So long to Jake Fromm State Farm!

YoloinOhio

On 11/30/2021 at 3:42 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Very questionable and shortsighted career move by Fromm. He had a good chance to be the long-term primary backup for a winning organization starting next year. Puzzling as I'm not sure how this helps him except for very short-term financial gain. Now, he goes to a very unstable situation, likely facing offseason upheaval.

Terrible take. He gets years worth of more money on a 53 man roster versus on a practice squad. And there is nothing stopping the Bills from signing him if it doesn't work out for him.

This is an excellent career move for him, especially since Allen is entrenched as the starter here. More money and an opportunity to possibly play.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, prissythecat said:

What do you base this statement on?   He was a fifth rounder.  Not exactly a draft position for someone who is a sure thing (Webb himself was a third rounder I believe).   The Bills also had  Fromm as the QB of last resort last year and didn't care to try to keep him when the Giants made their offer. Those facts plus his lackluster preseason play tell me a lot more about his talent ...

Because they would have had to put Fromm on the active roster and obviously can't do that right now given the uncertainty at DB and there's no point with Allen and Trubisky fully healthy.

I honestly have no clue if Fromm is going to amount to anything in this league but I think he's hands down a better QB than Webb which might not be saying much though.

29 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Because they would have had to put Fromm on the active roster and obviously can't do that right now given the uncertainty at DB and there's no point with Allen and Trubisky fully healthy.

I honestly have no clue if Fromm is going to amount to anything in this league but I think he's hands down a better QB than Webb which might not be saying much though.

Fair enough .  That’s a reasonable take 

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

We don't have any evidence of him being better than Webb.

On 11/30/2021 at 5:54 PM, QCity said:

Maybe he doesn't see himself as a career backup?

Then he must see himself in an office somewhere because if he wants any kind of career in the NFL it's not as a starter.  Maybe he's got Mike "I should have been the #1 pick of the 2018 draft" White disease.  

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I thought Webb pretty much looked better in preseason

It’s hard to remember when we get feel-good stories about Webb playing safety on the Scout team, but he was a 3rd round draft pick in his day

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Odd.  Why not 11 (college) or 4 (with the Bills)?  But likely a compliment.

I think #4 and #11 are both retired on the Giants.  I know #11 was Phil Sims....

https://www.bigblueinteractive.com/information-pages/new-york-giants-retired-jersey-numbers/

Yep, both #4 and #11 retired so...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.