So long to Jake Fromm State Farm!

YoloinOhio

He knew he didn't have a chance to start and possibly even to back up due to Josh staying healthy and if he even wants or thinks he's a starter he probably wants a better opportunity for that chance but i don't think it's a huge loss for the Bills .

I do think he would have been a good back up after this season .

51 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I need to disagree with this. The Bills were never going to invest and develop Jake. They could have used that pick on an interior olineman or a DB. 
BTW I am a huge UGA fan. Never thought Jake was going to amount to much in the NFL due to his lack of physical traits. 

I respect your opinion. As far as physical attributes, the picture of Jones overweight with a cigar in his mouth shows that sometimes physical attributes in college aren’t indicative of how they treat their body in the NFL. We’ve all seen Brady’s combine picture and he’s an enigma now. Talking a shot on any other position than QB would be justified but I didn’t mind taking a shot  

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Very questionable and shortsighted career move by Fromm. He had a good chance to be the long-term primary backup for a winning organization starting next year. Puzzling as I'm not sure how this helps him except for very short-term financial gain. Now, he goes to a very unstable situation, likely facing offseason upheaval.

Maybe he saw the writing in the wall, all the best to him. Guess we'll take a kid next year in Rounds 5-7 and sign another vet assuming Mitch leaves.

18 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Fair point, I don’t. But what evidence do you see they tried to develop him? 

I've heard several commentators talk about how this coaching staff tries to develop every player on the roster down to the practice squad guys, and note that that specifically didn't happen with past administrations.  I see it on the field too.  If Fromm didn't work out, it's not because the Bills didn't try to develop him.  It also doesn't mean they were going to hand him the job, he had to beat out his competition like everyone else on the roster, and he didn't.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Two things:

1) When drafted, he was expected by everyone to either be a lock for A) Long term and immediate answer at QB2 B) The not so distant future replacement to Josh Allen, because you can’t improve accuracy.

2) This man would have been a wildly popular message board legend during the Drought.

It was a low risk - high reward situation. I liked the pick and I don’t think Beane regrets it either 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Beast said:

He probably won't see the field this year but if you have watched Daniel Jones play you'd know that there is most likely going to be a QB competition with the G-men next training camp.

And why wouldn't he have a clear path as the Giants backup?

Sounds like he may see the field. 

Danny Dimes is reported to have a neck strain and will likely miss some time. Giants backup is Mike Glennon. Glennon is always likely to see the bench. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, delirious said:

I like Davis Webb more. See yah later, Jake

What is there to like about Davis Webb?  I never want to see him take the field in a Bills uniform.

Jake Fromm had an excellent college career.  Never understood the crap many Bills fans gave him.  And if I am a Giants fan I sure as hell hope Jake Fromm has more game then Daniel Jones has.  Because Jones' performance last Monday nite against the Bucs was atrocious.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

What is there to like about Davis Webb?  I never want to see him take the field in a Bills uniform.

Jake Fromm had an excellent college career.  Never understood the crap many Bills fans gave him.  And if I am a Giants fan I sure as hell hope Jake Fromm has more game then Daniel Jones has.  Because Jones' performance last Monday nite against the Bucs was atrocious.  

1. Idk because I like Davis Webb.

2. When the media took videos of training camp practices, it was always Allen and Webb having fun racing and joking around.

3. Jake Fromm has a noodle arm, and so does Webb, but I think Davis Webb is smarter (from reports by media in the past)

4. Fromm is JAG and a waste of a 5th round pick that could have been utilized elsewhere imo so I naturally don't like that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.