Uber from Hamburg to the stadium

Bills fan since 87

Not tailgating this time, got a motel in hamburg.  Will prob get there at 3:30.  How much can i expect to pay to uber out to the stadium area (ecc is fine) and how long a wait?

Figure ill hang out at one of the bars in the area after the game and wait to get an uber late.  Any advice on doing a game this way?  99% of the time im in Hammers lot tailgating.

1 minute ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Not tailgating this time, got a motel in hamburg.  Will prob get there at 3:30.  How much can i expect to pay to uber out to the stadium area (ecc is fine) and how long a wait?

Figure ill hang out at one of the bars in the area after the game and wait to get an uber late.  Any advice on doing a game this way?  99% of the time im in Hammers lot tailgating.

Where in Hamburg? (Approximate area, not exact address for obvious reasons). 

4 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Google is your friend.  Check out what the rate is per mile traveled.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Where in Hamburg? (Approximate area, not exact address for obvious reasons). 

Motel 6 on camp road (its a dump but got it for like $40 back when the sked was released)

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

Google is your friend.  Check out what the rate is per mile traveled.   

The rate now is not what i expect it to be on gameday

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Motel 6 on camp road (its a dump but got it for like $40 back when the sked was released)

The rate now is not what i expect it to be on gameday

What you want to be aware of, is I wouldn't be surprised if Uber jacks up rates as it gets closer to kickoff. They're sneaky like this. So a $40 ride at normal times could be double near the time to go into the stadium. They always increase rates as demand goes up. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

What you want to be aware of, is I wouldn't be surprised if Uber jacks up rates as it gets closer to kickoff. They're sneaky like this. So a $40 ride at normal times could be double near the time to go into the stadium. They always increase rates as demand goes up. 

Yep, figured as much.  Which is fine.  I just dont want to wait for 45 plus min at the hotel for an uber to get there.  Hopefully there is a steady stream going down southwest blvd toward ECC

Edited by Bills fan since 87

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

There’s probably a hundred cars going to the game from camp road hotels. Be a shame if he had to take an Uber…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

finding an Uber at Midnight on a game night 😆 

this will solve half of your problem 

make a sign

carry a 6 pack of Labatts and 👍🏻 to get there. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Draconator said:

THIS! Beware! The surge rates can be ridiculous. We tried to Uber home from a restaurant at the same time a Braves game was letting out a few miles away. It’s barely 1.5 miles and should have been about $5, but with the surge rates it was more like $40. I wanted to walk it because it was so aggravating, but the wife nixed that (and I did what I was told, of course :)).

Also, not to frighten anyone, but Uber has been sketchy in some areas since Covid. I was meeting a friend for drinks about 3 miles away. It is roughly an 8 minute ride I had done often in the past for $7-8. This time it was $19, but I took it anyway because drinks were involved. On the ride home? It said $34! To go 3 miles! Even WORSE? When I caved and ordered the ride I got “no drivers available”. Repeatedly. I walked home on a hot, muggy misting day. After that I started checking for rides just out of curiosity, even though I wasn’t going anywhere. Just checking, and as often as not no drivers were available. It’s been a little better lately, and I’m sure it varies by location, but I wouldn’t Uber anywhere I didn’t want to walk home from for quite a while. 

Not trying to freak anyone out, but it was a lesson I learned the hard way. Hope some local folks up there can share info regarding reliability. It worked fine from hotel to the airport the day after the opener, but that was my only experience in WNY since the pandemic. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

THIS! Beware! The surge rates can be ridiculous. We tried to Uber home from a restaurant at the same time a Braves game was letting out a few miles away. It’s barely 1.5 miles and should have been about $5, but with the surge rates it was more like $40. I wanted to walk it because it was so aggravating, but the wife nixed that (and I did what I was told, of course :)).

Also, not to frighten anyone, but Uber has been sketchy in some areas since Covid. I was meeting a friend for drinks about 3 miles away. It is roughly an 8 minute ride I had done often in the past for $7-8. This time it was $19, but I took it anyway because drinks were involved. On the ride home? It said $34! To go 3 miles! Even WORSE? When I caved and ordered the ride I got “no drivers available”. Repeatedly. I walked home on a hot, muggy misting day. After that I started checking for rides just out of curiosity, even though I wasn’t going anywhere. Just checking, and as often as not no drivers were available. It’s been a little better lately, and I’m sure it varies by location, but I wouldn’t Uber anywhere I didn’t want to walk home from for quite a while. 

Not trying to freak anyone out, but it was a lesson I learned the hard way. Hope some local folks up there can share info regarding reliability. It worked fine from hotel to the airport the day after the opener, but that was my only experience in WNY since the pandemic. 

Agreed.  I'm in NYC for work a lot, i've found that Curb (which is for the Yellow city licensed taxis) is a good alternative.  Even without an app like Curb, it's helpful to remember that you can use that very same phone to call a regular taxi  in most places

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Agreed.  I'm in NYC for work a lot, i've found that Curb (which is for the Yellow city licensed taxis) is a good alternative.  Even without an app like Curb, it's helpful to remember that you can use that very same phone to call a regular taxi  in most places

The issue with this is Liberty Cab. They are the absolute worst, ever. You call a cab with them, they tell you 15 minutes. 30 minutes later, you call again, and they yell at you for calling, saying "what else do you want us to do?" They are horrible and I would much rather pay Uber prices than deal with Liberty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

It's gonna be nice out........just put on your big boy knee pads and walk.

200.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm an Uber driver here in the WNY area.  That ride from the Motel 6 to the stadium would typically cost you under $10, but not on game night.  There WILL be surge pricing.  My suggestion to you would be to have both the Uber and Lyft apps available (most drivers run both of them), and then just go with the cheapest.    During the pandemic and up to around September of this year there was a definite shortage of drivers, and the prices on both services were through the roof.  Then the federal unemployment ran out and the drivers came back to work, so prices have stabilized for the most part.  But you can never predict the prices for big events like the Bills game Monday night.  Your idea on waiting it out after the game is probably a good one though.  The more the crowd thins out, the better chance you have for a decent price.

• Like (+1) 2

I was wondering myself how hard it is to get an Uber after a typical game and where to go to find them. After the Miami game, I had a 6 PM flight to CA. I left as soon as the Bills went up by 9, but as you may remember, the game was close until that score which was in the 4th. I assumed when I booked the game would be a blowout and would be well in hand by then. Made it easily to my flight but not so sure I would have if I stayed to the end if it was close until the end.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.