IF the Bills OL and DL fails vs. the Pats- where do we go from here?

RunJoshRun

Note: This isnt a doom and gloom post.

Let's say though, that the Bills lose because of the lines. 

My first questions is, and this messages board's favorite topic, weather.

Did the weather effect each team's ability to throw the football?

YES= Then Im not going to panic. It stinks the lines arent able to handle bad weather, hopefully they still make playoffs and dont have to be in bad weather when they play.

Otherwise, hopefully they still can make playoffs and get the right match ups.

I guess what Im trying to say is, I don't how much more then what they can do THIS season.

Other then

-Play calling will be huge.

-Hopefully a healthy top 5 OL lineup

-Luck/Weather/Key injuries to other team/upsets/weird bounces

I think the key is next off season is just to make the OL as good as possible. I don't feel like checking who will be FAs next year, etc, but bring back all of the key players as much as possible, and make the line better. 

Go all out on the OL, even if the defense takes a step back,with a DOMINATE in run & pass blocking OL, honestly, who would be able to stop the Bills offense?

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

I want to beat New England so badly Monday night.  My fear is that we get out-muscled on both sides of the line of scrimmage leading to a loss. Both groups haven't dominated this year.

With that in mind - - what can we do now?

GO BILLS!

Better question.........If the Bills win Monday night will you stop rooting "not to lose"?

Last season a wildcard team that was blown out twice by the team that won it's division won 3 playoff games on the road to reach the SB..........and then won it against the team that entered the playoffs as the heavy favorite to win it.    Nothing was decided in January last year,   let alone December.

It's one game.  

If the Bills win then the Patriots need help from other teams to catch the Bills because of the current divisional tie-breaker advantage.   If the Pats win.......the Bills still control their own destiny in the division.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

19 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Can we wait for the game to be played first?

Sir .. that is not how it is done at 2BD. Here we count our loses and lay blame for the poor play before the game is held. This ensures we are not distracted by silly things like actual game outcomes. You are a veteran .. you should know this 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

I want to beat New England so badly Monday night.  My fear is that we get out-muscled on both sides of the line of scrimmage leading to a loss. Both groups haven't dominated this year.

With that in mind - - what can we do now?

GO BILLS!

I'm more concerned about our cornerbacks with White out. Our defense has been really good most games this season, I'm not very worried overall.  The Oline needs to contain Judon and that will be difficult. We will have our top 5 offensive linemen playing Monday, that's pretty significant. We need to be able to run and this line combo is the best one we have for that.

5 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

If it happens, there isn’t much we can do until next year. It’s past the trade deadline and there’s not any available free agents that are better than our guys. We will invest heavily in both lies in free agency and the draft next year I believe. 

No matter how well they play Monday, we will invest draft and FA capital this coming off season.

• Agree 1

fatalistic attitude....CHECK

reasons for such negative attitude in view of our teams ascent FINALLY on MONDAY NIGHT at Home  and u worry theyre gonna get their butts kicked?

PLEASE Man. why even put that energy into the world  I think its not only premature but weak sorry. For a change the fanbase is at minimum hopeful for playoffs getting their butts kicked isnt appetizing or likely either IMO but we'll see.

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Dude, you’re not a Bills fan.  The flurry of the threads and everything is oh god the sky is falling is obvious.  I have no problem with a balanced conversation, but you’re opinions are nothing but insighting fear and doubt.

Write what you want bud, but I’m out on the Run Josh Run threads.  You guys want to be gullible, have at it.

BTW, RJR, I hope I’m wrong and you’re just concerned.  What this smells to me is Jets 2020 all over again.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to IF the Bills OL and DL fails vs. the Pats- where do we go from here?