TNF: Dallas (7-4) at New Orleans (5-6), 8:20 pm on Fox

Hapless Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, balln said:

its actually called a mallet finger. 

You’re exactly right.  My fault.  I’m a little out of it.  Still recovering from an anterior three level cervical fixation after 4 discs collapsed in my neck , pinching my cervical cord.( no trauma, just developed bilateral paresthesias almost like carpal tunnel,  went for mri as my balance also felt off and was told I had no choice about the surgery!).   Lost all feeling in my arms and hands , but no gross motor deficits.  Man, I did not expect this level of “ discomfort” after surgery.  Have had kidney stones before , and acutely this anterior fusion ranks right up there pain wise but not as nauseating.  

Was under about 5 hours and they stopped before doing the 4 th level because of bleeding / swelling in my chest/ throat area.    Since then I have noticed some issues remembering names correctly !  Been a little scary as I usually have a very good memory.  Hopefully, it returns. ( I’m also 64 now so the memory thing with names is new , but I’ve noticed it ,  usually would not mess up a simple name like that. )  Thanks for catching that and being  kind about correcting me  😀. Hopefully , things will clear up memory wise but it looks like my sensory losses are permanent.     Oh well, still walking so it could have been worse.  ( Thx again for correcting that, sorry for the long explanation, just usually not too prone to misnaming something that simple.) Did look like he ruptured the tendons tho , don’t you think ? Better guy than me, I would have quit after needing the splint!   😊

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DrPJax said:

You’re exactly right.  My fault.  I’m a little out of it.  Still recovering from an anterior three level cervical fixation after 4 discs collapsed in my neck , pinching my cervical cord.( no trauma, just developed bilateral paresthesias almost like carpal tunnel,  went for mri as my balance also felt off and was told I had no choice about the surgery!).   Lost all feeling in my arms and hands , but no gross motor deficits.  Man, I did not expect this level of “ discomfort” after surgery.  Have had kidney stones before , and acutely this anterior fusion ranks right up there pain wise but not as nauseating.  

Was under about 5 hours and they stopped before doing the 4 th level because of bleeding / swelling in my chest/ throat area.    Since then I have noticed some issues remembering names correctly !  Been a little scary as I usually have a very good memory.  Hopefully, it returns. ( I’m also 64 now so the memory thing with names is new , but I’ve noticed it ,  usually would not mess up a simple name like that. )  Thanks for catching that and being  kind about correcting me  😀. Hopefully , things will clear up memory wise but it looks like my sensory losses are permanent.     Oh well, still walking so it could have been worse.  ( Thx again for correcting that, sorry for the long explanation, just usually not too prone to misnaming something that simple.) Did look like he ruptured the tendons tho , don’t you think ? Better guy than me, I would have quit after needing the splint!   😊

🙏

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.