TO this weeks legend of the game

Bills fan since 87

I think its cool.  I know he only played one year here but in the middle of the drought it was a fun ride.  I like to collect obscure Bills jerseys so you know I'll have my 81 on in the stadium monday night!

Owens has had nothing but good things to say about his short time in Buffalo.

Edited by Bills fan since 87
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yeah, I liked TO as a Bill.  Made an otherwise forgettable season somewhat watchable, and he was by all accounts a good soldier during his stint in Buffalo.

Its funny because I hated him at first, but his time with us really turned me around on him.  A couple years ago he was on Howard and Jeremy gushing about Buffalo.

Of course youd expect him to pander to the local station but the interview was very insightful and he seemed genuine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Loved when TO came here...  But similar to when Lynch was the Legend of the Game, I struggle with honoring players from the drought years - let alone a 'Legend' who played one year for a 6-10 team.   There are only a handful of legends from the drought years.. and they start and end with Fitzy, FJax, Eric Wood, and Kyle

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yeah, I liked TO as a Bill.  Made an otherwise forgettable season somewhat watchable, and he was by all accounts a good soldier during his stint in Buffalo.

And he got Jauron fired and Edwards benched. He earned his key to the city with that alone. Oh, and he caught the longest pass in Bills' history.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

When Eric Wood broke his leg, TO stayed on the field with him and held his hand during the entire thing. I’ll never forget that and it shows you what kind of guy he really is. 

He also helped Eric to the sideline:

TO.jpg

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, mattynh said:

These big games should be guys from the 90's teams IMO.  Even a guy like Phil Hansen.  I would argue we dont need a legend at every game if we are bringing back one year players.

I was thinking about this earlier and wondering who they would line up for Monday.  Hopefully it’s someone who can do the full routine.  Freddie cut it short last week.  Missed the “where would you rather be than right here, right now??” line.   I was hoping for Talley on Monday.  TO is cool, though.  It’s all good. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.