My friend is interviewing Sting for his radio show

Draconator

His name is Ronnie Littlejohn, and he hosts The Gumbo Kitchen which airs on Fridays from 9pm to 1am on jazz.fm out of Toronto. The show is all about New Orleans style of Jazz. 

Sting's manager heard the show when he was in Toronto during the summer, and fell in love with it. Within a week, he had Sting do a promo slot for the show. After talking to the manager, Ronnie was informed today that Sting himself has heard the show via internet and wanted to be interviewed for it. 

Can't wait to hear this!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

On 12/1/2021 at 6:23 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I wonder if Mr. Sumner will tell Mr. Littlejohn to not stand so close to him.

Hopefully grandmother won't be screaming at the wall and disrupt the interview.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Mmmmmm-Toronto Gumbo!  Actually I'm jealous, I live in a radio wasteland.  No Jazz. limited Classical, no dedicated business station etc.

www.jazz.fm can save you. 

Confirmed. The interview will air Dec 17th. 

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting!  Great opportunity for your buddy.

I love Sting and all of his music, from early Police stuff through all his solo albums.

Saw him perform live on the National Mall in DC some years ago as part of some big, free, festival going on for some charitable cause.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 7:54 PM, Just Jack said:

I wonder if he's going to move out of The Arconia before someone decides to kill him. 

Really.  They just finished the first season of "only murders in the building," portending more.  It's like a show my wife watches called "Death in Paradise."  They have a lot of deaths there.  Doesn't sound like paradise...

Was a really good interview! Ronnie had Sting talk to him like a regular guy. Was funny when Ronnie said that Sting was going on KImmel later tonight, and Ronnie asked Sting if he was nervous. Sting answered, and then Ronnie said "no. I didn't mean would you be nervous going on KImmel, are you nervous talking to me!" 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.