine . Russia will become a real outcast for the West if they go further then the 2 provinces. The present NATO countries should be safe I would hope. Cyber warfare  could be a big problem .

China criticizes Western sanctions on Russia

China has criticized Western sanctions on Russia and said it will not follow suit, calling the measures "never a fundamental and effective way to solve problems” and saying it "always opposes any illegal unilateral sanctions."

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-23-22/index.html

Edited by ALF

9 hours ago, Precision said:

What could sleepy have done differently?  Maybe Biden could have said something like "We are evaluating our military options." or "No response is off the table." or "We plan on responding appropriately to the actions the Russians take." 

Instead, we get:

WASHINGTON, Dec 8 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden said on Wednesday putting American troops on the ground in Ukraine to deter a potential Russian invasion was "not on the table" and he hoped to announce a meeting with Russia and other NATO countries by Friday.

But we have some really scary sanctions coming, oh no!

What kind of fool shows their hand ahead of time?  He might as well have written Putin a letter telling him exactly what we will do every step of the way. 

If an idiot goes to a car dealer and says their willing to pay MSRP, they're going to get the car for......MSRP.  

What would I have done?  I would have moved 50K troops, an Armored Division and a couple of squadrons of F-35's and F-22's to southeast Poland for "exercises".  Then I would have told Putin "Whether you like it or don't like it, bear with it, my beauty".

Well, it’s interesting language. It’s public language. We don’t know what’s been said privately. . Speak softly and carry a big stick. There’s a joke video out there with Biden saying it about Obama, but he was being serious and I suspect he has told Putin about the big stick. We have drones. Very powerful ones. Those Russian tanks can be simply destroyed. That’s not boots on the ground. Ukraine is getting stronger everyday with all sorts of weapons flowing in, so the Abe Lincoln tactic of stalling helps Ukraine and hurts Russia. 

Im going to predict that if a Russian army starts a major invasion, it gets wiped out by Ukrainians on the ground and a multi-national drone response in the air. At least I hope. 

6 hours ago, sherpa said:

Why do you habitually post nonsense like this?

You don't have the ability to irritate me. 

What you do is post views on things you have no knowledge of, and while babysitting my 11 month old granddaughter who has just learned to walk and requires constant supervision, I can do that and read your stuff with little effort.

Otherwise I wouldn't read it and wouldn't respond. 

Oh, sorry 

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

What now?

We already know what Trump would do! He was President for FOUR YEARS..not fifteen minutes! We wouldn’t be in this situation. Almost forty pages now devoted to another Biden mess. 

Remember the only time ramped up for war? When his friends in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia were attacked by Iran. Now he’s wooing them for a golf tournament. 

I’m more worried about china than russia. That doesn’t mean I support russia I don’t trust them either.

With potato head joe in china’s back pocket, that worries me way more than russia possibly invading Ukrainian.

We’re already being invaded by china.

I say ***** them both.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Part of Putin’s calculation is that he has so many friends and admirers of his brutality here in US. Disgusting! 

So now its "America right or wrong".  That was a catchy slogan from the time of a past conflict.  But now the same people expressing contempt and horror over the "nationalist" MAGA based themes of the previous administration, accusing them of being xenophobic Nazi's and other things, are embracing the idea that everyone toe the line without question and blindly pledge their unwavering support for the administration while also admonishing anyone that has the audacity to criticize the bumbling Biden administration then accuse them of supporting the enemy?  Thar's quite a 180.         

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Obama must have put those ‘resources’ in the drawer right next to the PPE he left for Trump. No wonder the world couldn’t find them. 

You should go back and look at what Obama did in the last 2 weeks of his presidency.

Personally, I think Obama was soft on Russia. I view cyber warfare as an act of war, so I would’ve bombed them years ago.

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So now its "America right or wrong".  That was a catchy slogan from the time of a past conflict.  But now the same people expressing contempt and horror over the "nationalist" MAGA based themes of the previous administration, accusing them of being xenophobic Nazi's and other things, are embracing the idea that everyone toe the line without question and blindly pledge their unwavering support for the administration while also admonishing anyone that has the audacity to criticize the bumbling Biden administration then accuse them of supporting the enemy?  Thar's quite a 180.         

You don't think Putin is happy he has friends here trying to limit our response to his aggression? 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I was asking you about Putin 

Tibs…has ANYONE on here said anything positive about Putin? Those of us who don’t want to get embroiled in an Eastern European war aren’t fans of Vladimir. We just don’t want to go to war in the Ukraine. You seriously don’t get that? Seriously?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I was asking you about Putin 

So nobody should be criticizing the administration?  Because you equate that criticism to support of Putin?  That thinking is the missing grey area I was pointing out.  Because I can be both critical of Biden and critical of Putin at the same time.  Its not a binary choice.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Tibs…has ANYONE on here said anything positive about Putin? Those of us who don’t want to get embroiled in an Eastern European war aren’t fans of Vladimir. We just don’t want to go to war in the Ukraine. You seriously don’t get that? Seriously?

Not wanting to help Ukraine helps Putin, right? 

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So nobody should be criticizing the administration?  Because you equate that criticism to support of Putin?  That thinking is the missing grey area I was pointing out.  Because I can be both critical of Biden and critical of Putin at the same time.  Its not a binary choice.

How bad is Putin, in your opinion? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not wanting to help Ukraine helps Putin, right? 

Ugh….those opposed to the war you’re apparently dying to see play out have suggested a number if things that would’ve ‘hurt’ Putin. But since the current administration has done none of those things, now you want to send Americans to die? That’s your point? Again, really? Really? 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ugh….those opposed to the war you’re apparently dying to see play out have suggested a number if things that would’ve ‘hurt’ Putin. But since the current administration has done none of those things, now you want to send Americans to die? That’s your point? Again, really? Really? 

You want us to stay completely out of the conflict, correct? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

You want us to stay completely out of the conflict, correct? 

Actually, no. I want the Biden Administration to get to work! For starters, if they’re really serious, you definitely do NOT send Kamala over there to do whatever she thought she was doing. Wake up! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1