NFL Draft Scout Matt Miller podcast with Bills Scout AJ Highsmith

YoloinOhio

Most interesting bits:

- there are scouts who have told Matt they scout QBs from January to April. I have been pretty insistent on this when folks say "oh guy X is moving or down boards" that it is just the media catching up to the teams. Often it is. But this was a good reminder that those visits and workouts matter. 

- AJ loved Jonathan Taylor. Amen to that. I feel like I went to war for him as the best back in that class when people loved Swift and Dobbins and CEH. None of whom are bad football players. But Taylor is one of the best 3 college running backs I have seen in 8 years evaluating. It is him, Zeke and Dalvin Cook. I agree with AJ I wouldn't swap him for Diggs but man he is just awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Most interesting bits:

- there are scouts who have told Matt they scout QBs from January to April. I have been pretty insistent on this when folks say "oh guy X is moving or down boards" that it is just the media catching up to the teams. Often it is. But this was a good reminder that those visits and workouts matter. 

- AJ loved Jonathan Taylor. Amen to that. I feel like I went to war for him as the best back in that class when people loved Swift and Dobbins and CEH. None of whom are bad football players. But Taylor is one of the best 3 college running backs I have seen in 8 years evaluating. It is him, Zeke and Dalvin Cook. I agree with AJ I wouldn't swap him for Diggs but man he is just awesome. 

Why didn’t the Bills try to move up and get Taylor? He didn’t go to far ahead of Epenesa. Instead of crying over spilled milk, hopefully the Bills draft this guy.

• Like (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why didn’t the Bills try to move up and get Taylor? He didn’t go to far ahead of Epenesa. Instead of crying over spilled milk, hopefully the Bills draft this guy.

I doubt Breece falls down to us. I expect him the first RB off the board and to go in the teens.

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Highsmith doesn’t make the draft decisions. He gives his work to Terrence gray and Brandon Beane. So they didn’t place the same value in him to trade up. Also, trading up for a RB that early isn’t typically thought of as smart. Beane loved moss by all accounts and reportedly had to restrain himself from trading up for him and that was in the 3rd. Also could have had dobbins without trading up. Don’t think they had the value on either one - we can all debate as to why. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Highsmith doesn’t make the draft decisions. He gives his work to Terrence gray and Brandon Beane. So they didn’t place the same value in him to trade up. Also, trading up for a RB that early isn’t typically thought of as smart. Beane loved moss by all accounts and reportedly had to restrain himself from trading up for him and that was in the 3rd. Also could have had dobbins without trading up. Don’t think they had the value on either one - we can all debate as to why. 

Bean is great at drafting, average players.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.