Oh God, please no......SNF

Bubba Gump

18 hours ago, SMAKCruiser said:

I actually do not mind him.  There are worse color guys around...

I agree, but I pay less attention to announcers than most people. The only one I really despise is a certain Booger who is rarely correct and staunchly defended the crack back block penalty call against the Bills in the playoffs. Yes, the same call the NFL later apologized for. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

He has always been a ball washing name dropper. Since his first game in the booth in 1990. Always. 

4 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

NBC must be on a budget. 

Maybe they will send him to Beijing to cover something in February and they can keep him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

I think he like any professional has his good game calls and his bad. I have learned from he at times so Ima not gonna say he doesnt deserve his paycheck. we consumers have the on off switch I use it frequently even to total mute just sayin'...

m

• Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

He never crossed a picket and always has had issues with those who dd that padded their stats.  I don't mind when Chris has told them off and has outright shown a lot of courage in staring them down.  I don't think they really thought he'd still carry that grudge and intensity that's good to see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2

48 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

I agree. His biggest problem is that he sticks to his agenda way past the point that he should. So even if a big market team is losing or playing bad, he stays with the "this is their game to lose" shtick. 

I'm not a huge fan of his as an announcer. He's always got that half baked, giggly demeanor, and never really says anything that's the least bit interesting or outside the box. 

Aikman and Buck are awful

The MNF crew are unlistenable

It's kinda crazy how many bad announcers make obscene dough.  I feel like most are totally replaceable.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.