Oh God, please no......SNF

Bubba Gump

I actually enjoy watching the game with the TV sound off and playing music. Weird, huh? But I've watched football for 30+ years and I don't need the announcers, especially Collinsworth, telling me stuff I already know. Can't stand listening to that turd.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I especially like the side of nepotism that comes with Colinsworth. Always great to see his son Jac on the pre-game before daddy takes over the commentary. Just nice that he can add that on top of his absolutely horrendous homerism. 

I'm sure some network is trying to work on a future Cris and Jac, father and son broadcast team. Could you imagine listen to those two for a whole game? Their voices alone would drive me insane.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Estro said:

I'm not a huge fan of his as an announcer. He's always got that half baked, giggly demeanor, and never really says anything that's the least bit interesting or outside the box. 

Aikman and Buck are awful

The MNF crew are unlistenable

It's kinda crazy how many bad announcers make obscene dough.  I feel like most are totally replaceable.  

I can't stand Collinsworth.  He is a big cheerleader and nothing more.  He thinks every player is amazing.  I was in pain listening to him and Tirico fawn over Lamar Jackson despite the fact that he threw 4 int's last week.  Just terrible.  I like the Sunday afternoon announcers the best.  They just talk about the teams, the actual game and what is going on.  And they usually can be critical when needed.  Not sure why Collinsworth is so well liked at NBC.  I guess because he never has anything controversial or critical to say about anything related to football.  He is exactly what Goodell and his snow flake honchos want. 

I would much rather listen to analysts like Charles Davis, Trent Green, Rich Gannon, and even Jay Feely.  And of course Daryl Moose Johnston on Fox.  He will give some ***** when its needed.  Go Moose!!

As for Aikman and Buck, I like Troy.  I think he is solid and funny.  Just a middle aged ex jock who is cool.    Buck sounds the same whether he is calling baseball or football.  Talking w Aikman or John Smoltz.  TD or stike 3.  I tolerate him.  He looks like the kid in school who knew all the stats but was never good enuf to play.

And as for the MNF crew.  They are awful.  Steve Levy needs to go call Islander games.  He looks like a sausage wrapped up in his blazers.  Lighten up and unbottom the dam things. 

Give me Gus Johnson every weekend, and I am in heaven.   You all want an exciting call.  Go find the clip of him calling the interception in the Oklahoma-Nebraska game this year.  He lost his mind.  It was a riot.  And who else can do commercials for Sushi Wraps in a vending machine and it actually seems legit?!  Go Gus.  Hopefully he calls the Michigan-Iowa Big Ten championship game Sat nite.  He just makes every game seem so important in a legitimate way.  Love the guy!!

• Disagree 1

38 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

And as for the MNF crew.  They are awful.  Steve Levy needs to go call Islander games.  He looks like a sausage wrapped up in his blazers.  Lighten up and unbottom the dam things.

Hahaha! Good call. I don't mind Levy, but I always associated him with hockey and not football.

I absolutely cannot stand Collinsworth. He has an admitted anti-Bills bias, he pushes PFF on everyone, and he rides the jock of every single player on the field every play. He's actually decent at analyzing plays but I just don't care.

Somewhere in a better timeline Tirico and Romo are a broadcasting team together and I'm happy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I can't stand Collinsworth.  He is a big cheerleader and nothing more.  He thinks every player is amazing.  I was in pain listening to him and Tirico fawn over Lamar Jackson despite the fact that he threw 4 int's last week.  Just terrible.  I like the Sunday afternoon announcers the best.  They just talk about the teams, the actual game and what is going on.  And they usually can be critical when needed.  Not sure why Collinsworth is so well liked at NBC.  I guess because he never has anything controversial or critical to say about anything related to football.  He is exactly what Goodell and his snow flake honchos want. 

I would much rather listen to analysts like Charles Davis, Trent Green, Rich Gannon, and even Jay Feely.  And of course Daryl Moose Johnston on Fox.  He will give some ***** when its needed.  Go Moose!!

As for Aikman and Buck, I like Troy.  I think he is solid and funny.  Just a middle aged ex jock who is cool.    Buck sounds the same whether he is calling baseball or football.  Talking w Aikman or John Smoltz.  TD or stike 3.  I tolerate him.  He looks like the kid in school who knew all the stats but was never good enuf to play.

Give me Gus Johnson every weekend, and I am in heaven.   You all want an exciting call.  Go find the clip of him calling the interception in the Oklahoma-Nebraska game this year.  He lost his mind.  It was a riot.  And who else can do commercials for Sushi Wraps in a vending machine and it actually seems legit?!  Go Gus.  Hopefully he calls the Michigan-Iowa Big Ten championship game Sat nite.  He just makes every game seem so important in a legitimate way.  Love the guy!!

Troy Aikmen is HORRIBLE.  And I can't stand Joe Buck doing ANYTHING.  

Aikmen never says anything of interest, ever, and loves to spout out traditional, wrong, fictional, "football-isms."

Buck puts me to sleep; I can't stand his style.

And they are the No. 1 team on that network!

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Aikmen never says anything of interest, ever, and loves to spout out traditional, wrong, fictional, "football-isms."

The one thing I have noticed this year of Aikman and Buck that have won me over is their criticism of the officials. They are not afraid to call out terrible calls and make jokes at the officials expense because of it.  

22 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Must be a tough job, I can recall only liking Romo.... Simms..... I dunno... they fade away....

I just know I didn't like most.

Howard Cosell doing MNF half-time highlights.  Chris Berman And Tom Jackson.....

Is that it?

Not "it". But you did list the best. CN and TJ did a great duo for reviewing all the games

You guys care way too much about what they say.  He’s not the best, but I remember how much my dad hated Dierdorf back in the day.

I’ll admit it does seem like he has an anti bills sentiment.  My answer to that is great, let’s keep beating the crap out of teams to make him eat his words.

my answer to the pats game is crush them, and everyone who was the pats are the greatest can look stupid.  My coaches always taught me to demolish you’re opponent (never take the foot off the throat) and no one will argue who is better.  That’s why I don’t care if we lose 40+ to 15 to the Colts as we deserved to lose.  We weren’t ready, we weren’t prepared, and we deserved everything we received.  Now destroy the Pats and shut up the morons on ESPN.  OH YEAH, THEN BEAT THE Bucs and everyone will shut up.

not crying about announcers or refs.  Just destroy you’re opponent.  Be better, fight harder, finish every damn play and we win.  That’s something for me to be proud of and I’m holding to the Bills 9-4 in two weeks.  Oh yeah I live in Tampa and they are my second team, but the operant word is SECOND.

20 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I like Collinsworth.  He is second best to Romo.  I'm not even sure why this board doesn't like him.  He talks about the city and the fans with great reverence.  He is a good analyst.  I think why fans don't like him is that he doesn't prop up bad teams with BS.  He praises the winners and the good teams more than the losers.  When the Bills were losers there wasn't much good to say about the team.  Now that they win he comments on their good play just as much s anyone.  He also does a good job calling out the OL and DL play.  

Buck is terrible calling NFL.  I think he is excellent at baseball.  Aikman is hit and miss.  He makes some good points and then there are times he can't even form a sentence.  Very painful to listen to the two of them.  They are the worst of the network lead teams.  

Al Michaels is a bit full of himself at times.  But he has the track record to back it up.  He gets a bit verbose at times but it's tolerable.

I don't like him mostly for the loving underage girls part and being very public about it. That's just me though, maybe I'm crazy. Also he does stick to one agenda and no matter what happens in the game he will not stray from it.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Joe is definitely better-suited to baseball, IMO

On 12/2/2021 at 6:04 PM, SMAKCruiser said:

Tiki Barber, Charles Davis, Jay Feely, Troy Aikman, Aqib Talib, Mark Sanchez.  

If I was captured by the Chinese and they wanted to extract information from me, I think listening to Collinsworth for an extended period might do the trick.  Even if what he said was entertaining (it’s not) his whiny nasally voice is worse that a cat scratching a chalkboard.  

On 12/2/2021 at 7:47 PM, SMAKCruiser said:

I actually do not mind him.  There are worse color guys around...

I was with you a few years ago but he's gotten exponentially worse.  He's gone from decent after the play color commentator to a nauseating fawner of his favorite quarterback of the week.  Hey Chris.  If (insert quarterback here) has a horrible game maybe don't continue to praise him all night.

On 12/2/2021 at 7:19 PM, Coach Tuesday said:

We’re spoiled.  Folks don’t remember the days of McGuire and Theismann?

Loved McGuire

On 12/2/2021 at 8:10 PM, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I think Buck is a quality broadcaster but Aikman is the pits.

Weird, I feel exactly the opposite.

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh and if people want the absolute worst.... James Lofton. Man he is horrible. I know he was a Bills player and so a lot of you older fans might have a sense of nostalgia about him but he is just bad at his job. 

I don't like or dislike him...like most of them. he is just kind of there.

On 12/2/2021 at 5:00 PM, billybrew1 said:

Must be a tough job, I can recall only liking Romo.... Simms..... I dunno... they fade away....

I just know I didn't like most.

Howard Cosell doing MNF half-time highlights.  Chris Berman And Tom Jackson.....

Is that it?

I always looked forward to Cosell doing the highlights.  His delivery was poetic.

”Oakland Alameda County stadium. The Raiders.  The Chargers.  The Irreverent One, Kenny Stabler…”

I like Collinsworth.  He says some stuff that really irritates me, but he sees the field really well and is good at pointing out the little things that some player did to make a play work.   Simms did that really well, Aikman's pretty good, and Romo can only do it on certain passing plays.  For a non-QB, Collinsworth is good at it. 

The news I like is that Michaels will be leaving.  Michaels has mailed it in for years.   All he seems to be interested in is reciting stats and slipping in comments about how the score looks compared to the spread.   Tirico is much better at actually calling the game.   

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.