Defensive turnovers/endzone celebrations

I'm Spartacus

I know it's been discussed, and mods delete if you see fit. These defensive interceptions and fumble recoveries with endzone celebrations are getting out of hand! C'mon man...enough already. To me it's the same as delay of game, taunting or unsportsmanlike conduct. Too much look at me stuff. What do ya'll think?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

I know it's been discussed, and mods delete if you see fit. These defensive interceptions and fumble recoveries with endzone celebrations are getting out of hand! C'mon man...enough already. To me it's the same as delay of game, taunting or unsportsmanlike conduct. Too much look at me stuff. What do ya'll think?

I agree.  You can’t look at your opponent after tackling him, but 10-15 guys can run all the way to the opposite end zone after a turnover. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

13 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Shame on them for wanting to celebrate a huge play! Lordy, if it bothers you that much, just change the channel.

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 3

47 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Not sure my age (64) has anything to do with the topic but I'm sick of seeing this crap. Remember when Thurman would score and just hand the ref the ball? Act like you've been there before.

Perhaps that's why Thurman never hoisted a Lombardi Trophy.

Let them have fun on the field instead of having too much fun off the field.  It's a game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Not sure my age (64) has anything to do with the topic but I'm sick of seeing this crap. Remember when Thurman would score and just hand the ref the ball? Act like you've been there before.

Emotion has no place in football.  It used to be a man's game! Now its spirit week at cheerleading camp.  

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Get off my lawn 

5 hours ago, motorj said:

It's kinda annoying at this point, the celebrations look all the same to me. "Hey lets all run to the endzone and pose for the camera"

Blame whoever put the camera there for that specific purpose. 

I agree.. because it's usually not spontaneous anymore or even emotional really. It's almost mandatory when there's an interception now, to start jogging toward the end zone looking around like, "okay... Are my boys with me? Huh? Huh? We doin this end zone thing? Okay! Yeah, we're doin it, yeah, let's go!"

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Time and a place for everything. 

If a guy makes a game winning/sealing INT...sure. Run all over. Line up and do all the dances from Cats. Who cares...ya earned it.

I've also seen this happens multiple times when a team is down 20 with 8 minutes left. As a fan just makes me think "Wow, sure have a lot of energy left after getting your butt handed to ya." This isn't anything new though. Mark Gastineau made a career of celebrating meaningless sacks with his team down big.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.