What is your Buffalo Bills relationship status?

cwater10

What is your Buffalo Bills relationship status?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Buffalo Bills relationship status?

• Dating – Recently started watching and I’m interested. There have been a few bad dates, but I’m willing to be open minded and try new things. Let’s see where this goes.
    • Engaged – Been exclusive for a few years now and I’m ready to make a lifetime commitment. I’ve never been happier.
    • Newlywed – I love this team and cannot ever imagine them doing anything to make me unhappy.
    • Shotgun Newlywed - My family left me no choice but to make a life with this God forsaken team. I’ve yet to escape and am troubled with doubt about my ability to ever find a way out.
    • Long Distance Lovers: I moved away from the area some time ago. Still, I remain committed and monogamous. (We agree not to ever bring up that one-year fling with the new hometown team. You were needy and they were there. It happens).
    • It’s Time Dammit! - I’ve been hanging in with this team and have given them the best years of my life. If they don’t show up with a ring soon, I’m outta here!
    • One Before We All Die – It seems like a lifetime ago that I declared “Till Death Do Us Part”. That used to feel like a long time and a very generous offer. You’ve brought be close a few times but hey, I’m not Robert Kraft. That is not the kind of happy ending I had in mind. Let’s get this done, OK?

Should I start by declaring that this is not a Patriots topic?  Anyway, a recurring theme that has been jumping off the screen lately, and particularly since the Bills have hit a few bumps in the road, is how there seems to be considerable diversity in the different lenses that we all look at The Bills through.  No doubt, this is shaped by age, location, family and any number of different variables.  So I figured I'd take a stab at a poll to learn more about our collective relationships with The Bills.  So, take the poll.  Who are you?  Put me down for an original "Shotgun Newlywed that evolved into "One Before We All Die".  Hmmm... maybe I should have included a choice for Stockholm Syndrome. 

Had a back procedure this morning, so still foggy enough that this could all be a verced or propofol induced delirium.    They refused to tell me which one they used.  Or maybe they did and I forgot?  Either way, they won.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, cwater10 said:

Should I start by declaring that this is not a Patriots topic?  Anyway, a recurring theme that has been jumping off the screen lately, and particularly since the Bills have hit a few bumps in the road, is how there seems to be considerable diversity in the different lenses that we all look at The Bills through.  No doubt, this is shaped by age, location, family and any number of different variables.  So I figured I'd take a stab at a poll to learn more about our collective relationships with The Bills.  So, take the poll.  Who are you?  Put me down for an original "Shotgun Newlywed that evolved into "One Before We All Die".  Hmmm... maybe I should have included a choice for Stockholm Syndrome. 

Had a back procedure this morning, so still foggy enough that this could all be a verced or propofol induced delirium.    They refused to tell me which one they used.  Or maybe they did and I forgot?  Either way, they won.

Need a new category: “I’ve been kidnapped, locked in an underground bunker and repeatedly abused”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I woulda chose Shotgun instead of One before we die.  Except I'm not looking for escape.

After a while in a relationship, the grass is still greener on the other side sometimes, but its nice knowing where you are sleeping every night.  And both me and the Bills are incapable of cheating anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

Need another status:  married into this team (first love was ATL).  Both our boys were raised Bills fans and we deserve a SB win cause we suffered through those 4 straight, and a lot of abuse and shunning in GA.  Go Bills !!

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Need another status:  married into this team (first love was ATL).  Both our boys were raised Bills fans and we deserve a SB win cause we suffered through those 4 straight, and a lot of abuse and shunning in GA.  Go Bills !!

Stacking wins! 

• Like (+1) 1

Im both a long term lover obviosuly but also a One before we all die. I was born in 1970 so I can't live off of AFL championships, I was in my two's during the peak SB years, and now I'm 50 with less time on the planet than I have already spent.  My lens is win now at all costs.  That is why I can't stand Beane's approach of not aggressively adding talent earlier this year.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

moved away, but never cheated with hometown team (PIT).  Just the Bills missed the playoffs for 17 straight years, so come playoff time, I had someone to cheer for, but not before then.  And dammit, that 2004 Bills v. Steelers game when I went up to the game with a horribly annoying (long time ago ex) gf who was a know-nothing Steelers fan.  

Anyway, Long-Distance, and win 5.  1 is not enough after losing 4 in a row!

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

WTF am I going to do with my Losman jersey?

At least its just a jersey and not autographed, game worn cleats with the matching, autographed newspaper showing him in them 😳 

Talk about not knowing what to do with some unique memorabilia 

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.