Excluding JA, predict which player will have the biggest impact - Patriots at Bills

BillsFan619

Tremaine Edmunds

Ability to diagnose and fill run lanes, and not make every tackle 7-10 yards downfield

Ability to diagnose and fill the short passing lanes in the middle, as we know Mac Jones will want to hit Meyers and the TE's in those areas

Ability to diagnose all of the misdirection and screen plays, since we can anticipate McDaniels using our aggressive downfield rushes from DE's against us

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Taron Johnson.

He's gonna have to step up a bit and show why the Bills dropped big money for a nickel CB on him. He should match up well against and Pats WR. May see him on Hunter Henry/Jonnu Smith a bit too. 

In addition would think the Bills will use him at least 2-3 times as a blitzer. Would love to see him make a big play or 3 this week. He seems, at least to me, to usually play really big in big matchups. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Tremaine Edmunds

Ability to diagnose and fill run lanes, and not make every tackle 7-10 yards downfield

Ability to diagnose and fill the short passing lanes in the middle, as we know Mac Jones will want to hit Meyers and the TE's in those areas

Ability to diagnose all of the misdirection and screen plays, since we can anticipate McDaniels using our aggressive downfield rushes from DE's against us

I have always been, through the TBD debate, an Edmunds supporter. With the way the year has gone, we are in a bit of a jam. While not insurmountable, the Bills have serious work to do over the final weeks. Defensively, especially after losing White, I think Edmunds is the guy who can, and will, lead us to dominance.

I like the Dane Jackson pick.  I expect a lot of run, and from what I've seen, he is unusually good at identifying a running play early and closing on the runner - which we'll need a few times I'm sure (you never want to see a CB tackling a RB, but he can really limit damage when the backs break free from the 1st line).

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Tremaine Edmunds

Boy I hope you are correct BUT in a past  few games, Belichek/Josh McDaniels has been able to key on and isolate Tremaine, largely give him looks where he hits the wrong hole wrong direction.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Boy I hope you are correct BUT in a past  few games, Belichek/Josh McDaniels has been able to key on and isolate Tremaine, largely give him looks where he hits the wrong hole wrong direction.

It will be fun to watch. Normally, I watch the Bills play while sipping a glass of bourbon for enjoyment. Monday night, I will be sipping it (or two) medicinally, to prevent a heart attack.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Dion Dawkins.  

I have faith in Morse-Williams-Brown, but our Franchise LT needs to start playing like a Franchise LT and keep Judon off Josh.  

Wind, sun, snow, rain, whatever.. I have faith McDermott’s Defense - with extra time to prepare - won’t pull another Colts/Titans.  They typically figure things out as we get further into the year and have had a crap game or two.  

This Offense needs to get going, and it starts with the OL.  Potentially healthy for the first time in a while, Dawkins needs to man up.  

MATTHEW JUDON

I have a strong feeling on this one.

Dude is going to have a monster game.

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Taron Johnson.

He's gonna have to step up a bit and show why the Bills dropped big money for a nickel CB on him. He should match up well against and Pats WR. May see him on Hunter Henry/Jonnu Smith a bit too. 

In addition would think the Bills will use him at least 2-3 times as a blitzer. Would love to see him make a big play or 3 this week. He seems, at least to me, to usually play really big in big matchups. 

I would suggest Taron won't have to have a big game, b/c the Patriots won't want to pick on him; he's one of the better guys still out there and so I think the Patriots will avoid him and pick on the weaker sheep in the flock.

A guy like Levi Wallace is going to have to step it up; he's the one they're going to abuse.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Matt Haack. 

This guy has had one punt blocked and like five near blocks. If he kicks well and avoids errors, we will be fine. If he makes colossal mistakes, we probably lose. This game is going to come down to things like ST play. 

Very good thoughts, Miyagi.

BB can really exploit ST weaknesses. They make big plays on ST. We’ve lost games (or helped contribute to the loss) because of our ST.

So, Haack is really going to have to be on his game. I really like your thought process here.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.