So long to Jake Fromm State Farm!

YoloinOhio

I think he could re-sign with the Bills in the offseason if the opportunity with the Giants doesn't turn out to be a good one for him.  There's no doubt that being on the Giants active roster is a better place to be than on any team's practice squad, but who knows what the Bills might have available next year.  

Edited by msw2112

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

And why wouldn't he have a clear path as the Giants backup?

He might; it's just obviously a very unstable situation there with NYG. Here, he could be the primary backup for years in a stable situation with a winning organization.

Maybe he has delusions that he's good enough to start and thinks he'll have a chance to compete.

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some have.  I'm blanking on the name, but during a year when the Bills were horribly hurting for QB.....I guess it was EJM's rookie year? 2013?  We started Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis at QB....anyway we tried to sign a QB from someone's practice squad and he said "Nope, Thanks, I'm Good!"

Also it used to be a team could choose to pay a PS player more $$ and I don't think the PS salaries counted against the cap.

Now they count, and it's a standard one rate of pay for rookies and another for vets.

Thank you for clarifying .. never knew that .. assumed they just had to go 

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He might; it's just obviously a very unstable situation there with NYG. Here, he could be the primary backup for years in a stable situation with a winning organization.

Maybe he has delusions that he's good enough to start and thinks he'll have a chance to compete.

The dude isn't even on the active roster what are you talking about.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

How exactly do you know their plans for Fromm?  Do you really think they drafted him planning on not trying to develop him?!

I mean they just cut him 3 months ago. Not exactly a vote of confidence.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, PS players are essentially Free Agents and can sign (or decline to sign) with any team.

But the Giants must pay him 3 weeks regular roster money, which is $43k/game or a minimum of $130k.

As a practice squad guy, he earns $9,200/week

So if he stays on their roster only 3 weeks then reverts to a practice squad somewhere, that's an extra $101k

Guy just got married, that would be serious money to turn down

Exactly right. 

People forget that there are many reasons players do the things they do. It's almost like they are real human beings. Many factors go into decisions. An extra $100k and Christmas near NYC is a dream come true for many newly married couples. Beat of luck to both!

22 minutes ago, QCity said:

I mean they just cut him 3 months ago. Not exactly a vote of confidence.

I was responding to someone who said it was a wasted pick, because they were "never" going to develop him.  Players don't work out all the time, it doesn't mean the team didn't do their due diligence or it's a result of incompetence.

Edited by Captain Caveman

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

I was responding to someone who said it was a wasted pick, because they were "never" going to develop him.  Players don't work out all the time, it doesn't mean the team didn't due their due diligence or it's a result of incompetence.

OK I see that now, took that out of context for sure. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.