TO this weeks legend of the game

Bills fan since 87

11 hours ago, Bills92 said:

Loved when TO came here...  But similar to when Lynch was the Legend of the Game, I struggle with honoring players from the drought years - let alone a 'Legend' who played one year for a 6-10 team.   There are only a handful of legends from the drought years.. and they start and end with Fitzy, FJax, Eric Wood, and Kyle

Lee Evans, Winfield, Takeo, Clements, Fletcher.....I get a lot of these guys didn't play forever. If you drop Fitz from your list, I will drop everybody from mine. I agree Wood and Kyle stand out, really, Kyle stands alone if you want to get more granular.  

Edited by KzooMike

18 hours ago, Bills92 said:

Loved when TO came here...  But similar to when Lynch was the Legend of the Game, I struggle with honoring players from the drought years - let alone a 'Legend' who played one year for a 6-10 team.   There are only a handful of legends from the drought years.. and they start and end with Fitzy, FJax, Eric Wood, and Kyle

For what it's worth, TO holds the team record for longest reception, thrown by one of your chosen legends.  Also refusing to acknowledge the drought years sounds like something a fairweather fan would do.  Most of those "legends" couldn't help being on a poorly run team.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, mattynh said:

These big games should be guys from the 90's teams IMO.  Even a guy like Phil Hansen.  I would argue we dont need a legend at every game if we are bringing back one year players.

Maybe TO reached out to the Bills after seeing Beastmode do it.

I have no problem with TO doing this as he is an Icon and a HOFer.

When Ralph and the boys flew down to get him it was an exciting moment for Buffalo.

I was so hyped I bought a TO jersey which I still wear once in a while

55 catches 829 yds  and 5 receiving TD's

6 rushes 54 yds and a TD

Bills record 98yd TD catch and run

Legend? Hell Yeah !

BTW could you imagine TO in his prime with Josh?

It would be incredible :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Trent Edwards had a couple of moments. And remember JP and that Houston game? There are still drops down there ...

Yeah I still remember him getting decleated by Adrian Wilson...vividly ;)

14 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Hard to believe they did not put him on a cart and take him off that way.

He didn't want to leave the field on a cart.....he was a tough guy and throwback.

48 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Maybe TO reached out to the Bills after seeing Beastmode do it.

I have no problem with TO doing this as he is an Icon and a HOFer.

When Ralph and the boys flew down to get him it was an exciting moment for Buffalo.

I was so hyped I bought a TO jersey which I still wear once in a while

55 catches 829 yds  and 5 receiving TD's

6 rushes 54 yds and a TD

Bills record 98yd TD catch and run

Legend? Hell Yeah !

BTW could you imagine TO in his prime with Josh?

It would be incredible :)

I am fine with it, I dont get a lot out of this stuff, some fans do that is cool.   I dont consider TO a Bills legend but I also don't care, bring someone in to pump up the crowd...that is cool.  

21 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I think its cool.  I know he only played one year here but in the middle of the drought it was a fun ride.  I like to collect obscure Bills jerseys so you know I'll have my 81 on in the stadium monday night!

Owens has had nothing but good things to say about his short time in Buffalo.

Sporting my 81 jersey as well...Go BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe he can go check to see if his key to city hall still works before the game

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pats folks continue to live in the past with these chesty comments 

Just ask them to name 5 Pats players from their 90s teams and it will shut them up real quick. Tried that 4 times I was in Boston getting heckled wearing my Bills gear...the best any of them got to was 3...one of them couldn't name any. Most pathetic fan base in all of sports.

Edited by Big Turk

On 12/2/2021 at 10:42 AM, Bills fan since 87 said:

I think its cool.  I know he only played one year here but in the middle of the drought it was a fun ride.  I like to collect obscure Bills jerseys so you know I'll have my 81 on in the stadium monday night!

Owens has had nothing but good things to say about his short time in Buffalo.

This he still has the longest TD catch in Bills history against the Jags doesn't he?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.