Tommy Doyle to Covid List

YoloinOhio

The news here is Feliciano is back along with Brown and Star. Aside from Tredavious, we're back in business....

We will beat the Pats on MNF....

And really, for this year, that's all that matters. Beat the pats!

First place in the East, Tuesday morning. Feel it.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just cut Doyle now.  He looks so unathletic.  I get he was a 5th round pick and at that point you are probably taking flyers on people, but they should have drafted an interior lineman on either side of the ball instead of an unathletic swing OT.  

13 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If Doyle misses does that mean Bobby Hart as swing tackle?😬😬😬

Williams moves inside with a healthy Brown and Bates is swing OT.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Just cut Doyle now.  He looks so unathletic.  I get he was a 5th round pick and at that point you are probably taking flyers on people, but they should have drafted an interior lineman on either side of the ball instead of an unathletic swing OT.  

Doyle graded out incredible athletic wise.

• Like (+1) 2

Doyle has been a complete waste of roster space this year but this isn't a good sign since he's another olineman and you wonder who else he's been around in the last week.

In fact with the dust from the holidays settling around the league I won't be surprised if there is spike players heading to the covid list soon, not just the Bills but most other teams.

• Vomit 1

I don't remember how Doyle played in the preseason, but the regular season sample size isn't very large.  I know that he nearly got Josh killed on his first snap, but did he play any more than that one snap?  Did he get an entire series (which if he did, was probably a 3 and out, the way they played in that game)?  I have no idea whether he'll develop into a contributing player or not, but I think it's a little soon to write the kid off.  Obviously, they saw something in him that warranted a mid-round draft pick.  Of course, they saw something in Cody Ford too.

Edited by msw2112
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Doyle is exactly the type of player you pick in the 5th round. An athletic player at a premium position that is from a smaller school. Doyle scored a 9.9 on the Relative Athletic Score, Brown scored a 10.0. Doyle needs time to adjust to the speed of the game.  He could end up being the starting RT with Brown to LT and Dawkins to LG. Or Doyle is the swing tackle for another year. 
Doyle will payoff in the long run. Big time.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Doyle is exactly the type of player you pick in the 5th round. An athletic player at a premium position that is from a smaller school. Doyle scored a 9.9 on the Relative Athletic Score, Brown scored a 10.0. Doyle needs time to adjust to the speed of the game.  He could end up being the starting RT with Brown to LT and Dawkins to LG. Or Doyle is the swing tackle for another year. 

Agreed, even if he’s just a solid swing tackle.

He may be more PS level but our guys keep getting poached.

44 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

So, are you trying to say he does NOT know more than Beane? I am shocked, I tell you! 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

The news here is Feliciano is back along with Brown and Star. Aside from Tredavious, we're back in business....

We will beat the Pats on MNF....

And really, for this year, that's all that matters. Beat the pats!

First place in the East, Tuesday morning. Feel it.

Go Bills!

I agree. I hate losing Tre but I feel alot better about things than yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

So, are you trying to say he does NOT know more than Beane? I am shocked, I tell you! 

Well his comments felt like they were a little emotional and based off one play from the Jets game and the fact Doyle has Covid now. If you do a little research you find out Doyle is very athletic. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.