Mac Jones files trademark on MJ10

Commish

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Errrrrr.....the Dolphins have won their last 4 games, including the Ravens.

Tua was "out" from early in Game 2, to Game 6.  The Dolphins lost a close game to the Jags (3 points), a close game to the Falcons (2 points), ran into a buzz saw at Orchard Park, then haven't lost since.

Fun Fact: that win over the Ravens would be the reason I currently have a Flying Pig as my avatar.  I said that the Dolphins could beat the Ravens, when Pigs Fly.

So....

I know they're playing him now because what else are they going to do....

But do they really believe in him? Has he really been all that impressive? 

I hope they DO buy into Tua and keep him long-term. That's good for the Bills!

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I wonder 🤔 

Did he look up what happens to NFL players who trademark their junk?

I hear the odds are good that something bad will happen to Mac N Cheesy Jones 

Tebow?  Not good

Hail Murray.  The season went downhill 

Agreed, and I still think the argument clincher against such promotion would be the Peterman hype video.  If that wasn't the heavens kicking the stepladder of karma out from underneath him, I don't know what was. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Mango said:

This is why what Mac is doing makes a ton of sense. TB12, RG3, JA17. It has been common the last decade or so (+/-) for QB's to go by an initial and number moniker. If they become super stars, it helps them market their brand. At worst it costs a millionaire like $500 to $2000 dollars and they never need it.

It is almost irresponsible not to trademark it at this point. 

What a nothing-burger.

No need for good rationalizations around here lol... With that being said, it just seems like its too early but I definitely get your point.

12 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

No need for good rationalizations around here lol... With that being said, it just seems like its too early but I definitely get your point.

There is no too early once you are drafted to TM your own name. You can only be too late. If a Pats fan wanted to do it from Cambridge a week earlier he would be toast. 

On 12/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, Mango said:

This is why what Mac is doing makes a ton of sense. TB12, RG3, JA17. It has been common the last decade or so (+/-) for QB's to go by an initial and number moniker. If they become super stars, it helps them market their brand. At worst it costs a millionaire like $500 to $2000 dollars and they never need it.

It is almost irresponsible not to trademark it at this point. 

What a nothing-burger.

Your understanding of TM law is a bit off.

An important aspect of TM law in the USA is that marks may not be registered and then "placed a shelf" for the future, but not actually used in interstate commerce.

Jones will have to market and sell some sort of goods (or services--he's already doing that as a football player of sorts, making public appearances, etc.) in connection with the mark MJ10, or eventually his registration will be cancelled.

You don't "trademark" something as some sort of routine paperwork filing and then forget about it.

A trademark is an indicator of the source of goods or services you actually offer and are engaged in selling in interstate commerce in the USA.

PS:  Had Jones been late to the party there are all kinds of ways he could have rectified the situation.

I'm not sure why the average American these days seems obsessed with trademarks, while understanding almost nothing about them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Mac-10 is so much cooler than MJ10.  I guess that would be frowned upon by the NFL though.

Mac-10 would be sort of fitting too.  Small and only accurate at short distances.  Has a cult following by  those that just want to look cool and aren't concerned about longevity or quality.

Someone would protest that it encourages gun violence probably lol

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Your understanding of TM law is a bit off.

An important aspect of TM law in the USA is that marks may not be registered and then "placed a shelf" for the future, but not actually used in interstate commerce.

Jones will have to market and sell some sort of goods (or services--he's already doing that as a football player of sorts, making public appearances, etc.) in connection with the mark MJ10, or eventually his registration will be cancelled.

You don't "trademark" something as some sort of routine paperwork filing and then forget about it.

A trademark is an indicator of the source of goods or services you actually offer and are engaged in selling in interstate commerce in the USA.

PS:  Had Jones been late to the party there are all kinds of ways he could have rectified the situation.

I'm not sure why the average American these days seems obsessed with trademarks, while understanding almost nothing about them.

Right, OK. You’re being unnecessarily pedantic. I didn’t say he wouldn’t put it on a T-Shirt. He doesn’t even have to. He can just license it out and have somebody do it for him and he’s fulfilled the need. Start the Mac Jones foundation, put it on a quarter zip, and he’s fine. Just like half of the QB’s in the league. 

Why chase down a resolution later on for a problem that doesn’t need to exist?

5 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Mac-10 is probably taken.

I heard its the name of a gun.

Bulldog had a hilarious rant on WGR today about the hole mj10 ten thing. Basically says he hasnt earned it and that mj is Michael Jordan and hopes we destroy him and the patriots. All of which i agree with but the rant was epic, lol.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.