Weather Forecast for Monday

Awwufelloff

12 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Syracuse weatherman said 100 mph winds and a flock of penguins are expected to swim ashore in Angola. But I would think the Buffalo weather guys have a better handle on it. 

Yeah, a city 60 miles away, which uses the same weather models, the US, the Canadian and the Euro, is gonna come up with a totally different forecast than the Buffalo guys? Gotcha.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

We went to a game years ago when the team was awful and it was wet snow and rain and ice all game. I found it to be fun, except for the walk through the parking lot after. That was a little scary, and the Bills won the game. 

Well the stadium audience isn't 65,000 who "went to a game once".

Season ticket holders often end up attending hundreds of games in OP.

Stifling hot September games........then pouring rain and high wind games in fall.........then windy and bitter cold meaningless late season games are fine when they are all a novelty...........not so much when you've sat thru a few dozen of them.

It's cute that there are still people who think that the NFL draws tv ratings because of snow games though.   That must be why SEC football is so popular.

People watch the games to see football.  Bad weather games are only interesting as an occasional substitute for well played football.   

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/30/2021 at 1:33 PM, FilthyBeast said:

How is this bad luck in Orchard Park in December?

Are most of the fans on this board not from Buffalo or understand this is extremly normal circumstances that the Bills have played in during their entire franchise existence??

Again if this team and QB can't play in these type of conditions than the Pegulas need to clean house immediately because there was a major disconnect somewhere in terms of how you build an NFL team that has play football during the winter in the northeast US.

Haha!   Reading this I was thinking , is this a BILLS board?  We thrived cuz when it was too tough for them it was “ just right for us”!   It used to be we had a home field advantage and wanted every big game here in Buffalo in Dec/ Jan !    Bills draft a BG ARM qb who played in Wyoming and was drafted to handle inclement weather because he spins the ball so well.  We built a team to play HOME PLAYOFF. GAMES in Jan.!   Now people are worried about the weather, a week out, something neither team has any control over.  

Wow, how the tides have changed when Bills fans are worried a power running team from New England with a rookie Qb ( from Jax and Alabama ) can have a better game than the hand picked qb brought in to lead during the weather you see in Buff during playoff time !    Come on people, it’s your home stadium.   If the weak armed guy can’t throw in weather , the run becomes predictable and stoppable!  Th Bills team history is BUILT around playing tough football in cold snowy weather!   When it snows , the receivers have an advantage knowing where they are going !  I can’t believe I am reading the Bills fans are worried about weather in Buffalo,and they have had  11 days to prep for the pats, despite possibly having the strongest armed , toughest qb, built for “ football weather”  ( tells you how worried fans are about no running game and the team playing “ soft” , finesse football!). You would think reading this the team has a new nick name based off the “ kitties”!😂. Well, actually the TEAM doesn’t seem to be whining.  Where are my old school guys at,,,,,,,,man, it’s a home Monday night game with first place on the line and fans are posting weather reports!   😈

4 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

This is why I want a dome. I will leave my false bravado at the door. I am old, my bones hurt and I don’t want to freeze my ass off for four hours next to drunken idiots.

"There's No Such Thing as Bad Weather, Only Inadequate Clothes"

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well the stadium audience isn't 65,000 who "went to a game once".

Season ticket holders often end up attending hundreds of games in OP.

Stifling hot September games........then pouring rain and high wind games in fall.........then windy and bitter cold meaningless late season games are fine when they are all a novelty...........not so much when you've sat thru a few dozen of them.

It's cute that there are still people who think that the NFL draws tv ratings because of snow games though.   That must be why SEC football is so popular.

People watch the games to see football.  Bad weather games are only interesting as an occasional substitute for well played football.  

So....if you start a GoFundMe for a dome....whatcha think you'd pull in?

(and despite the above inadequate clothes snark, please note that I'm not one of the anti-dome contingent)

21 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Haha!   Reading this I was thinking , is this a BILLS board?  We thrived cuz when it was too tough for them it was “ just right for us”!   It used to be we had a home field advantage and wanted every big game here in Buffalo in Dec/ Jan !    Bills draft a BG ARM qb who played in Wyoming and was drafted to handle inclement weather because he spins the ball so well.  We built a team to play HOME PLAYOFF. GAMES in Jan.!   Now people are worried about the weather, a week out, something neither team has any control over.  

Wow, how the tides have changed when Bills fans are worried a power running team from New England with a rookie Qb ( from Jax and Alabama ) can have a better game than the hand picked qb brought in to lead during the weather you see in Buff during playoff time !    Come on people, it’s your home stadium.   If the weak armed guy can’t throw in weather , the run becomes predictable and stoppable!  Th Bills team history is BUILT around playing tough football in cold snowy weather!   When it snows , the receivers have an advantage knowing where they are going !  I can’t believe I am reading the Bills fans are worried about weather in Buffalo,and they have had  11 days to prep for the pats, despite possibly having the strongest armed , toughest qb, built for “ football weather”  ( tells you how worried fans are about no running game and the team playing “ soft” , finesse football!). You would think reading this the team has a new nick name based off the “ kitties”!😂. Well, actually the TEAM doesn’t seem to be whining.  Where are my old school guys at,,,,,,,,man, it’s a home Monday night game with first place on the line and fans are posting weather reports!   😈

With all due respect (I'm being serious, I'm not trying to diss you or anything 🙂)

I think that this "old school" Buffalo weather thing is something that has been over romanticized by a franchise that has only qualified for the playoffs (outside of the 90s) 12 times in 50 years of football. (20 times if you count the 90s, out of ~60 years of football)

Being born in 88, so too young to remember the Super Bowl years, my guess (again outside of the 90s) is that bad weather gave the Bills some upsets or close games against far superior opponents over the 2 decades of awfulness that was 1967 to 1987. That "old school" mentality wore off was told to the generation before me while they grew up, who then got to the see the Bills at their peak in the late 80s and 90s. So, they believed the "old school weather" thing because they saw the pinnacle of the Bills franchise, and so now in 2021, you still have that generation "Billieving" in that. Where pretty much everyone else older or younger has seen the Bills mostly suck (I am a huge fan, dont get me wrong, but its the truth unfortunately). These younger cats only saw another almost 20 years of awfulness in 2000-2020, where teams with great QBs who throw all over the field (Colts, Rams, NO, all domes) win. Sure there is New England, but outside of the "Tuck Rule Game", how many bad weather games has he played. (I did check 13-2 in games under 32 degrees, but that doesn't automatically  mean it was snowing or had high wind in those games)

Again, I have nothing against "old school" football or anyone who believes in it. I just think that time is gone. (See earlier post)

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"There's No Such Thing as Bad Weather, Only Inadequate Clothes"

So....if you start a GoFundMe for a dome....whatcha think you'd pull in?

(and despite the above inadequate clothes snark, please note that I'm not one of the anti-dome contingent)

Same as a GoFundMe for the entire stadium.   Zero.   We already assume we will be paying for PSL's etc..

I know the age demographic of this site really thinks that everything 5-10 years from now will look like it does right here and now..........but the way sports entertainment and gambling are going there will likely be a significant financial advantage to getting fans into the game early or getting them to stay later afterward.   I can easily see a future where the tickets themselves are only half of the revenue(or less) that a team earns inside the stadium on a game day.    Beyond competitive advantages like noise and being able to recruit or retain talent easier........putting a roof on it would just show some actual foresight.    

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You'd be very wrong.

College and pro football dominate tv ratings like nothing else.

None of those ratings are predicated on playing "outdoors"  LOFL. :lol:

Oy.... I mean you started with a straw man argument that people think the NFL draws tv ratings because of snow games. Then you seem to be saying that the SEC is popular because they play in nice weather...

None of this is true.

What are you actually saying?

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

People love to watch games played in the snow, whether NFL/NCAA, just because they are pretty rare. Watching that first game of the year in a driving snow is always intriguing. People love to see snow games during the holiday season. Snow games are pretty rare in Buffalo too. Maybe once every five years do you get a decent snow game in Buffalo. People make it sound like after Halloween, every game in Buffalo is in a driving blizzard. It's ridiculous how people overreact to the Buffalo weather. I actually look forward to sitting at the stadium during a good snow every now and then. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

People love to watch games played in the snow, whether NFL/NCAA, just because they are pretty rare. Watching that first game of the year in a driving snow is always intriguing. People love to see snow games during the holiday season. Snow games are pretty rare in Buffalo too. Maybe once every five years do you get a decent snow game in Buffalo. People make it sound like after Halloween, every game in Buffalo is in a driving blizzard. It's ridiculous how people overreact to the Buffalo weather. I actually look forward to sitting at the stadium during a good snow every now and then. 

Some people do like to watch a snow game, but it doesn’t drive any ratings because the TV market is set well before the game starts.  Within the market the snow games have not really been shown to increase viewership in any data sets I have seen and it does tend to decrease the attendance as travel to and from the game is impacted.  

I personally prefer to sit in snow versus other precipitation (rain/sleet/etc), but at this stage of my life - I prefer something we have not seen this year at home - sunny, warm, dry, and nearly no wind.  

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.