Poll: Guess # of drive-extending flags Patsies will get?

NoHuddleKelly12

Guess # of drive-extending flags Patsies will get…  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Zebras will throw how many flags on 3rd down against Bills D?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2021 at 01:00 AM

Don’t get me started. We should have never lost the Jags game, the officiating that game was completely unacceptable. It’s funny because I watched a couple YouTube videos from fans who say that the NFL is fixed. They seem to think that the players are involved too but I do not. The referees on the other hand? It would not surprise me. At times it feels like they put their entire life’s savings on Vegas odds, it wouldn’t surprise me, but anyways I’m sure we’ll get screwed on a couple calls. I suppose the outcome of the game will depend on the severity of how many times we get screwed on those calls. If we get like 10-11 penalties for 150 yards we’re done.

November 29, 1998: Just Give it to Them 

this game still makes my blood boil.

Refs heard to say "Just give it to them"  on a pass near the sideline.

Then a phantom PI call give the Pats the ball on the one and they score.

25-21.  

21 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Don’t get me started. We should have never lost the Jags game, the officiating that game was completely unacceptable. It’s funny because I watched a couple YouTube videos from fans who say that the NFL is fixed. They seem to think that the players are involved too but I do not. The referees on the other hand? It would not surprise me. At times it feels like they put their entire life’s savings on Vegas odds, it wouldn’t surprise me, but anyways I’m sure we’ll get screwed on a couple calls. I suppose the outcome of the game will depend on the severity of how many times we get screwed on those calls. If we get like 10-11 penalties for 150 yards we’re done.

Let's hope Sean has the stones the challenge the refs Monday for the inevitable calls that will help NE. Trust me it won't be just 1 or 2. 

It will not be how many penalties are called, but when they are called.

When it was really bad, you could set your watch by penalties being called on the opponent at a few critical times until the game was safely in hand, and then a few penalties on the Pats* in garbage time so the final totals looked more in balance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

We should have never lost the Jags game, the officiating that game was completely unacceptable. 

I didn't dwell on it because if we had just played well we would have won anyway, but the number of false starts by Jacksonville that were allowed was mind-boggling.

1 hour ago, LewPort71 said:

November 29, 1998: Just Give it to Them 

this game still makes my blood boil.

Refs heard to say "Just give it to them"  on a pass near the sideline.

Then a phantom PI call give the Pats the ball on the one and they score.

25-21.  

This actually happened *before* the Belichick/Brady era, when it was still Pete Carroll and Drew Bledsoe.

I don't know if the PI was "phantom," but the point was that PI NEVER gets called in a jump-ball Hail Mary situation unless there is an absolute mugging (and even then only maybe), which there wasn't.

The "just give it to 'em," though, that was horrific.  It was fourth down and the game would have been over.

Little did we know it was a harbinger of things to come.

• Like (+1) 1

I just want to see a well officiated game where the refs don’t affect the outcome. With the way the putrid officiating  has been this year I’m not holding my breath. I just don’t want to put a hole in the wall or break a wooden chair with my bare hands.

On 12/2/2021 at 4:14 PM, BRH said:

It will not be how many penalties are called, but when they are called.

When it was really bad, you could set your watch by penalties being called on the opponent at a few critical times until the game was safely in hand, and then a few penalties on the Pats* in garbage time so the final totals looked more in balance.

Right on the money

On 11/30/2021 at 10:38 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

While not normally a conspiracy theorist, all bets are off when it comes to games against the evil empire and the current state of league officiating which has been, mildly, putrid this year. Call your shot with how many flags we will be treated to that extend Pats drives on 3rd down Monday!

Do you promise to keep track of BILLS drive extending flags too?

On 12/1/2021 at 5:00 PM, Success said:

20 years has been numbing in that area.  Every friggin' game.

But a lot of that was Brady.  Though, I'm sure they fear Belichick as well, and want to make him happy.

I'm not sure why it's hard for Bills fans to understand that inferior teams take penalties and good teams sometimes avoid them.

For the last 20 years NE has been the toast of the league and Buffalo has been irrelevant.

Is it surprising to discover that the poorer players on one team might take penalties to keep up with the better players on the other?

NFL officiating is horrible, we all know that, but it evens out over the course of a season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.