AFC Playoff Picture: Week 14 Buffalo Bills rooting interests feature lots of divisional games — Really week 14 on page 3

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2021/12/2/22814415/afc-playoff-picture-week-14-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-feature-lots-of-divisional-games

Buffalo Bills (7-4) over New England Patriots (8-4)
Monday Night Football Line: Bills by 3

Pittsburgh Steelers (5-5-1) over Baltimore Ravens (8-3) Line: Ravens by 4

The current top seed in the AFC is only one game ahead of Buffalo right now. A Bills win and a Ravens loss puts the Bills ahead of them. 

Washington Football Team over Las Vegas Raiders (6-5) Line: Raiders by 2.5

Houston Texans (2-9) over Indianapolis Colts (6-6) Line: Colts by 9.5

Las Vegas Chargers (6-5) over Cincinnati Bengals (7-4) Line: Bengals by 3  [ 😂 ]

Denver Broncos (6-5) over Kansas City Chiefs (7-4)  Line: Chiefs by 9.5

New York Giants over Miami Dolphins (5-7)
Line: Dolphins by 4.5

Those pesky Dolphins are 5-5 against teams that don’t feature Josh Allen and they’re on a roll

😝 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This is a weird week.  I don't know that I agree with a lot of these.  I guess it depends on if you're rooting based on what gives the Bills the best chance at the #1 seed or what gets the Bills get into the playoffs, because I think a lot of these outcomes would hurt the Bills' chances of making the playoffs more than help.  

10 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

would we be technically ahead of Baltimore by virtue of our divisional record?

sometimes you have to consider the source 

The current top seed in the AFC is only one game ahead of Buffalo right now. 

A Ravens loss and a Bills win puts Buffalo as the # 2 seed

Granted I didn’t check other variables that could drop Tenny 

out of the 1 seed 

46 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Those pesky Dolphins are 5-5 against teams that don’t feature Josh Allen and they’re on a roll

I'm fine with Miami playing spoiler to other teams' hopes...they're a full four games behind the Bills when taking into account our sweep.  They play the Titans and Pats*** in weeks 17-18.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Miami winning is soooo good for Buffalo right now. They keep winning and it may save Flores's job. I'm good with that meathead getting another year.

Plus Tua has made juuuuust enough progress that if he keeps it up it would be hard to justify trading for another QB.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Miami winning is soooo good for Buffalo right now. They keep winning and it may save Flores's job. I'm good with that meathead getting another year.

Plus Tua has made juuuuust enough progress that if he keeps it up it would be hard to justify trading for another QB.

Dolphins fans should absolutely be rooting for us right now.  

Miami has 3 very winnable games (Giants, Jets, Saints) before Bills potential “games of interest” in Tennessee and NE.   Miami could very well be 8-7 going into the NE  game and if it shakes out the right way, that game could get them a WC.  

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Dolphins fans should absolutely be rooting for us right now.  

Miami has 3 very winnable games (Giants, Jets, Saints) before Bills potential “games of interest” in Tennessee and NE.   Miami could very well be 8-7 going into the NE  game and if it shakes out the right way, that game could get them a WC.  

It's amazing how that 17th game and extra WC spot gives teams that started slow more hope that they can catch up. Really adds an element to the seaon where more teams are playing competitive late on the year rather than giving the younger guys a chance to start ala Dougie Pederson.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

😝 

You might say they're 5-4 considering they also lost to the Jags...

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.