ESPN article: NFL...More Balanced and Unpredictable than ever.

First Round Bust

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32736743/why-nfl-2021-feels-more-balanced-unpredictable-ever-before

Bills details - quotes from Diggs and Dawkins

It's a week-to-week [league], and you've got to come to play each and every week," Buffalo Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs said.

Diggs and the Bills, then 5-2, lost to the 1-6 Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 9 in one of the season's biggest upsets. Neither team scored a touchdown, and the Jaguars won 9-6 by kicking one more field goal than the Bills.

"You just can't get comfortable," Bills tackle Dion Dawkins said after the contest. "You have to stay hungry and everybody is going to give us their best ball. We're in a position now that everybody is going to give us their best ball every week. Everybody's coming for the Buffalo Bills.

"You have to go through the ups and downs of life in football and wins and losses to honestly feel that and understand that. It's a kill or be killed world, and now that we know that everybody has their best effort against us, then we just know that we have to be at our best every time. We can never take our foot off of that gas pedal."

Just now, The Red King said:

See, this is what has me wondering.  I mean, if the NFL could script a season, isn't this what they'd write?  All they need now is a NE/Tampa Super Bowl.

They’d love that matchup. But it has no star power other than Belichick on the NE side. With most

big market/huge fan base teams (NY, Chicago, Pitt) seemingly out of it, could it be that the Bills are right up there in the TV exec’s dream matchup list? 

absolutely no doubt the NFL would LOVE Brady vs Bill in the big game. 

Whoever plays Tampa will need to be perfect to win. Colts had them, going in to go up 17 points in the 3rd quarter when BAM! Wentz remembers he is Wentz and fumbles to end a Red Zone drive. That gave the refs the opening they needed, and the PI started flying for Tampa when they hadn't all game. 

I'll give the refs credit: they will give you a fair shot to put Brady's team away early. But then they're going to step in if it's still close late. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

They’d love that matchup. But it has no star power other than Belichick on the NE side. With most

big market/huge fan base teams (NY, Chicago, Pitt) seemingly out of it, could it be that the Bills are right up there in the TV exec’s dream matchup list? 

Bills are UPSTATE NY so they rather have Giants or Jets… but preferably an LA team to get that city excited about football. 

59 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed… they are playing much better now and after watching them against the Cowboys and Chris Jones a one man show I’m thankful he didn’t play that night against us as he probably would’ve undressed Feliciano again.

Jones not being at 3 tech was one of the biggest differences between the game this year and the AFCCG.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Only 3 of those would be repeat division winners from 2020....

Cards and NE may be the more surprising compared to last season, but the rest are hardly strangers to the list (NE missed one year on many).  They are typically at or near the top.  Hard to call that list unpredictable.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills are UPSTATE NY so they rather have Giants or Jets… but preferably an LA team to get that city excited about football. 

Uhhh upstate?? Not quite. Western NY my friend!  Please don’t lump us in with the beautiful people of Westchester county and career political criminals of Albany. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Only 3 of those would be repeat division winners from 2020....

There’s gonna be 4 😃 I am very much not into this ‘oh the pats have played an extra game but let’s still make a big deal about them being in first’ thing 

4 hours ago, Behindenemylines said:

Uhhh upstate?? Not quite. Western NY my friend!  Please don’t lump us in with the beautiful people of Westchester county and career political criminals of Albany. 

Mann I’m a county up from westchester…just missed being a beautiful person lol 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

There’s gonna be 4 😃 I am very much not into this ‘oh the pats have played an extra game but let’s still make a big deal about them being in first’ thing 

Mann I’m a county up from westchester…just missed being a beautiful person lol 

Well as they say Westchester is Bestchester

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.