What is your Buffalo Bills relationship status?

cwater10

What is your Buffalo Bills relationship status?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Buffalo Bills relationship status?

• Dating – Recently started watching and I’m interested. There have been a few bad dates, but I’m willing to be open minded and try new things. Let’s see where this goes.
    • Engaged – Been exclusive for a few years now and I’m ready to make a lifetime commitment. I’ve never been happier.
    • Newlywed – I love this team and cannot ever imagine them doing anything to make me unhappy.
    • Shotgun Newlywed - My family left me no choice but to make a life with this God forsaken team. I’ve yet to escape and am troubled with doubt about my ability to ever find a way out.
    • Long Distance Lovers: I moved away from the area some time ago. Still, I remain committed and monogamous. (We agree not to ever bring up that one-year fling with the new hometown team. You were needy and they were there. It happens).
    • It’s Time Dammit! - I’ve been hanging in with this team and have given them the best years of my life. If they don’t show up with a ring soon, I’m outta here!
    • One Before We All Die – It seems like a lifetime ago that I declared “Till Death Do Us Part”. That used to feel like a long time and a very generous offer. You’ve brought be close a few times but hey, I’m not Robert Kraft. That is not the kind of happy ending I had in mind. Let’s get this done, OK?

11 hours ago, cwater10 said:

Had a back procedure this morning, so still foggy enough that this could all be a verced or propofol induced delirium.    They refused to tell me which one they used.  Or maybe they did and I forgot?  Either way, they won.

You should never make big decisions after anesthesia. Or post on the Bills message board! ;)

Seriously cheers to quick healing!

8 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

WTF am I going to do with my Losman jersey?

Snot rag?

I've moved several times and not strayed since the Bills entered the NFL.  I watched Browns games as a kid in the 60's NFL.  My first live game was in 1975 lousy rainy weather game but really ramped up my love when Chuck Knox took over and I lived in Buffalo in the early 80's.  Moved to the following areas:

Miami - tough years when Marino was at his best and my son became a lifelong Dolphins fan

DC (Maryland) - Bills super bowl years and I was able to get additional AFC games on Baltimore channels plus team was on national games often

Chicago - Listened to games on internet radio finally went back for one Bills - Giants game with my daughter and was surrounded by drunken Canadian hockey fans in the upper bleachers

New England (Boston & CT) Has Direct TV NFL package for the whole time.  Met a Patriots season ticket holder at a Neil Diamond concert and went to 2 games at Gillette.  We lost both times, but fans really weren't too obnoxious.  Met some Bills fans there too.

Bluffton, SC - Found Bills backers bar (R Bar) and had beef on weck but never made it over for a game.  Bills finally became relevant again.

Cleveland - Lots of Browns fans including my son in law.  They are mostly like us craving a winning team.  Closer to Buffalo so may make it up for some future games.

Loved Bills all those years and hope they can finally bring home a Super Bowl trophy before I go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Married - content but sometimes miserable.  Occasionally look at others with lust filled eyes but ultimately come home and don’t wander because of the kids.  I should have thought about it more before bring them into my mess thinking they’d solve our issues. 

Edited by DasNootz

15 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

No one will ever accuse me of being fairweather since I have been a true fan since the late 80s but I have mellowed some recently and don't die after every loss 

This describes me also.  Life is still going on....even after the JAX and Dolts loss........

Been a fan since I was 10 yrs old (1977).

I don't think any choices apply to me. Football is entertainment, college and pro. Down here in Florida, even high school football is really good. Too many other "real" things in life going on to treat a franchise like my happiness depends on them. No control over what they do. Makes no sense. 

I'm in an abusive relationship with the Buffalo Bills.

They keep promising they'll change, and I keep believing them and sticking with them. And yet, they keep right on hurting me, again and again. My friends are all like "can't you see they'll never change? Just leave them now and find someone that makes you happy!" and I'm all "no, it'll be different this time, you'll see!". On and on it goes.

period crying GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

No one will ever accuse me of being fairweather since I have been a true fan since the late 80s but I have mellowed some recently and don't die after every loss 

Been a fan since 94 and  just before getting on the site I realized I'M IN LOVE ha ha. So this thread fits. I feel such a bond to the team, the fans, all of it. I recall a few years back realizing how I love my kids, GF, Josh and the Bills. That GF is gone ha ha. Not anyone else :)

But losses can make it sometimes feel like “I’ve been kidnapped, locked in an underground bunker and repeatedly abused”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.