How many cheaters will attend the game live in OUR HOUSE ‘?

Italian Bills

Well they say that 15-20% of married couples cheat. Including people just in relationships we are looking at a few thousand cheaters in the crowd and that is just with other people. I def cheated in video games and on a few tests and im sure many others have.

Truthfully this could be a really big cheating gathering with anywhere from 40 - 50,000 people cheating in some capacity.

Edited by corta765
  • Haha (+1) 2

The Pats don't have a bad fan base.  Unlike the Bills, they've been wooing fans with playoff appearances and Super Bowl runs for the past 20 years.  That's excellent PR and it's - rightfully - earned them followers.

That said, I don't think Pats fans are as loyal and maniacal as Bills fans nor do they travel as well. 

Though, to be fair and honest, how many New Englanders - even diehard fans - want to travel to Buffalo in dismal December?  I grew up in the burbs of Buffalo.   I love Buffalo.  But I don't blame them.  There are better places to visit this winter.  

So maybe 5% of the stadium will  be wearing the wrong colors come Monday.  Maybe 10% at the very, very most.   That's my guess as someone who hasn't been to a game in Orchard Park since 1974.

But for the Pat fans who do show up...  What an epic battle!   The top two teams  in the AFCE!  Raucous fans everywhere!  The old dynasty facing the new challenger!   I have nothing against the fans of any other NFL team but I hope all the folks wearing Brady, Gronk, or  Mac Jones jerseys leave in rivers of tears.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

My son flying up Sunday from NYC. Bills fan his entire 26 year life. Meeting his College roomie who is a big Pats fan flying up from DC. They are having a mini guys weekend away from their girlfriends.

A lot riding on this just between them LOL.

His buddy a good kid...go easy on him !!!!

I don't think there will be that many, maybe 10% of the stadium at best.  They do have a huge fan base, but I don't recall seeing a ton of them ever.  I've been to Gillette, and they're actually pretty tame there too.  

I have no idea why anybody would want to fight fans of another team... wtf is that.  If I saw that, I'm on the side of the victim, colors don't mean sh't.  That hoodlum BS doesn't represent my town.  Calling fans cheaters?  again, wtf is that.  

Edited by P Riv
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/1/2021 at 5:02 PM, Bills fan since 87 said:

5%?  Probably not as many as previous seasons as their fans figured they'd be down this year and money was spent on whatever other Boston team was the flavor of the week at that time.  

I can't stand this "flavor of the week" crap when it comes to Boston sports fans at this board, as though Boston is a crappy sports town in the LA or Miami mold.  Or Atlanta for that matter.  

WTF are you talking about exactly?  

I'm a gigantic Red Sox fan and I can tell you that Boston Red Sox fans are among the greatest and most loyal sports fans in the history of the planet.

Then there's the Bruins and Celtics.  The Patriots might be near the bottom of the totem pole, but that's a New England cultural thing; Boston has ALWAYS been a baseball town first and foremost.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/1/2021 at 5:32 PM, Draconator said:

Next thing you know the topic starter will start a new thread on what color underwear Josh will wear on Monday night

His GF's Pink Thong would be my best bet.

I can hear Daboll using his best Susan Sarandon ....breath through your eyes....breath through your eyes ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I can't stand this "flavor of the week" crap when it comes to Boston sports fans at this board, as though Boston is a crappy sports town in the LA or Miami mold.  Or Atlanta for that matter.  

WTF are you talking about exactly?  

I'm a gigantic Red Sox fan and I can tell you that Boston Red Sox fans are among the greatest and most loyal sports fans in the history of the planet.

Then there's the Bruins and Celtics.  The Patriots might be near the bottom of the totem pole, but that's a New England cultural thing; Boston has ALWAYS been a baseball town first and foremost.

As a Bills fan I would say Buffalo fans have a gigantic insecurity issue with Boston teams in general. I think it actually stems from the fact Boston fans culturally are far similar to Buffalo fans personality wise then a market like NYC or Chicago etc... which is similar in size. Then throw in 20 years of the Pats running rough shot and its perfect combo for some true jealously and outlandish takes.

Personally I agree that Boston is a superb sports town and the Pats are at least 3 on the totem pole as Soxs and Celts are the kings when they are good. The Pats prior to Kraft/Parcells were never a premier team in the NFL, but they have evolved into at least a solid fanbase at this point which as a division rival infuriates our fans even more. I don't see why that is an issue for the fanbase to become something as I think for any of the "elite" fanbases (Packers/Bills/Steelers) having success only helps to grow the energy you see now. For major markets like a Boston area success breeds into a large semi obnoxious following but that is partially media created (same way Dallas is so big despite nothing since 96). Browns fans are like the lone wolves in the success thing/popularity, but that's partially recency bias. Through most of the Browns history until they basically moved they were one of the more respected franchises despite no SB.

The Red Sox are kings in Boston, but from what I see in the rest of New England (all six states) is way more Patriots influence.  The state of Maine seems to be pretty pro-Patriot, with Red Sox and a little basketball and hockey in there, but mostly Patriots.  Same thing in Burlington VT and a few other places I frequent in that region.  Boston is about 50% of New England's almost 15 million people, but the Patriots are popular all over and not just Boston.  

Its like the Bills in WNY, only across 6 states.  

Boston is not a redsox town anymore. With the climate of baseball its self changing (younger crowds looking to play other sports) even watching it on TV. It's a football town now. Baseball still has it's loyal fans, but Boston is all football now. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

As a Bills fan I would say Buffalo fans have a gigantic insecurity issue with Boston teams in general. I think it actually stems from the fact Boston fans culturally are far similar to Buffalo fans personality wise then a market like NYC or Chicago etc... which is similar in size. Then throw in 20 years of the Pats running rough shot and its perfect combo for some true jealously and outlandish takes.

Personally I agree that Boston is a superb sports town and the Pats are at least 3 on the totem pole as Soxs and Celts are the kings when they are good. The Pats prior to Kraft/Parcells were never a premier team in the NFL, but they have evolved into at least a solid fanbase at this point which as a division rival infuriates our fans even more. I don't see why that is an issue for the fanbase to become something as I think for any of the "elite" fanbases (Packers/Bills/Steelers) having success only helps to grow the energy you see now. For major markets like a Boston area success breeds into a large semi obnoxious following but that is partially media created (same way Dallas is so big despite nothing since 96). Browns fans are like the lone wolves in the success thing/popularity, but that's partially recency bias. Through most of the Browns history until they basically moved they were one of the more respected franchises despite no SB.

It's ironic, but the closest parallel that I always think of to the bolded is how Boston felt about NYC for years, particularly w/ the Yankees, but just in general too.

I think there are a few fan groups who could relate to the "Bills experience" of the past few decades.  Pre-2004 Red Sox fans are one of the few.

I always envy that they were able to break their curse and exorcise their Yankee demons in such dramatic fashion, w/ the "4 Days in October" series.  That must have felt very cathartic.  I feel like we need something similar, but it's probably a longshot.  Sweeping them in the regular season & then taking the hat trick w/ a playoff blowout would be pretty close to that for me.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.