What the actual ***** Fox/NFL network?!

Virgil

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I just went to YouTube for Chris Simms and Mike Florio’s preview of the Pats at Bills game

Geeze Wheeze I learned that we might as well not show up.  We can’t run the ball, we’re too one dimensional on Offense.  We get all worried when we have to stop the run and then we can’t stop the pass and Mac Jones is going to carve us up.

Guess that’s the ballgame then.  But Simms - we’re watching you - you don’t get to come back and be all over Josh after we win.

Breathe, Virgil.   It’ll be OK.  As far as being dissed by FOX or GMFB or Simms or anyone else -  Buffalo -vs- Everybody 

I Like It Like That

Wow, was that bad huh?  Usually Sims is a big Josh backer, but he was also the main guy I remember before the draft touting how NFL ready jones was based on Sims  friendship with the 49 ers head coach. Have to admit , this game seems like one of those where Mcd might be out-coached, as I am thinking nothing gets him out of the 4-2-5 , and we might get handled along our lines.   Plus if the weather really is going to be extremely gusty,  add that Pats d line rushing, and Josh being a little erratic with his decisions this year, and if we would abandon the run, it really could be a heart breaking game for us. 

I hope if it’s really that gusty , we realize Jones should have big issues as well and we should focus on run blitzing and covering those tight ends.  Just hope we see some creative Coaching from our guys and don’t suffer a third home loss this season.   Thx for the review tho so now will definitely skip the sims / florio preview. Based on all the national press , it wouldn’t surprise me if their take is echoed by most outside of Buffalo.  Can’t argue about some things tho ,like it would be amazing to actually see us stop a running team and it sure would be nice to see our offense look good against a very good D!  Sure would make for a great Monday night to win that game!  😊

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I sure hope the Bills are taking note of all this. The more ammo they come into this game with, the better.

McDermott is usually pretty good against rookie QB's. The defense will be prepared.

You would think that at least 1 Bills player watched the game and saw this.  If any Bills player saw this you best believe its going straight to the locker room and right to Josh Allen.  For better,or worse.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Can't stop the pass?  By far the best pass defense in the NFL.  1st in total yards; 1st in yards/game; 1st in yards/attempt; 1st in completion % against; 2nd in INTs.  

Yeah, Chris and Mike ... Bills pass defense really sucks.  

There’s some rational basis to Chris Simm’s point.  The Bills are able to shut down a superb run game by focusing on it, as they did to the Ravens in the playoffs last year.   But when a team like the Titans or the Colts has a superb strong physical run game, AND an accurate quick passing game supported by play action, the Bills defense can be “had”, as they were against the Titans and the Colts this season.  They somewhat sell out to stop the run, to the detriment of the pass defense.

The question is whether the Patriots run game is really on the same level as Henry with the Titans or Jonathan Taylor with the Colts?  They have a good run game - but they’re further down the NFL in ypg and ypa.  So I don’t think the Bills have to sacrifice their pass D as much to stop them.  And I could be wrong, but I think both Tannehill and Wentz have more escapability and ability to gain yards with their feet at need than Mac Jones does.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

During the Thursday night game, they showed a graphic of upcoming big games for the rest of the week.  

They showed 4 games side by side with their comic book drawing players above each matchup. Each matchup showed a pic of their “star” player of the matchup. 

They had the Ravens game (vs Pittsburg) with Lamar, The Chiefs (vs the Broncos) with Mahomes, and the Cardinals (vs the Bears) with Murray. 

For the Bills vs Pats game, they had Mac ***** Jones.  Are you kidding me?  That fat piece of ***** rookie is considered the star quarterback of that game?  

Okay, now I’m pissed. I hope Allen destroys them and does other things I can’t talk about because I will get banned.  I knew the media was on the Pats junk, but that’s just ridiculous. 

I agree. Mac Jones really is a fat piece of ****

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Can't stop the pass?  By far the best pass defense in the NFL.  1st in total yards; 1st in yards/game; 1st in yards/attempt; 1st in completion % against; 2nd in INTs.  

Yeah, Chris and Mike ... Bills pass defense really sucks.  

Thats with Tre White in the lineup.

Just playing devil's advocate.

A few thoughts about this post in no particular order.

1. Many fans, not only Bills fans will be triggered by all the attention the media is pouring on Mac Jones and the Patriots.

2. Outside of maybe the KC game the Bills have yet to put together a solid offensive performance against a quality opponent. It's time for Josh to shine under the bright lights of Primetime TV.

3. The Bills have not yet been accepted by many as a perennial powerhouse and is viewed as such by the media and other fan bases. Many have jumped off the wagon a little early.  No need to be offended.

4. Oh Lord, why has thou forsaken my favorite of all sports teams. Please forgive my hateful thoughts for PFT and that 2 faced Chris Simms.

5. Think of all the joy that will flow over this message board when the Bills show the football world what paper champions the Patriots are. It will be beyond euphoric if Buffalo wins by 14 or more.

6. Take comfort in knowing no rookie QB has ever won a Super Bowl, and it won't happen this year either. 

7. Relevance in the NFL is fleeting so let them enjoy a little sunshine before the narrative becomes, "we'll be better next year".

Deep breaths Virgil 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

A few thoughts about this post in no particular order.

1. Many fans, not only Bills fans will be triggered by all the attention the media is pouring on Mac Jones and the Patriots.

2. Outside of maybe the KC game the Bills have yet to put together a solid offensive performance against a quality opponent. It's time for Josh to shine under the bright lights of Primetime TV.

3. The Bills have not yet been accepted by many as a perennial powerhouse and is viewed as such by the media and other fan bases. Many have jumped off the wagon a little early.  No need to be offended.

4. Oh Lord, why has thou forsaken my favorite of all sports teams. Please forgive my hateful thoughts for PFT and that 2 faced Chris Simms.

5. Think of all the joy that will flow over this message board when the Bills show the football world what paper champions the Patriots are. It will be beyond euphoric if Buffalo wins by 14 or more.

6. Take comfort in knowing no rookie QB has ever won a Super Bowl, and it won't happen this year either. 

7. Relevance in the NFL is fleeting so let them enjoy a little sunshine before the narrative becomes, "we'll be better next year".

Deep breaths Virgil 👍

Well said. .... GO BILLS! .... Oh the joy we will feel when we make Mac Jones look like a rookie QB on national television.

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

During the Thursday night game, they showed a graphic of upcoming big games for the rest of the week.  

They showed 4 games side by side with their comic book drawing players above each matchup. Each matchup showed a pic of their “star” player of the matchup. 

They had the Ravens game (vs Pittsburg) with Lamar, The Chiefs (vs the Broncos) with Mahomes, and the Cardinals (vs the Bears) with Murray. 

For the Bills vs Pats game, they had Mac ***** Jones.  Are you kidding me?  That fat piece of ***** rookie is considered the star quarterback of that game?  

Okay, now I’m pissed. I hope Allen destroys them and does other things I can’t talk about because I will get banned.  I knew the media was on the Pats junk, but that’s just ridiculous. 

There's enough serious crap going on in the world, and in my life, for me to worry about.

I really hope the Bills win.  I don't care what cartoon graphics Fox uses.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Have to admit…freakin marketing!!
Josh isn’t JA17, Superman, Amish Rifle. 

need to get #17 BUF some marketing:

“17 huge melons, nuts are harder”

Whatcha got?!

I hope he never has huge melons ;) 

If he wants to be Bruce Jenner after he retires thats on him ;) 

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I have a bad feeling this will be Mac Jones’ coming out game. National TV against a highly ranked defense, win and the Pats reclaim the division and Bills are back being the Bills. ***** me

Or the Bills come out and take it to them and win the game. Josh Allen continues to show that he is one of the best QB's in the game. The Pats are good but their 6 game winning streak came mostly against teams who suck or good teams that were missing many good players like the Browns and Titans. Give the Pats credit they have played well but they are not the unbeatable force the media is making them out to be. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.