How many cheaters will attend the game live in OUR HOUSE ‘?

Italian Bills

16 hours ago, P Riv said:

I don't think there will be that many, maybe 10% of the stadium at best.  They do have a huge fan base, but I don't recall seeing a ton of them ever.  I've been to Gillette, and they're actually pretty tame there too.  

I have no idea why anybody would want to fight fans of another team... wtf is that.  If I saw that, I'm on the side of the victim, colors don't mean sh't.  That hoodlum BS doesn't represent my town.  Calling fans cheaters?  again, wtf is that.  

yea I dont get "hating" someone because of the laundry they wear, but that is whatever. I know i would have no problem going to a bills game in buffalo wearing patriots gear, and i have seen plenty of bills fans at patriots games in foxboro. And there has been no issue. 

shoot my family if they seen a rival fan would invite them to have a drink with them. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Boston is not a redsox town anymore. With the climate of baseball its self changing (younger crowds looking to play other sports) even watching it on TV. It's a football town now. Baseball still has it's loyal fans, but Boston is all football now. 

My family in Mass and RI would very much disagree with this statement.   But in fairness........Boston has only been a baseball town since the mid-1960's.   Now that they've won some WS titles maybe that scratched an itch they had but as a Yankees fan there is nothing more satisfying than hearing "Yankees suck" chanted at EVERY Red Sox gathering. :lol:  Nobody is in the head of a fanbase like that.......even when they've gotten the better of the Yanks for past 20 years.   And as a Bills fan it really tells me that the Pats are still A LONG way from causing that much anxiety to the fan base.

As for the younger crowds just playing "other sports".........I think that is a mis-perception.   Prior to the pandemic, enrollment in organized youth baseball was exploding nationally for the prior 5 years.  And the programs in New England in particular have become huge.   Right now,  kids just aren't playing sports at all.    HS sports programs are having a hard time competing with high paying part time jobs because so many adults have refused to return to work.   Football is being hit the hardest.   Rival schools are having to merge football programs just to field teams.   So football is definitely not one of the "other sports".

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

My family in Mass and RI would very much disagree with this statement.   But in fairness........Boston has only been a baseball town since the mid-1960's.   Now that they've won some WS titles maybe that scratched an itch they had but as a Yankees fan there is nothing more satisfying than hearing "Yankees suck" chanted at EVERY Red Sox gathering. :lol:  Nobody is in the head of a fanbase like that.......even when they've gotten the better of the Yanks for past 20 years.   And as a Bills fan it really tells me that the Pats are still A LONG way from causing that much anxiety to the fan base.

As for the younger crowds just playing "other sports".........I think that is a mis-perception.   Prior to the pandemic, enrollment in organized youth baseball was exploding nationally for the prior 5 years.  And the programs in New England in particular have become huge.   Right now,  kids just aren't playing sports at all.    HS sports programs are having a hard time competing with high paying part time jobs because so many adults have refused to return to work.   Football is being hit the hardest.   Rival schools are having to merge football programs just to field teams.   So football is definitely not one of the "other sports".

Boston is definitely still at base a Red Sox town. 100 percent agree.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Boston is definitely still at base a Red Sox town. 100 percent agree.

Of course it is.  As is much of New England.  

It's funny, but they call the football team "New England" and the baseball team "Boston".

Should probably be the other way around; the Sox enjoy a massive following all over New England.

I used to live in DC for many years; when the Sox would come to Baltimore, I'd always go to the games.  That was when the Orioles were always bad, and you could very easily get tickets to the games.  The parking lots would be FILLED with Red Sox tour bus groups filled with fans from all over New England.....and then when something happened in the game favoring Boston, the crowd erupted as though it was at Fenway. 

That was common from like 2000-2010 era.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Of course it is.  As is much of New England.  

It's funny, but they call the football team "New England" and the baseball team "Boston".

Should probably be the other way around; the Sox enjoy a massive following all over New England.

I used to live in DC for many years; when the Sox would come to Baltimore, I'd always go to the games.  That was when the Orioles were always bad, and you could very easily get tickets to the games.  The parking lots would be FILLED with Red Sox tour bus groups filled with fans from all over New England.....and then when something happened in the game favoring Boston, the crowd erupted as though it was at Fenway. 

That was common from like 2000-2010 era.

They were the Boston Patriots until 1971, but moving to Foxborough -- which is actually pretty far from Boston, relatively speaking (30 miles) -- changed all that.

Edited by dave mcbride

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think if you were to look up the numbers, you would see what i mean. The patriots are more popular in Boston. From TV ratings to overall just the "talk of the town" especially as the red sox owners are fallen out of popularity when their fans. And i dont know how it is in your region but where I am in Boston. I haven't seen really any issues in football or basketball now that everything is opening up. This summer was crazy for Basketball, although the H.S. football team sucked this years, there still seemed to be a decent turn out to watch HS football.   

Edited by Ghost_002!

On 12/3/2021 at 11:31 AM, RochesterLifer said:

Really?! I mean, do you have to take her EVERYWHERE you go?

😉

Neither of us really wanted to go to a MNF game tbh - she usually goes to other games and semi roots for the bills.  But we couldn't go in 2019, then there were no fans in 2020 so she hasn't seen her team play since the October monday night game when Buffalo had Derek Anderson in.   That game was decided in like the first 

Honestly I know i won't get to sit down to start tailgating til like 530 to 6, so its just all jammed up and its pitch dark trying to set up and put stuff away.  Cold and windy.  Oh well.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

Neither of us really wanted to go to a MNF game tbh - she usually goes to other games and semi roots for the bills.  But we couldn't go in 2019, then there were no fans in 2020 so she hasn't seen her team play since the October monday night game when Buffalo had Derek Anderson in.   That game was decided in like the first 

Honestly I know i won't get to sit down to start tailgating til like 530 to 6, so its just all jammed up and its pitch dark trying to set up and put stuff away.  Cold and windy.  Oh well.  

Before moving to Boston, I was a season ticket holder for 11 years and hated Sunday and Monday night games. I wouldn't get to bed until 2 a.m. At my age, I couldn't recover until Thursday. Give me Sunday at 1:00 every time. That's Buffalo football.

I hope y'all have a great time tonight! 😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.