Ridiculous Re. Mahomes

BringBackFergy

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why isnt Mahomes an MVP candidate?  There are still several games left and Chiefs and Mahomes seem to be heating up and his stats are on par with all other candidates.  

Mahomes may not be the favorite today in terms of betting odds, but hes very much capable of still winning the MVP this year.  There is no one with any kind of sizable lead on him.  

Allens place in the MVP race will be largely determined by this next game against the Pats and the Bucs game against the other top candidate in Brady.  Allen wins both those games, he will start to pull away from Brady.  However, if KC and Chiefs offense can keep rolling and they stack wins, Mahomes will still be in that convo himself.  

I agree, if Allen is a contender than so is Mahomes. Passing wise their stats are very similar with Josh having slim leads in all categories except yards( -11.5 YPG) & and they are tied for passing TDs(25). Josh does have pretty good leads in rushing stats though.

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/12/01/patrick-mahomes-ruining-peyton-manning-children-others/amp/

* Article says Mahomes is a contender for MVP this year? False

* Article says Mahomes came in 2nd in MVP voting last two years? False. 

* Says Manning’s son wears a jersey with Mahomes name on back (False: Manning’s kid likes Josh Allen)

* Says Mahomes has a solid family (False: His brother and fiancé/wife are suspect). 

I’m seriously thinking of writing a strongly worded letter. 

I thought this was a Pats board?

• Haha (+1) 1

I wouldn't say Mahomes is a real MVP candidate this year but if he gets hot down the stretch there's probably little argument there. Also unlike with Allen, there's a proven trust factor there in terms of being the AFC's best team the last 3 years and winning a ring already.

And for all the talk and hype about the Patriots, the Chiefs are quietly playing great football on defense right now and a game out of the #1 overall seed in the AFC. And looking at the rest of their schedule they are probably not going to lose more than one game the rest of the way it wouldn't be shocked if they do in fact finish as the conferences best record again despite the current tie breaker situation with head to head losses already against the Bills/Titans/Ravens.

17 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2021/12/01/patrick-mahomes-ruining-peyton-manning-children-others/amp/

* Article says Mahomes is a contender for MVP this year? False

* Article says Mahomes came in 2nd in MVP voting last two years? False. 

* Says Manning’s son wears a jersey with Mahomes name on back (False: Manning’s kid likes Josh Allen)

* Says Mahomes has a solid family (False: His brother and fiancé/wife are suspect). 

I’m seriously thinking of writing a strongly worded letter. 

or considering the website, you can ignore it and not let it bother you

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.