Another Side of the Coin - Information is Power

T master

Just now, 716er said:

Problem is that his son is a liberal, too.

1279953836_Jesuspoor.jpg.46132d4d0dbdede687357c1104097aff.jpg

“Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” -Matthew 19:21-24

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

“Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” -Matthew 19:21-24

unless you hold a bible in front of a church

45e83ef0-acc3-11ea-bfff-580fef875eaf

that's an auto-ticket past the pearly gates.

Breitbart 12:23-24

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh brother.....once again.  You're wading into things you simply don't understand.

Pulling this back to the point --

-- I watched the video, at least up until the 15:00 mark, and then fast forwarding. 

You guys are being far too charitable. This is utter nonsense. It starts off with a lot of wild speculation, including misinformation about how COVID vaccines are altering your genetic code. Around about 40:00 it gets truly unhinged from reality. She thinks the vaccines basically make you part of "the internet of things." After some series of vaccines (maybe 2 shots, maybe just 1!) you become something other than human. Really. Listen to it if you haven't.

And in there is all kinds of conspiratorial talk, including how 100 of her friends/associates were (her word) "suicided," presumably because she was the Osteopath Who Knew Too Much.

I see a childless woman nearing the end of her childbearing years feeling very left out in her child-centric Christian community (by the way, no guarantees, but prayer may help reverse the devastating dehumanizing effect of the vaccine!) and searching for something that just isn't there.

But I'm glad I watched (most of) it. Now I understand what we're dealing with here.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Tibs: Feel free to flee....I'm not going to lift a finger to stop you. 

Already gone. My friends use to skip church at my house as a kid 

So do tell us what Jesus REALLY meant about rich people and heaven. Dishonesty is so entertaining 

Here's the part I have trouble wrapping my brain around regarding all these Vax Conspiracists.

- Our Intrepid Osteopath (she apparently lives in the Dominican Republic out of fear of being "suicided" like her 100 friends) actually attended the January 6 Trump Rally that resulted in the assault on the Capitol. So somehow her Vaccine Conspiracy thing caused her to ally with Trump because, well, I guess he's gonna stop all that "inject 'em with nanobots so we can control 'em" COVID vaccine crap.

- This morning I flipped on Fox News. (Sometimes I do that. I also sometimes watch MSNBC. I think this makes me a unicorn.) Trump was a guest by phone. They asked him how he thinks Biden is handling COVID. He went off for a couple minutes about how his Administration got it right and Biden is botching it. HIS Administration pushed for vaccine development, saved lives through Operation Warp Speed, etc., etc. He was, in other words, a very vocal vaccine proponent.

How is it that the same people who find the Nutcase Osteopath compelling can also support the Angel of Death Vaccine Peddler Trump?? I mean, it's one or the other, people.

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So do tell us what Jesus REALLY meant about rich people and heaven. Dishonesty is so entertaining 

I don't know what Jesus meant by all that, but I'm pretty sure the "rich man passing through the needle's eye" was a warning to his followers two millennia later to not inject those transhumanizing nanobots into their bodies.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Here's the part I have trouble wrapping my brain around regarding all these Vax Conspiracists.

- Our Intrepid Osteopath (she apparently lives in the Dominican Republic out of fear of being "suicided" like her 100 friends) actually attended the January 6 Trump Rally that resulted in the assault on the Capitol. So somehow her Vaccine Conspiracy thing caused her to ally with Trump because, well, I guess he's gonna stop all that "inject 'em with nanobots so we can control 'em" COVID vaccine crap.

- This morning I flipped on Fox News. (Sometimes I do that. I also sometimes watch MSNBC. I think this makes me a unicorn.) Trump was a guest by phone. They asked him how he thinks Biden is handling COVID. He went off for a couple minutes about how his Administration got it right and Biden is botching it. HIS Administration pushed for vaccine development, saved lives through Operation Warp Speed, etc., etc. He was, in other words, a very vocal vaccine proponent.

How is it that the same people who find the Nutcase Osteopath compelling can also support the Angel of Death Vaccine Peddler Trump?? I mean, it's one or the other, people.

you answered your own question already

20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yup. 

You guessed it.

QAnon adherent.

These folks are legit radicalized. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 716er said:

you answered your own question already

These folks are legit radicalized. 

The internet makes you stupid.

Honestly, I don't know when or how we get out of this crazed misinformation/conspiracy loop. I know that people who post conspiracy theories on football forums are just a tiny sliver of America, but even that tiny sliver is big enough to cause serious problems.

I saw this quack on the web about a year ago. Someone I know who is religious was buying her crap.  That person also nows and respects my background and I pointed outage BS she was spewing.  I wasn't sure it was her but the posts above made ne sure it was the same quack. She was blond and looked like a teen and was an Osteopath.

Also, arguing religion with Tibs is futile. He is a godless Commie.

Edited by Wacka

6 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I saw this quack on the web about a year ago. Someone I know who is religious was buying her crap.  That person also nows and respects my background and I pointed outage BS she was spewing.  I wasn't sure it was her but the posts above made ne sure it was the same quack. She was blond and looked like a teen and was an Osteopath.

Godless yes, communist, no 

6 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I was about to click "like" but then I thought wait a minute, I think he's being serious but sometimes you just don't know anymore, do you ...

Just now, Tiberius said:

Godless yes, communist, no 

Off topic, but whatever:

We got one of those generic happy holidays messages from my HQ yesterday. This one should win a prize.

It honored those who celebrate Hannukah. 

It honored those who celebrate Christmas.

It honored those who celebrate Bodhi Day.

It honored those who celebrate Kwanzaa.

It honored those Zoroastrians who celebrate Shabe Yalda Mobarak.

And it honored the many, many Wiccans in our ranks who celebrate something called Yule. (I think they might have just made this one up. Who would know?) Happy Solstice, Wiccans!

Honestly, everything but Festivus.

Oh, and boy do I have some grievances to air. I was tempted to do the "reply all" thing noting the Northern Hemisphere-ism inherent in such messages. Not to mention the lack of anything for the atheists. 

So with that I say,

Happy Winter Solstice to all those who honor the astronomers of old who determined that the Earth is tilted 22.5% on its axis!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Read the entirety of the passage and you’ll understand the parable he was telling and the concept he was conveying. 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So someone who wandered around the desert wearing a robe and sandals who never worked a day in his life was a liberal?    Yeah that sounds about right.  

and common ground was finally found

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Read the entirety of the passage and you’ll understand the parable he was telling and the concept he was conveying. 

Done. Jesus told them to sell all their possessions and give everything away to the poor, and then they shall enter the kingdom of Heaven. 

Christianity was a poor man's religion.

What is your point?