TNF: Dallas (7-4) at New Orleans (5-6), 8:20 pm on Fox

Hapless Bills Fan

I like how Aikman and Buck aren’t afraid to go after the officiating. They see how terrible it’s been. They called out the blindside block as a horrible call. And made fun of the official almost reaching for his flag as “muscle memory at this point with all the flags we’ve seen” 

Also,

Why would New Orleans stick with a hobbled Hill at QB over Simean? The gap between the two was extremely small to begin with. In fact; Simean is likely the better passing QB. You definitely don’t stick with a “QB” the caliber of Hill if he’s injured. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

3 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I like how Aikman and Buck aren’t afraid to go after the officiating. They see how terrible it’s been. They called out the blindside block as a horrible call. And made fun of the official almost reaching for his flag as “muscle memory at this point with all the flags we’ve seen” 

Also,

Why would New Orleans stick with a hobbled Hill at QB over Simean? The gap between the two was extremely small to begin with. In fact; Simean is likely the better passing QB. You definitely don’t stick with a “QB” the caliber of Hill if he’s injured. 

Taysom Hills isn't a very good passing QB. But Simean is terrible. At least Hill makes them competitive with his running. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But he ran into the defender from behind, helmet to helmet

Ford did much less and got flagged for it in the Texans game

By the letter of the law, it seems like the correct call to me but my god, what a stupid rule for plays like that to be a penalty. 

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

By the letter of the law, it seems like the correct call to me but my god, what a stupid rule for plays like that to be a penalty. 

I disagree.  On that play the pass rusher was looking at #45 and modified his rush to avoid the block.  By definition that is not a blind side block.

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree.  On that play the pass rusher was looking at #45 and modified his rush to avoid the block.  By definition that is not a blind side block.

The definition for blind side block has nothing to do with being blindsided. It’s purely about the way the blocker is facing and the force of the block. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.