Oh God, please no......SNF

Bubba Gump

12 minutes ago, Estro said:

I'm not a huge fan of his as an announcer. He's always got that half baked, giggly demeanor, and never really says anything that's the least bit interesting or outside the box. 

Aikman and Buck are awful

The MNF crew are unlistenable

It's kinda crazy how many bad announcers make obscene dough.  I feel like most are totally replaceable.  

I think Buck is a quality broadcaster but Aikman is the pits.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, SMAKCruiser said:

I actually do not mind him.  There are worse color guys around...

There are not. He is the worst I have ever heard. I would rather listen to anyone else, or even nobody.

• Agree 3

I like Collinsworth.  He is second best to Romo.  I'm not even sure why this board doesn't like him.  He talks about the city and the fans with great reverence.  He is a good analyst.  I think why fans don't like him is that he doesn't prop up bad teams with BS.  He praises the winners and the good teams more than the losers.  When the Bills were losers there wasn't much good to say about the team.  Now that they win he comments on their good play just as much s anyone.  He also does a good job calling out the OL and DL play.  

2 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I think Buck is a quality broadcaster but Aikman is the pits.

Buck is terrible calling NFL.  I think he is excellent at baseball.  Aikman is hit and miss.  He makes some good points and then there are times he can't even form a sentence.  Very painful to listen to the two of them.  They are the worst of the network lead teams.  

Al Michaels is a bit full of himself at times.  But he has the track record to back it up.  He gets a bit verbose at times but it's tolerable.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If only TVs had volume buttons.....

But for those who still want to hear the sounds of the game / crowd?

The ESPN app had a feed of Wimbledon matches several years ago where there were no commentators. Just the little score ticker and relevant graphics that came up. It was wonderful not having someone all up in your ear and trying to control your thoughts. It was like you were just another spectator at a match and just watch it in peace.

Would that they could enable that for sports broadcasts. The Next-Gen-TV / ATSC 3.0 for over the air broadcasting has a number of features including for audio. Wonder if that could be an option. 

58 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I like Collinsworth.  He is second best to Romo.  I'm not even sure why this board doesn't like him.  He talks about the city and the fans with great reverence.  He is a good analyst.  I think why fans don't like him is that he doesn't prop up bad teams with BS.  He praises the winners and the good teams more than the losers.  When the Bills were losers there wasn't much good to say about the team.  Now that they win he comments on their good play just as much s anyone.  He also does a good job calling out the OL and DL play.  

My dislike of him has nothing to do with the Bills. I hate him equally as much when I listen to him with other teams.

He is unwilling to budge on his opinions even when the exact game he is commentating gives evidence to the contrary. He'll heap praise on certain players in the league even as they are playing terribly and hurting their teams. I find him incredibly biased and incredibly annoying. I hate the sound of his voice.

He does break down plays well and he provides good analysis, but as soon as he opens his mouth with an opinion (which is 90% of the time) it is cringe worthy. And he has only gotten worse as he has gotten older. It's obvious he doesn't do the homework that he used to and he relies on old, outdated knowledge on players, coaches, etc.

There are TONS of fans who hate him, regardless of what team they root for. It's a real thing. It isn't just Bills fans. There are also some who like him, though. He is polarizing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Of course. The guy's excellent.

Some people don't like his voice, but whatever. 

6 hours ago, MJS said:

There are not. He is the worst I have ever heard. I would rather listen to anyone else, or even nobody.

Fair enough to have a personal preference but Collinsworth consistently comes in second behind Romo in the surveys. He's simply good.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Really who

All of them. Yea Collinsworth is a bit of a ball licker, fine, but in terms of breaking down a play that has just happened with why it happened he is the best in the business. 

I honestly do not understand the hate he gets. Give me him over Tony "I'm just gonna go really higgggghhhhhh  now Jim" Romo and Troy "sorry am am I still awake?" Aikman any day of any week. 

7 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Brees should have that gig. He and Tirico were superb last week. It’s all relative….but I was a fan of that crew.

Tirico should 100% have one of the 3 main announcing gigs. When he did ESPN with Gruden I thought he was hands down the best play by play guy of the big networks. Drew was okay on Thanksgiving. I wouldn't be against promoting him in to a more prominent spot. 

I still want more Matt Millen though. Still hands down the best announce job of the season on Dolphins - Bills. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.