Weather Forecast for Monday

Awwufelloff

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Right, so the valid time at the top is just irrelevant. When I did these forecasts I did them for a 24 hour period as accurately as possible, like we're supposed to. But they're done every 8 hours and amended in between for accuracy because high accuracy is important.....

The forecast is for a period of hours as depicted.

Within that "period" are individual periods, often four hours, but it varies based on the expected changes within that overall period. Rapidly changing weather causes more "FM's."

That's the "FM" meaning "from."

That is why the forecast that you provided specifically states those limited periods, as I have quoted.

Same thing every day, everywhere.

It is ridiculous to assume that a single forecast would be valid for 24 hours. 

They aren't and they never have been.

The 24 hours contains many individual time periods within, as you linked.

Personal crap aside, I don't care.

Just now, sherpa said:

The forecast is for a period of hours as depicted.

Within that "period" are individual periods, often four hours, but it varies based on the expected changes within that overall period. Rapidly changing weather causes more "FM's."

That's the "FM" meaning "from."

That is why the forecast that you provided specifically states those limited periods, as I have quoted.

Same thing every day, everywhere.

It is ridiculous to assume that a single forecast would be valid for 24 hours. 

They aren't and they never have been.

The 24 hours contains many individual time periods within, as you linked.

Personal crap aside, I don't care.

Valid period was 00Z to 24Z. FM "from" 1900 until the end of the valid period, genius.

Don't try to explain something you clearly don't understand. 

But we all know you will because you're "that guy."

On 12/4/2021 at 11:36 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Actually in the Dawson Knox interview I just linked in the Game Week, he would agree with you; he said he'd rather play when it's cold and then when you're warmed up you feel good vs playing in 100 degrees (I think that's what 85 degrees climbs to on the Astroturf) and you're getting IVs at halftime for cramping

Probably people aren't going to be thrilled with 25+ winds. But in general, I can imagine that 40-60 degrees is pretty good; when you are working hard on the field you are cooled off and on the sidelines you can grab a jacket or whatever.

29 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Valid period was 00Z to 24Z. FM "from" 1900 until the end of the valid period, genius.

Don't try to explain something you clearly don't understand. 

But we all know you will because you're "that guy."

I have read them and "understood" them for many decades, including many format changes.

To use your quote, and I am extremely informed on how to read it, it is from 2pm Buffalo time, until 7pm Buffalo time, ending a full hour and a half before game time.

That is the 1900Z forecast you included.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

I have read them and "understood" them for many decades, including many format changes.

To use your quote, and I am extremely informed on how to read it, it is from 2pm Buffalo time, until 7pm Buffalo time, ending a full hour and a half before game time.

That is the 1900Z forecast you included.

Yeah, I said that in my original post, dick. Thanks for proving once again that you're "that guy."

Yeah... so about that "easy game," some predicted...

False bravado & pretending this Bills team is built for bad weather is just ridiculous.

Please, from this point on, stop pretending ANY game in the NFL is "easy," and stop acting like our offense is some dominant force. They're inconsistent at best, one-dimensional & ineffective at worst. Defense did the best they could, we had good field position throughout the game, JA & Co. continued their redzone failures.

• Agree 2

On 12/5/2021 at 8:52 AM, T&C said:

I know that area well and you are going out of your way, practically all the way to Letchworth. You are much better taking 20a to Rt. 77 and head north through Bennington, Darien Center, Corfu... and catch the 90 in Pembroke. That is a hassle free stretch of road that basically just goes south to north.

Rte 77 is actually Strykersville. A guy I know owns Knighthawk Offroad at the intersection of 20A and 77. His address is actually a Strykersville zipcode.  I always take the 90 to Pembroke. But in this case, 77 was closed in Bennington for some reason. Not a cool detour. In the middle of nowhere going through white outs along the way. Kinda wish I never made it now, lol. 

Edited by Bubba Gump

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.