Let's put it another way - Are the Bills a better team than the Pats?

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Responding to one person who evades every direct question. 

Yes I think they are.  They were before the season started and the first 5 games.  The Pats are on an incredible run, but I still see the Bills as a much better team where it counts, which is skill.  If they lose I will see it as a huge failure of the coaching staff.  

nonsense.  i've answered you in many threads with honest answers, and those responses are ignored.  you just typically respond to drama.  i even made a comment in regards to the pats losing to the giants in the sb, and you attacked it.  you really need to stop blaming other people for the grief you get in your threads.  this forum is very fair, and people get respect when they give it to  others.

1 minute ago, teef said:

nonsense.  i've answered you in many threads with honest answers, and those responses are ignored.  you just typically respond to drama.  i even made a comment in regards to the pats losing to the giants in the sb, and you attacked it.  you really need to stop blaming other people for the grief you get in your threads.  this forum is very fair, and people get respect when they give it to  others.

Yep and any given Sunday.....  I get it.....  Youse too smart for me......

Hey we look great on paper and when you put each team up talent vs talent but it's not showing up on the field and that's where it counts !!

The Bills are a S**T ton better of a team than the Jags and they couldn't score so none of that matters at the end of the day if you have another L in that column the only thing that matters is if there is a W instead of a L at the end of the game .

Like my old man use to say "i thought i farted but s**t my pants" it kind of pertains to this in just about the same way ...

19 hours ago, Success said:

Wow - I just read a "Mac Jones" thread on one of the Pats boards.  Has anyone done that?

I get that every fan, deep down, is kind of a homer - but man, what an eye opener.  It was like the "Da Bears" guys from SNL.  Don't even play the games - just give the guy 6 rings already!

To be fair some of us did the same for Trent Edwards 😂 gotta let it play out then make fun of them if they’re wrong haha I think most people assume qb progression is linear and he will keep getting better but it really doesn’t work like that at all.  there’s always a chance he hits a wall and never recovers when defensive coordinators really get a hang of his tendencies. RGIII looked unstoppable his rookie year and there’s a long list of others 

The Bills are the better squad of players, and I don't think it's close on that front.  

However, Bill Belichick has the tenacious bastard mindset that adapts from series to series. That's not in the McDermott DNA, and that's where this game is going to be decided. 

You can't just sit back and follow *your* plan blindly, or wait till the half.

When you play a coach like BB, you need to channel BB to beat the BB.  Too many coaches don't.  

36 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The Bills are the better squad of players, and I don't think it's close on that front.  

However, Bill Belichick has the tenacious bastard mindset that adapts from series to series. That's not in the McDermott DNA, and that's where this game is going to be decided. 

You can't just sit back and follow *your* plan blindly, or wait till the half.

When you play a coach like BB, you need to channel BB to beat the BB.  Too many coaches don't.  

Tom Coughlin was the best at it. Beat him twice on the biggest stage. Even in the regular season the Giants always played them tough. Of course they had a front 4 that could pressure Brady which was key.

• Agree 1

On 11/30/2021 at 10:31 AM, GunnerBill said:

Yes. But not by a lot. The defenses are very equal. The special teams are both very good. Both are well coached. Their line is moderately better our weapons outside of Stef are moderately better. The difference is Josh and Diggs IMO. 

They have better DE

Yes.

The Bills are a better team than the Pats but the Pats are far and away the better coached team. The awareness of their players is incredible. They have a rookie QB and yet they find themselves at the top of the division. Put Josh Allen in New England and I bet Belichick wins another 6-7 Super Bowls. 

If Buffalo loses the division to the Patriots I will probably go into a major depression. Seriously? A rookie QB outdoing arguably a top 5 QB in Allen? Despicable.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.