What the actual ***** Fox/NFL network?!

Virgil

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jacksonville did not "send the house".   That's not how they beat us.  Allen killed teams who "sent the house" last season.  He's been blitzed far more selectively this season, for that reason.  Urban Meyer sketched out on a cocktail napkin (as someone here said) before the game how to beat us and that's what they did.

The Colts aren't allowing that they're "mediocre".    They've won 6 of their last 9 games, two losses came in OT and the third was to the Bucs, by 1 score.

They have a good coach who had a chip on his shoulder about being beat in the playoffs last season, and who has his team fired up for a push.

They have the top rushing attack in the league in y/a (3 or 4 in yards).  They're 4rd overall on PPG. 

They are "in the hunt" with the same number of wins and one less loss as the last WC team, and it's not out of the question they could take the division with Henry out.

This is far from one of the biggest games in Bills history, although it is a critical game for this season.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is a good forum to learn something about football other than "bringing the house" "beat the blitz" cliches

So if Urban Meyer can beat us with a plan on a cocktail napkin what the hell does Belichick have planned for us? If Josh is truly becoming an elite QB, we win this game. 

I think this game is much bigger than just the season. We have a coach and QB both signed long-term on a team that is suppose to compete for the super bowl. If we lose to the patriots at home and miss the playoffs, there should be major questions moving forward.

Also, Indy lost to TN twice, division is going to be a stretch for them to win the South.

Whatever cliches you find appropriate, if you send pressure and cut off escape routes, Josh still struggles with quick decisions

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe it was one of those “one of these things are not like the other” games for little kids 

Who is the QB with the better record in the other 3 games? 

• Disagree 1

Patriots are the hot team right now. They won 7 in a row and Mac Jones is the current rookie QB media darling.

The Bills have fallen off a bit recently after the Jacksonville loss and colts ass whooping. 

Personally, I prefer when the Bills are being overlooked. I think this team performs at it’s best when they’re playing with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, balln said:

its all about tv markets and ratings. mac has bama / sec and boston/NE

buffalo 2nd smallest market in NFL and wyoming dont really matter to networks

doesnt bother me anymore

the market size is nonsense.  If this was the Packers they would show Rodgers.  We have a huge fanbase outside Buffalo.  I think most of the people on this board live outside Buffalo.   

not showing Allen is nonsense.  If we can, we should run up the score on the Pats.  

Bills fans just need to get used to and deal with the fact that we are not and never have been media darlings.  We had a brief respite last year and the beginning of this year, but frankly most of the praise, like most of the criticism now, was shallow and misguided.  Now that there have been a couple of bumps in the road, the media have dived off the bandwagon and moved on to more compelling story lines (ie appeal to more people). It was this way in the 90s as well.  

Just like the the bandwagon fans who have leaped off in mass, they will be back when results force them to be.  

• Agree 1

The NFL media desperately wants NE to be relevant again.  It's what they've gotten used to over the last 20 years.  The Pats are hot and their rookie QB is exceeding expectations.  Just listen to a random 30 minutes on Sirius NFL channel to hear the Patriot love. Only the Cowboys match it.

And lets face it there is a growing belief that the greatest sports ***** of all time is now within reach:  A Tom Brady led Tampa Bay taking on Bill Belchick and the NE Patriots.  These people would sell their first born to see that happen. 

So it's on the Bills to derail the hype train.

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Patriots are the hot team right now. They won 7 in a row and Mac Jones is the current rookie QB media darling.

The Bills have fallen off a bit recently after the Jacksonville loss and colts ass whooping. 

Personally, I prefer when the Bills are being overlooked. I think this team performs at it’s best when they’re playing with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.

When the Bills used to be overlooked, it was because we weren’t good. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I just went to YouTube for Chris Simms and Mike Florio’s preview of the Pats at Bills game

Geeze Wheeze I learned that we might as well not show up.  We can’t run the ball, we’re too one dimensional on Offense.  We get all worried when we have to stop the run and then we can’t stop the pass and Mac Jones is going to carve us up.

Guess that’s the ballgame then.  But Simms - we’re watching you - you don’t get to come back and be all over Josh after we win.

Breathe, Virgil.   It’ll be OK.  As far as being dissed by FOX or GMFB or Simms or anyone else -  Buffalo -vs- Everybody 

I Like It Like That

You could have just stayed here and heard the same thing!

Like another poster said, I saw that graphic last night and didn't think twice about it.  I didn't give it more thought until I saw it mentioned in this thread today.  As a fan, it doesn't bother me at all.  Whether FOX loves the Pats, hates the Bills, put up only QBs of 1st place teams, etc., I don't really care.  If this provides motivation for the Bills and they play with more intensity because of it, then I think it's a good thing.  I despise the Patriots and don't care for Mac Jones, but I can't deny that they are playing well now and have worked themselves into first place in the division.  It's up to the Bills to step up and take care of business on Monday night.  They have the talent, the home crowd, the return of a number of key players, and they know the importance of the game.  They also, in the McD-Allen era, have tended to play very well in nationally televised games, including one just last week in New Orleans.  So I expect the Bills to get it done.

Edited by msw2112

12 hours ago, Virgil said:

During the Thursday night game, they showed a graphic of upcoming big games for the rest of the week.  

They showed 4 games side by side with their comic book drawing players above each matchup. Each matchup showed a pic of their “star” player of the matchup. 

does this mean there will be a surprise Prediction in the predict the score thread??

13 hours ago, sullim4 said:

FOX doesn't give a rat's behind about the AFC.

They see "Patriots***" and automatically assume that's the team that will win.  They would have put Newton up in that graphic last year.

It's funny, but in the old SB days with Kelly, Thomas, and Bruce, etc., Bills games were on NBC.  NFC games were on CBS.  And then you had MNF on ABC.  That's all there was.

The big CBS crew was Pat Summerall and John Madden.  They were regarded as the best, No. 1 crew in the business at that time.

They would almost NEVER give any sort of credit to the Bills or the AFC at large; they televised NFC games and their world view was limited to NFC teams and players.

It used to drive me (and my late father) nuts.

There truly was a real bias there; and I know what you mean about FOX now; same thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.