Let's put it another way - Are the Bills a better team than the Pats?

Billsfan1972

Yes unequivocally I say they are.  They are at home Monday night for a game they need to win (not crucial, but a loss would be crushing).  

I'm tired reading that anything can happen, any given Monday, things aren't linear, bad bounces, calls, decisions.....  

If the Bills do lose, what does that say? 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes unequivocally I say they are.  They are at home Monday night for a game they need to win (not crucial, but a loss would be crushing).  

I'm tired reading that anything can happen, any given Monday, things aren't linear, bad bounces, calls, decisions.....  

I think they are a better team overall.  It doesn’t meant the better always wins, unfortunately.  

I love McDermott but I think Belichick is still one of the best coaches of all-time.   He built his current roster to combat teams like Buffalo and Kansas City.  McDermott and the Bills likely knew he was going to gunning for them too.  

From a matchup standpoint, there’s a lot of concerns.  I really do believe this game could come down to turnover differential 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I think they are a better team overall.  It doesn’t meant the better always wins, unfortunately.  

I love McDermott but I think Belichick is still one of the best coaches of all-time.   He built his current roster to combat teams like Buffalo and Kansas City.  McDermott and the Bills likely knew he was going to gunning for them too.  

From a matchup standpoint, there’s a lot of concerns.  I really do believe this game could come down to turnover differential 

Yep...

Yes they are, but the problem is we lose a rookie offensive tackle and a left guard, also some down time with our starting TE and the result is the Bills are staring at their belly buttons against one of the worst teams in the league with one of the worst defenses. 

We have a great defense that has an Achilles heel against fast Rbs and big o-lines. I see other very good teams stutter, but they don't seem to just plain fall like the Bills do.   Either that or a team like GB with Rodgers, is just plain way better than us, which I don't think they are.

"They think too much about the big ball, or homerun play."

No, they don't.  They need to make that work.  They need to make Ds go back on their heels somehow.  They can't just be good, they have to be dangerous at scoring...against good teams, if they still want to go anywhere this season...especially now that Tre is out on D.  I think it is entirely possible for us to be giving up 7-10 more points per game with Tre out.

"Just win baby!"...Sure.  

However, more like, "Just score a s***-load, baby!"

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

36 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Other then oline there really aren’t many positional groups you can make an argument for the pats even with the loss of Trey the Pats have a secondary that’s kinda ehh 

If the Bills lose it’s on them for being poorly prepared and poor execution  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I would be curious to see what all non Bills or Patriots football fans think.  On this board, I can already see most are saying the Bills.  Post this on a Patriots board and I'm sure the majority would say Pats.  Bills were definitely better in September and October.

1 minute ago, teef said:

the giants beat the pats in the superbowl the year the pats had an undefeated regular season.  they were not the better team.  they were jus the better team that day.  

Wow....  Thanks for that one.....  Dig deep into the archives to pull that one out.  

Got another one for you The Jets beat Baltimore in SB III......😜

• Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes. But not by a lot. The defenses are very equal. The special teams are both very good. Both are well coached. Their line is moderately better our weapons outside of Stef are moderately better. The difference is Josh and Diggs IMO. 

Agree with this.

Player for player, even without Tre, we are the more talented team.  The issue we currently have, outside health, is that the Pats know exactly who they are.. Whereas we seem to still be searching for an identity. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.