Weather Forecast for Monday

Awwufelloff

We'll be lucky to get any stadium built, but it aint going to have a roof at the cost of hundreds of millions more. 

Arguing about a dome is like arguing for the new field to be built at the land I bought in East Newstead along the thruway on the advice of a dude I met from Dunkirk. Now we just grow onions and sit in broken plastic Adirondack chairs watching the cars go by. But that's another story... 

1. NYS is flat broke

2. NYS politics is all about COVID, COVID, COVID and now you're asking for hundreds of millions for billionaire owners of an upstate team 

3. The Bills owners aren't even asking for a roof

4. Now you expect the STATE to say "hey, let's do a roof and here's ANOTHER few hundred million on top of the obscene amount you already want from our broke state in the middle of the pandemic?" 

There won't be a roof, and we, like the Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers, and New England Patriots, will be DOOMED to not get to Super Bowls OR have great passing games because of the weather. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KCNC said:

Embrace it boys!

When it’s too tough for them……….

It’s just right for me to watch from my couch! 

How shocking that a weather report for a December game turned into a referendum on dome vs open stadiums. Who could have POSSIBLY seen that coming? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

the wind - I heard that the stadium sits on elevated ground thus the wind more of a factor, the city of Buffalo by comparison sits at 600 feet - the stadium is roughly 300 feet higher:

Elevation of Orchard Park, NY, USA

Longitude: -78.744092

Latitude: 42.7675323

Elevation: 263m / 863feet

I’m from deep north Italy so i know very well winter conditions, snow and wind, today here was sunny but 27f. You call me crazy but Monday night i hope for a super cold night with some snow and no wind at all. Do they have better backs ? So let it snow and relate to passing game, where we have a top five QB and great wideouts. 

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

In the past 20 years, how many dome teams have won Super Bowls?  Two.  Indy and NO.   Sixteen cold team games but cold weather cities, one wet weather (Seattle) and the lone warm weather outdoor team is Tampa Bay.   It is about how you play.  Elements be damned. 

Yeah and they both had HOF qbs who thrived on throwing the ball. Peyton has said many times he was grateful to play indoors. Let's take snow completely out of the argument.  Are the anti-domers purposely ignoring the documented fact that JA struggles in wind and rain. We seen this multiple times. Maybe they go cheap and say "screw it we're not spending the extra money on a retractable roof"?  I just personally think it will come back to bite this team. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah the sleet was brutal in the upper deck that day.   Blinding.    So we went downstairs and the place was so empty late in the game that we actually walked across the stands with the teams as they moved up and down the field.    Really started snowing very hard late in the game.

Got out to the parking lot and there was like 10" of snow on the cars.   We had a two wheel drive 12 passenger Ram van and got on 20A to go home and the roads were terrible.    Some volunteer fire department had a detour set up about 10 miles outside of OP and idiotically sent us all down a road that had a deep ravine in it.   We were just over the crest of a hill with a line of cars right behind us when I could see cars piled up at the bottom of the ravine.   They couldn't get up the hill and had rolled back.     Only way thru was to ride the ditch around them like a rail.   I flew down no brakes and the piled up snow kept us upright and somehow we got lucky and popped out of the ditch at full speed after the pile-up and made it up the steep hill.   What a cluster.   When we reached Warsaw it hadn't snowed one bit all day and it was like an October ride home from there.    It was surreal but that's lake effect.....and that's why we need a gotdamn dome!    

A dome ain't gonna save you from that drive!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

The wind...the rain....the snow...thats for tough football teams with strong trenches and favor running teams.

We have none of that.....why the ***** are we not building a dome for the new stadium. ***** the elements.

And what happens when three years after the stadium opens and the Bills have a new HC and GM that prefer power football? Tear the dome off the stadium?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

lol 

You get the opportunity to go to a game and you want to complain about the weather?

Honestly... I got some normal time off... Thinking about getting tickets.  It's like skiing... I don't mind the temps... Just Hate the rain... I don't wanna sit in cold rain... If they were forecasting a foot of snow, I'd have my tickets alreadt...

...Guess I will just wait till we get a little closer..  

Really.  I don't mind 30s, 40s... Love skiing in it... Just hate the rain. 

19 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah and they both had HOF qbs who thrived on throwing the ball. Peyton has said many times he was grateful to play indoors. Let's take snow completely out of the argument.  Are the anti-domers purposely ignoring the documented fact that JA struggles in wind and rain. We seen this multiple times. Maybe they go cheap and say "screw it we're not spending the extra money on a retractable roof"?  I just personally think it will come back to bite this team. 

Do want the city/state/ownership to add millions to a stadium construction budget for one player?  I get your thinking but those who are not football fans will howl in anger over that.

7 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Wrong. Mac Jones is the pleasant earthy smell after a soft summer rain. 

There’s a word for that: Petrichor.

Mac Jones is petrichor.

Or the foul odor after a soft unpleasant bowel movement 

9 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Do want the city/state/ownership to add millions to a stadium construction budget for one player?  I get your thinking but those who are not football fans will howl in anger over that.

I understand this. 50% of the cost will come from taxpayers. I get it. But if I felt building a dome benefits Josh enough for him to lead this Lombardi-less franchise to a championship wouldn't you say it was worth every penny. And I totally understand the beauty of an outdoor game. It just seems like Orchard park has become the windiest NFL city every Sunday. And you can't deny it affects his play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.