Poll: Guess # of drive-extending flags Patsies will get?

NoHuddleKelly12

Guess # of drive-extending flags Patsies will get…  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Zebras will throw how many flags on 3rd down against Bills D?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2021 at 01:00 AM

I like that these stats can be looked up easily, so I checked

NE has 21 firsts downs by penalty this year, Buffalo 11. 

Just so we know that isn't an anomaly the 2009-Present stats go 375 for NE (most in the league) to 257 for Buffalo (3rd least in the league).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Well considering the Bills are in the top 8 in penalties against them this year, top 6 last year, top 9 in 2019, top 6 in 2018. I would dare say the Bills shoot themselves in the foot a few times versus the Pats. That's four straight years in the top 10 in penalties, you can only blame the refs so much.

5th in most penalties per game.

13 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Well considering the Bills are in the top 8 in penalties against them this year, top 6 last year, top 9 in 2019, top 6 in 2018. I would dare say the Bills shoot themselves in the foot a few times versus the Pats. That's four straight years in the top 10 in penalties, you can only blame the refs so much.

But the refs have already handed New England the game and its T-minus 106 hours until kickoff! 

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Every team on 3rd and long just throws it deep and out comes the yellow flag. Every team every game. NFL officials are worse than WWE "officials".

In all fairness, and while it annoys the everloving crap out of me, DBs gotta learn to turn their head around. Play the ball, not the receiver. Its a dumb AF flag and really should be a 15 yard/1st down penalty instead of a spot foul but the rule is quite clear that if the DB is fighting with the receiver but doesn't have his head turned towards the ball a flag is gonna get thrown.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted 1-3 because the Bills are averaging 1.9 per game

1 hour ago, Klaus said:

I like that these stats can be looked up easily, so I checked

NE has 21 firsts downs by penalty this year, Buffalo 11. 

Just so we know that isn't an anomaly the 2009-Present stats go 375 for NE (most in the league) to 257 for Buffalo (3rd least in the league).

The Bills have 18

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/stats/

I think this could be a factor.  Not because the refs want to help the Pats though, but because we have done this to ourselves in way too many games this year.  On both sides of the ball though.  We kill drives and take points off the board with stupid things like false starts and holding as much or more as we give opponents more chances to score on defense by negating a 3rd down stop with dumb penalties.  

While some of those on both sides were atrocious calls by the refs, most were self inflicted.  

Bills being good is good for the NFL.  They love the positive image of the Bills, it’s fans, Josh Allen, etc.  I don’t believe for one second there will be a conspiracy biased to help the Pats beat the Bills from the Refs or NFL.  

Josh Allen is one of the most likable and marketable players to enter the NFL in years from an image side of things.  They aren’t conspiring against him or the Bills.

24 minutes ago, shane nelson said:

3 x more than us.  They know Wallace is good for at least 3. 

Except Wallace has played great this year.  I have no clue where all this Wallace negativity comes from.  It’s like none of you actually watch him play.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2716721-roger-goodell-says-robert-kraft-friendship-was-never-strained-by-deflategate

This shouldn't of been allowed to happen, it didn't even dawn on ownerships of the league, and just how dirty Kraft and Goodell could be given their family alliances in Detroit for the Purple Gang-era.  Normally, I'd respect gangsters going legit my Great-Uncle Tommy Fitzmorris (ran girls for the Irish in Buffalo) went legit.  Beyond just drive extending drives, Goodell favoring teams, and Farrelly seemingly black mailing everyone they are just animalistic trash and thugs who are probabally doubling up on gambling profits from off shore Russian gambling operations (Kraft's meeting with Putin was personal not a mistake or a party.). I've had enough of their crap as a Bills fan from Maine.  Anybody else want to roll their eyes at me feel free too got to wonder how many Tong's and Traid's provide the older girls for meeting Kraft's needs given he's not satisfied by a much younger woman. 

Couple of sex worker advocates tried to tell me about how discussing those illegal crime families cold land them in trouble and described it as something the general public like myself doesn't understand in scope.  Told them my loss prevention background and to quit treating me like a gutter bum on Twitter.  Alas, misunderstandings meant they blocked me after a couple of posts saying I put their lives in danger;  Take notice folks we got this information and we can deduce it no matter what you think on my analysis of a situation regarding McDermott I can be right on the money which is a fifty-fifty gamble and about all analytics relating to differing levels of intelligence gathering can be.  

Tired of their conduct on and off the field, tired of how they seemingly have Goodell stitching everything up, and tired of them having Judges in their pockets like Berman.  I've kicked their tires, had a couple of Twitter reports filed, when asked for their evidence of libel, and slander they backed off like rats.  Would rather just grap a cup of Tim Horton's in front of them, sit in the middle, interrupt a meeting, and give Farrelly the pedophile defender a nod.  A lot of this goes beyond just flags officials have been having their own private meetings for years with guys like the disgraced former IRS Agent Jeff Triplette (Music City Miracle, and after retirement wanted to work in the Titans org).  You break these guys up publicly make them nervous, push them around, and it's not like they've ever gone beyond being some pedophile animals from Southie like Bulger.  Seeing Howie Carr with Kraft is like WTAF are you doing Carr?  

3 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I do wonder how many penalties are on the Bills defense vs. Bills offense. If the penalties are defense heavy it could be a design of the gameplan to be extra physical and live with a few extra calls going against you. But if the penalties are heavy on the offensive side too that's on the coaching staff.

Football games, especially those with playoff implications, represent interstate commerce, and any attempt to illicitly affect a games outcome would go beyond a civil case (which would, in its own right, be substantial), and fall into RICO felony status. The idea of the referees, or the NFL, getting on board with such a scheme would, IMO, be a non-starter. Too risky for the refs. Too risky for the NFL.

It was the RICO implications that made the Spygate controversy, and the weird scene of NFL executives, in their suits, and dress shoes, destroying evidence in a concrete hallway in Foxboro, a much bigger deal than Patriots* fans will ever admit.

I'm more interested in how many drive stalling penalties the Bills will get.   If you have watched the Pats throughout the many years of their supposed dynasty, in every big game the opponent has to overcome at least one holding penalty every drive.  

15 hours ago, buffblue said:

Be honest, do you really feel Mac is a special player that has superstar upside? I'm just not getting it.

Brady was wrongly maligned for years by Bills fans for being a system qb who dinks and dunks, but he always had the ability to sling the rock downfield and demonstrated much better arm strength than given credit for.

With Jones I see an smart & accurate qb, but one with significant physical limitations and ceiling.

Gonna be hard to roll with a straight up pocket passer in the modern nfl…I think the deck is kind of stacked against him if I had to take an educated guess. Defensive linemen are getting scarier and there are less and less pro ready offensive linemen in each draft. He seems like the perennial playoff contender but not enough of an X factor to carry the team through a tough playoff game in my wayyyy too early assessment. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.